You think L.A. will ever actually look like this?

You think L.A. will ever actually look like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, after chinese takeover

It looks like that now if you have 6 thousand a month to spend on rent.

The slum in Elysium is how every american city will look in 40 years

and thats a good thing

If you can afford to live in one of those downtown skyscrapers, it does.

HAHAHHA commiefornia...yea no.

FUCK white people

>in 40 years

Try right now. The cities already look like this. The next domino to fall will be the suburbs, which is an ongoing process

What do you mean? That's exactly what it looks like right now.

>movie set in California
>there are white people present
>characters speak english

are you sure that's not a picture of LA?

its how it looks right now if you can afford 10 grand on rent a month

What's the best "true" LA film?

that's how the alleys next to the downtown skycrapers all look.
Also if you think Los Angeles is just down town you need to fuck off and die. Los Angeles includes the entire valley it's inside of. From Long Beach to Lancaster.
I swear all you fucking retarded idiots who think DOWNTOWN Los Angeles is ALL of Los Angeles need to be put down.

predator 2

It does now, even hellholes like Lagos look good at night from far away

and when the smog alert level is less than 0

>movie set in california
>character drinks water

Elysium earth scenes.

There aren't enough homeless people shitting in the streets

bring in the elite Indian shitting forces

Heat

Mulholland Drive

>Heat is an accurate representation of LA
Bullshit. I love that movie, but Mann has a very stylized aesthetic that does not jive with reality.

LA is a grimy shithole filled with niggers and spics. An endless expanse of garbage and highways.

Repo Man
Lethal Weapon

To Live and Die in LA
Heat
Repo Man (1984)

End of Watch

just as planned

>The slum in Elysium is how every city on earth will look in 40 years
ftfy

that is literally downtown LA

Falling Down without a doubt

the big lebowski

>literally a pic of skid row
DURRRRR all of LA is liek this!

It already does.

>it's okay that we have a huge third world ghetto because some of the city is nice

really tickles the brain pussy

Falling Down is the most accurate for early 90s LA. Just amplify the problems expressed in that movie 100x and you get LA in the current year.

>Also if you think Los Angeles is just down town you need to fuck off and die. Los Angeles includes the entire valley it's inside of. From Long Beach to Lancaster.

No that's Los Angeles county you dumb fuck. Los Angeles itself does not fucking include long beach. You're an idiot.

LA is a fucking shithole. The exceptions are the cherrypicked images of nicer areas, not the other way around.

>Huge
it's like, not even one block. Los Angeles generally is a fucking great place to live. This meme that it's some 'third world shithole' is so fucking stupid.

Cherry picked? There are tons of nice parts of l.a. Cypress, cerritos, torrance, belmont shore, beverly hills, marina del rey, fuckin malibu. You have no idea.

hey how bout you chill the fuck out

wrong, the skyline in Her was CGI

t. fly-over cuck

t. pedro maria robert sanchez y vasquez

Training Day

It's kind of funny to me to think that fly overs and yuropoors think this is what l.a. is. I've lived in poorer and nicer places in this area and it's almost nothing like training day.

>people still talking in city limit terms when the only reasonable discussion in modern times is to consider the whole metro area.

With modern transportation and the way major cities are now you can only consider the metropolitan area not the specific city within

This goes for judging size, influence and importance economically.

When people say "LA" they dont mean LA literally they mean the entire LA basin from Malibu to Irvine and San Bernardo to Long Beach.

Hell In some cases you could include all of So Cal from T.J to Santa Barbara depending on how you look at it.

They're envious bitched who've never been here.

It was the LA skyline with new buildings CGI'd in. But the OP pic is literally LA skyline today.

Fuck you and fuck LA how about that?

Shit city nobody besides retarded Californians care about.

Heat, Collateral, Training Day, End of Watch, Falling Down

all top LAkino

Pretty much this. euros like to make fun of how Americans don't understand different geographical locations and then are completely retarded when it comes to something as simple as the concept of LA county.

