VIKINGS!!

I’m in love with the series Vikings - any recommendations for something similar?

breaking bad

The Sopranos

The Last Kingdom

This. the MC can get obnoxious though.

Game of Thrones - started out good only to turn to libshit nonsense and then straight to Turmblr levels of stupidity.

>*exhales* *paces around other character while eating* "lagertha things will be find" *inhales* "now we must go to England" *other vikings cheer* "FOR WE ARE VIKINGS, AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO"

"I am Uthred son of Uthred" (son of another Uthred)

Marco polo

Has this finished yet? I think I watched three seasons, was gonna wait until it was over and binge the rest. Does it maintain its quality?

no, no

>not liking Ragnar

kys my good sir

I looked it up. Fourth series ended earlier this year and they've commissioned a fifth and sixth series of 20 episodes EACH.
I knew this was popular, but I always thought it would run for a couple years and that would be the end of it. But now there's been 49 episodes and they've ordered 40 more, fucking hell.

Also, is the quality really that bad? I liked the first three seasons but it would be a shame if it has gotten really bad. Then again if it's really that shit why would they order 40 more episodes?

>Is the quality really that bad?
Absolutely not, it's still enjoyable and better than GoT
Hirst>>>DABID

Good to hear, it really stayed consistently good throughout the first three series I watched. Nice to know it's still good and it's still going strong, what with 40 episodes being commissioned in advance which is nearly the same amount of episodes we already have.
I do wonder how faithful they'll keep to Ragnar's story. The real Ragnar's end was kinda anti-climactic and not something I could see the show ending on.

It's weird, I thought Vikings had ended and that that new Templar Knights thing was going to be its "replacement".

I swear to god if he's gonna name his son Uthred and his son is gonna go being as annoying of a bitch ass boy going Uthred son of Uthred son of Uthred son of Uthred all day ever day

Fifth season is starting at the end of next month but in a way you could finish the show with 4th season. It ends the story of Ragnar and the following seasons will be the story of his sons.

There's no such thing as 'the real Ragnar' btw. He's most likely a compilation of multiple warriors and the tv show is already so deep into fiction that it doesn't matter if it follows the story of Ragnar or not. Rollo wasn't his brother nor is there any proof they had any connection at all, Lagertha was his wife only for a bit, Björn was the son of Aslaug and so on.

They already killed Ragnar forever ago in a snake pit.

pure kino

Black Sails?

This... and probably Marco Polo and Black Sails.

You meant Uthred Ragnarson right?

It is far better than GoT´s ever been. Quality has decresed though but it´s still enjoyable.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the story of Ragnar but I did know he was supposedly sentenced to death and thrown in a snake pit.

But they already did that then? That's actually surprising to hear, I thought they were gonna milk his story. But they killed him off and are now going to focus on his sons?
Not sure how to feel about that, I really liked Ragnar's character and didn't think much of his sons (though I haven't watched the 4th series yet).
How did the fans react? Because they basically killed off the main character which would've been the best place to end the show on, but now they're doing at least 40 more episodes? Would feel more like a spin-off.

Please tell me Loki's still alive.

S4 ended with his story/the beginning on his sons stories.

We got like 4 episodes of dead Ragnar and his sons fucking up the English.

Floki lives.
You get used to the sons but so far they are not par with Ragnar´s awesomeness.

Bjorn is still the best.

Bjorn and Ubbe are the best ones on screen.
Ivar is growing on me. The others might as well not be there.

>Not sure how to feel about that, I really liked Ragnar's character and didn't think much of his sons (though I haven't watched the 4th series yet).
I'm still sort of inbetween not sure how I feel about it but still looking forward to the new season. Björn's actor really picked up the slack and he's starting to become more and more enjoyable to watch. There's also some pretty cool shit upcoming with his journey. There's still Floki too. My biggest problem right now his how terrible Ivar's actor is. Well okay he has his moments but he hasn't yet sold the character where he's supposedly becoming this feared warlord. I guess we'll see on the upcoming season how he does.

>Because they basically killed off the main character which would've been the best place to end the show on
I get that a lot of people feel this but the show is called Vikings and in a way Ragnar's sons are more known and more based on facts and not myths so there's plenty of Viking related story to be told. In a way the next part is about Ragnar's legacy and what his sons do to honor that each in their own way.

Far too much STRONK SHIELDMAIDEN GRRRLZ in the latest series.

It used to be something that made Lagertha unique. But apparently all Vikings no longer ascribe to basic dimorphism and all girls are just as good at fighting as silly boys.

>Floki lives
Shit I just realised I typed Loki instead of Floki. Anyway that's great news, he's one of the best characters.

As for the sons, it's been a long time since I watched this and I only remember one son, his eldest. He took his lover with him on a raid and Ragnar got all angry at him. Didn't think the actor playing to son was very good.
I only remember one other son but he was an infant as far as I recall. But then again the show does jump forward in time a lot.

I'll watch S4 and see what I think. Might not be that bad to focus on the legacy after all, and you're right in saying there's more to the Vikings than just Ragnar. And they're obviously planning a lot of stuff for the show if they're ordering 40 episodes.

Black Sails is good.

Fuck Vikings, fucking trying to mess up Athelstans Kingdom.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT VIKING SCUM!

I think you might not have watched all of s3. Anyway Björn's (his first son) actor has developed quite a bit along the show.

You might be right there actually, thinking back I might have dropped it halfway through. Last thing I remember was some woman lusting after Athelstan and feeling all bad because Christianity. And also that the king was trying to fuck Lagartha.

The Blood Eagle thing was the S2 finale right?

I should start watching again, I'm really behind.

t. filthy bong

>t. arther

>Athelstans
this guy.

getrekt

Blood eagle scene is the best in the series, specially with the buildup and great acting all around.

It was so good. A perfectly crafted twist that took me completely by surprise. I was convinced Floki was betraying Ragnar.
Then when they all come together in that great hall and it's revealed that Ragnar was aware of everything and in full control, it was fantastic.