Ancient warfare recommendations thread

I´ve seen a lot of these type of films/shows. However, I keep wanting more. I've been looking for asian/arab tv shows like these because it seems those are the only one left that I haven't seen.

Must watch:
>Vikings
>The Last Kingdom
>Marco Polo
>Bastard Executioner
>Rome
>Spartacus (all versions)
>Red Cliff (and other asian warfare cinema)
>Alexander
>etc...

TLDR: Please recommend (foreign) tv shows about ancient warfare, conquest, battle tactics, commanders, politics with a big enough budget to not suck ass. They don't have to be 10/10 kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GcZ2zq82ebA&list=PLQgby8Rb0ImEP4108x04Feg2dBvuDADJG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Cao Cao did nothing wrong

Admiral:Roaring Currents is a Korean movie about a battle with the japs. Might look a bit like koreans butthurt but is pretty neat

How good is the Red Cliff movies?

Lawrence Of Arabia is old as fuck but might be the best movie of the 20th century, dunno if interests you though

Yes I've seen it and liked it. Also have seen most WW2 movies. I'm looking for lesser known shows/films but still with large scale battle or interesting missions.

Resurrection: Ertugrul.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Admiral , some Dutch movie on naval warfare. But over styled with slowmotions but I found it enjoyable.

Ran by Kurosawa. Seems like it would be right up your alley.

Have also seen Borgias and shows like it. I couldn't make a list with everything i've seen but basically: everything that media networks have shilled, I have seen.

There must be so relatively unknown foreign tv shows like some commenter posted.

Arn Templar, if you enjoy crusade related stuff. Also, Sweden yes!

Also watched Arn.

Anyone see the russian Viking-like film called Viking (I think)? How was it?

WE

The one mongolian film about tsenghis khan, forgot its name though - quite new

Probably the finest Sinokino I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.

Does a movie/ show about it actually exist?! would rather get my hands on the book but i guess i could do with a show/movie.

Watched a few monkey king ones... wouldn´t recomend any of those... except maybe the old one produced by the old Hallmark channel. That was fun (albeit not entirely for the right reasons).

Vikings is shit, don't bother. The Last Kingdom does it better

Vikings, The Last Kingdom, and Marco Polo are all garbage.

That a soap opera.

Fuck you. The first seasons of Vikings where better than GoT by a fucking mile... and i don´t mean run down D&D post season 4 GOT. I mean red wedding level GOT.

youtube.com/watch?v=GcZ2zq82ebA&list=PLQgby8Rb0ImEP4108x04Feg2dBvuDADJG

yeah watch the 2010 series here

Game of Thrones

This was a good one

It's a series from a few years ago. It's absolutely fantastic.

>26 replies
>ctrl+f "Kingdom of Heaven"
>"no results"

you fucking plebs

Nice. Thank you.