Pulp Fiction is the best LA film there is, and this is not even debatable. Heat is a close second.

And yet you can't stop talking about it. I guess you care.

Nobody cares califag

Repo Man

It's a big county

for you

What about this?

Drive

It might look like that one day

Yeah I think the 2019 year ruined it for me.

Even in 1982 or whatever how could anyone think LA would look like that in 30 years?

I mean those fucking pyramids would house hundreds of thousands and would take 10-15 years to build on their own.

lol god I fucking hate LA

>20% white

No. It's all downhill from here.

Menace II Society

Heat

All other answers are wrong.

It does if you live downtown.

We just got made

L.A is a shitty ass city

People had this weird thing called optimism back then

>What's the best "true" LA film?

Cannibal Holocaust

that pic is comfy as fuck

LA has a disgusting skyline. Just a pile of buildings in a cluster in the middle of the city. Gross.

And how many people care about your inbred podunk town?

I go to UCLA so I have no choice but to live here for another year and a half. I hate my life.

LA is an ugly city until it gets dark and all the lights come on. It's pretty at night.

And sweet Jesus are the women pretty here. All those back water towns cuties travel out here in hopes of making a career in the film business but just end up waiting on me at Denny's.

Their lose is my win.

>tfw you live in bumfuck nowhere flyoverville, but you get clear, starry night skies, clean air, cheap everything, virtually no crime, and 99.8% of the population is white and will continue to be for the foreseeable future
I'm not often proud of living out here, but it feels good to see every major city slowly overrun by brown people and smog from a distance.
Flyover hicks may be the laughing stock of America, but at least we won't have to suffer the smell and sounds of all the "culture" washing up on our shores.

I never assumed that LA was nice in my mind lol. The picture of LA in my mind is a nigger-infested shithole

Isn't that all skylines?

>people had optimism

You mean they couldn't look at pictures of 1945 LA compared to 1982 LA and maybe made a little more reasonable future city?

Also
>bladerunner
>Optimistic view of the future.

coming out of the 70's ? Dude

>slowly overrun by brown people and smog
This meme needs to die. Smog in LA is getting better, not worse. It used to be that LA natives bitch about smog and traffic but now just traffic.

United States is ~13% black while Los Angeles is only ~10% black, and they're largely concentrated in one part of the city.

The meme of the enviroment getting worse needs to end.

The West is objectively a fraction of how polluted it was in the 1960's. There are more forests in North America and Europe now than in 1900

>quality of the environment is wholly based on the number of trees

The pessimism of the past looks like optimism compared to what we now know we're going to get.

Not film, but Southland is the most accurate I've seen recently.

I heard that place is crawling with hot girls though

IS that what I fucking said? NO its just an example, the general enviroment in the western world has improved imensly since the 1960's

Mainly because nobody gave a fuck for 100 years of industry until it got so bad you couldn't see through the soot and the Cuyahoga river literally CAUGHT ON FIRE from being too polluted.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River

Yeah, I grew up in Whittier and you can actually go outside at the top of a hill at night and see downtown now. Twenty years ago it was literally impossible to do that.

the only real answer

It could be worse. I went to USC for four years.

>major city with an ever increasing minority population looking better than it currently looks

this is more accurate

Kek, not from LA but isn't USC a good school though? I've heard USC and UCLA are at the same level academically nowadays

>The picture of LA in my mind is a nigger-infested shithole

L.A. is actually not very black compared to other large cities. They're there, but they're noticeably in the minority compared to everyone else.

I remember when I moved from the Los Angeles area to the Cleveland area where I live now. I was fucking blown away by how many blacks are here. They're like literally half the population. You can't go anywhere here without black people being present. L.A. is nothing like that, not even close.

No, most large cities incorporate some sort of water feature. See NYC, Chicago, Vancouver, Toronto, etc.

The niggers aren't actually that big of a problem in LA, it's the cholo's you have to worry about.

damn in my mind this really made me think in my mind in my mind.

usc is literally across the street from the ghetto. and you have to deal with bandwagon usc football fans.