The Lives of Others

Is it overrated?

youtube.com/watch?v=FppW5ml4vdw

No it's pretty accurately rated.

It makes the NSA look like a bunch of pussies

No. It's very good

Apart from Werner Herzog films this and Toni Erdmann are the only good german films i have seen

t. german

You're missing some serious kino then.

Apply yourself german

>You're missing some serious kino then.
like?

I sincerely hope you've seen Das Boot

The Conversation is better

I liked Baader-Meinhoff Komplex a lot, even though it's sided more on action.

Obviously as well.

There's several other german artists out there, but aside from Herzog... those films are just pretentious for the most part. I can see why people would like them, sure, but they barely stick out.

>Toni Erdmann is good
lmao
fuck germany anyways

>>Toni Erdmann is good
>lmao
edgy

This isn't even the definition of edgy

Have you seen Run Lola Run (Lola rennt)?

Overrated? Hell no. It's great.

It is a bit overrated though.
The script is far too much overwritten, that ending was really fucking cheesy and completely unnecessary for example.

Are you taking a class where you have to see this?

It is absolutely overrated. The main character behaves in a contrived manner and changes his attitude just because he reads Brecht and listens to the writer play piano. That is my main problem with it, how we the audience are expected to buy his total ideological shift when he is actually doing a job he has done decades prior. Why didn't this shift happen earlier, during his one of hundreds of interrogations? That poor guy at the beginning suffered and was completely forgotten about, and what for? Because he didn't perform beautifully onstage like his artist couple? Horseshit. And this isn't even getting into the music, which overpowers every single dramatic scene telling the audience to FEEL FEEL FEEL like it's fucking soap opera. The whole thing disappeared up into its own asshole after about an hour. I think when he meets the woman in the bar and talks to her, telling her he's "her audience" was when the movie began to lose me.

this is autism

>Toni Erdmann
>Not good

One of the most touching kino i've seen in recent years.

This movie and "Die Welle" are the corekino of German classes in European highschools

Oh, adding to that, I haven't seen it yet to give any judgement in any case. I did hear it was good, but I simply can't take the german movie industry very seriously nowadays. There are a few exceptions, and perhaps Toni Erdmann falls under it, but other than that... that is why "fuck germany anyways" was said as well.

And now you're aware that a Hollywood remake is already on it's way.

I thought the majority of the film was well done, but I agree that the ending was cheesy as fuck. I actually cracked up when she ran into the street.

No, just a normal reaction to garbage faux arthouse. Winning the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar should have tipped me off. They never give that to the movie that actually deserved it.

The old expressionistic era, the new german cinema of the 70's, even the nazi era had great directors beyond Riefenstahl.

Fritz Lang, Murnau, Pabst, von Stenberg, Fassbinder, Schlöndorff, Wim Wenders, Margarethe von Trotta...

You didnt like Lola Rennt? Everybody liked Lola Rennt

but it's starring Jack Nicholson. So it might actually be better.

You didn't understand the movie brainlet. Go watch some marvel movies.

Yes, but why does it matter?
The original will remain the same film, even with a shitty hollywood remake out.

Let Me In also didn't manage to ruin Let The Right One In for me.

We watched Kommissar Rex

>You didn't understand the movie brainlet.
Yeah that tacky freeze frame on Ulrich Muhe's stupid face was way too deep for me. What fucking garbage
>Shall I gift-wrap it?
>No, it's for me
AND WE END IT ON A FREEZE FRAME! EPIC!

nigga

Why can't you accept that a movie that you like has flaws? Why does everything here has to either a flawless absolute masterpiece or utter dogshit?
Atleast give some contra arguments, lay off the buzzwords.

Seen it a long time ago but I do remember the emotional impact of the ending. It's worth watching by all means.

do you even Ralf König?

Germans are emotionless, turboautistic subhumans and can't make anything above trash-tier flicks.
They are capable of less emotions than chinks. All they can do is virtue signalling like with MUH REFUGEES WELCOME, trying to convince the world that they are human and capable of sympathy. That's all a sharade though, they can only build cars like fleshly robots.

>Germans are emotionless, turboautistic Übermensch
fixed that for you

Then why am i suffering from cripping depression?

>Übermensch
lmaoing@ your Muhammad cucked nation, Karl-Heinz
Pic related is an average German

Because you guys are trying to be someone who you're not. Hitler was right, they all shit on him because he lost. We understand ubermensch. Third time is the charm and you know it. I know you all feel it still.