Did he have a backstory

Did he have a backstory

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Gould
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fixer for Church of Scientology

did any mysterious assassin?

>that gruff prime Cruise look

Anti protagonist with no name, user !! It’s... opposite to the topical spaghetti westerns that Clint Eastwood was used to star in. You see why the mechanics work late right ?

>not using a holster
filthy dumb, tweaker scum

The long-haired guy would just have shot him the instant he made a move. What a retarded scene.

You seriously think you know better than Vincent?

Considering he's a fictional character written by a person who has never handled firearms, yes, yes I do.

IIRC he was supposed to be former US special forces

Not about the writing though, it's about the direction
>Mick Gould was hired to train Tom Cruise for the action sequences, including showing him how to fire live rounds. Michael Mann himself trained with various weapons, so he knew how to direct the action sequences to full effect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Gould
>Michael "Mick" Gould served for the British Special Forces and Government and is now working in the movie industry as a technical advisor and trainer/coach in martial arts, close combat, firearms and their tactical applications.

So yeah, Mann actually did know what he was doing, more than you ever will.

I probably have as much second hand experience as a dozen actual soldiers.

How much CS do you play?

Nope. The only personal thing we know about him is that his mother died giving birth to him and his father was an abusive asshole.

Who else thinks using a digital camera for this was the worst idea?

apparently he killed a bunch of niggers in rwanda

They're street scum, not trained killers, the gun is undoubtedly loaded but it's still 99% for intimidation, threatening people with a gun and stealing their shit will get the cops after you eventually but straight up murder under those circumstances basically guarantees you're going down for life
The point being, he wouldn't have shot him the instant he made a movie because shooting Vincent was the last thing the long hair guy wanted to do, where shooting the long hair guy was exactly what Vincent was going to do the entire time

I really appreciate how they have the seocnd guy struggle to draw his gun here. A modern movie would have had a closeup on Cruise's hand, the guy getting shot, muzzle flashes, and about five different camera angles.

>shows slow motion shot of the gun firing from inside the casing

I think there's a great Terminator movie waiting to never be made by Michael Mann

Street scum aren't that rational. There have been plenty of cases where they (accidentally) use unnecessary violence which ends up killing the victim. Like for example keeping your hand on the trigger and pulling it because of a fright reaction.

You must really like having penis in your mouth to make that post

How is the cruise butt big yet so firm. Thing is a modern marvel.

that's what the movie lacked. i wanted to know even more about his ideology

Wow this post is gay.

It's all about acting faster than he can pull the trigger. By the time the goon had time to register Vincents move and decide to pull the trigger it was too late, the gun was already shoved aside. At best it would have gone off and impaired Vincents hearing for a while, but he wasn't quick enough to shoot him.

some street thug isn't actually planning on shooting anyone. He uses the gun as a threat that he doesn't really want to follow through with. He's not a trained killer and is liable to have at the very least a slight hesitance about actually pulling the trigger.

The real reason the scene is ridiculous is that it's two white guys acting as street muggers in LA. Yeah fucking right.

Backstories ruin characters
>muh bad childhood made me bad meme

what if they're eastern european?

Why did Slick do it?

He doesn't like when people fuck with him

He was making a move

>yfw will never have a thick head of silver hair and a suit that perfectly matches it

why even live? I will NEVER EVER look this kino

we use fists and knives

more like rusty screwdrivers

he had to get it on...man

(you)

Too many manlet jokes turned him into a raging psychopath

>he can do this but can't kill the nigger in the train

such a shitty ending

He always got lucky with the lights, you pleb.

If predator came out today they would give us 20 minutes explaining his origin on a CGI planet