So we can all agree that Star Trek is Star War's great rival but does Lord of the Rings has any rivals?

So we can all agree that Star Trek is Star War's great rival but does Lord of the Rings has any rivals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45-8eZViYOE
dailymotion.com/video/x2nkjnc
youtube.com/watch?v=GXZNLICOkXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Harry Potter

And Harry Potter is better. Hackson only made one good film.

This is a reddit shitflinging bait thread though

True. They're extremely comfy.

b8

It's not bait you can fuck off back to r/movies anytime though kiddo

Games of Thrones

Aw shit I got baited by an undercover publicist again. Don't make the same mistake I did guys.

>And Harry Potter is better.
ahg,you had to say that and summon that faggot of the copypasta,didnt you?

I'll say it first: in terms of popularity there is Game of Thrones, and I dare to say that the approach is kinda the same, Star Wars is epic and fun, LOTR is epic and endearing, Star Trek is more realistic and try to set an universe to tell multiple stories just like GoT try to. Then we could argue about the quality since all these franchises have high and lows (LOTR has the Hobbit desu).

>faggot
>implying it's singular
I'm pretty sure there are multiple anons who post it

if LOTR is a solid 10 there are no movies (or series) that even reach 7/10.

Pitting LotR against GoT is what they want you to do. You've been played son.

lotr is the right wing version of harry potter

Die Nibelungen is unironically much better than LOGH.

LOGH was pretty good, what's Die Nibelungen? the 1924 film?

Jackson turnes lotr into such a quipfest characters are literally quipping en masse in return of the king. Literally quipping their kill count. It's just as cringey as attack of the clones aggressive negotiations quip

>b-but my jew trophies
You just proved you're a pleb

>LOGH
I meant LOTR. Yes, it's from 1924.

youtube.com/watch?v=45-8eZViYOE
The dragon fight is also better than that shit from The Hobbit.

Die Nibelungen is what LOTR is based off tho

Gimli and Legolas are the worst part of the movie.

what a wonderful ps3 game. late 90s kids will defend this....

oh btw, simple answer: freakin EXCALIBUR (director even wanted to make a lotr movie but couldn't at the time)

based quip poster

The only movie I can think of which feels anything like LoTR at all is Brödrarna Lejonhjärta, but I'd never call it a rival.

dailymotion.com/video/x2nkjnc

Nah, nothing can compete with Mommy Galdriel and Her perfect sweety feets. :3

Nah, nothing can compete with Mommy Galadriel and Her perfect sweety feets. :3

>So we can all agree that Star Trek is Star War's great rival
Wrong. Outside of containing the word "Star" and having scenes in space they have nothing in common.

>he doesn't know about Das Rheingold

youtube.com/watch?v=GXZNLICOkXE

Tolkien got the main symbols in The Hobbit from Richard Wagner’s Ring cycle, but he was testy and sensitive whenever Wagner’s name was mentioned. The problem was Wagner’s anti-Semitism. The English had a long history of philo-Semitism that did not mesh with Wagner’s views, leading to an artistic conflict that Tolkien could not resolve, and ultimately to an incoherent book. In purging Wagner’s symbols of their anti-Semitism, Tolkien purged them of their meaning as well, for the real issue in Wagner’s Das Rheingold is capitalism, not anti-Semitism. And if Capitalism is the real issue, England must be the villain, which is unacceptable to Tolkien, an English patriot. Once rearranged to suit English sensibilities, though, those symbols lose their power, meaning, and coherence.

Considering that The Lord of the Rings has become more or less the foundation on which modern fantasy is built, I should think not.

>PS3 graphics in the 90s
>Around the same time Matrix Reloaded was out