Who was in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iR_c-tsV4V8
youtube.com/watch?v=0sUIxXCCFWw&list=PLywecxpcTSV52UMOO6tDQY2RZDjUPK4iC
youtu.be/IoWZEwedPkc
youtube.com/watch?v=VKyUn6NRKNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

King, I suppose. I'd be pretty upset if another artist adapted my work and made it actually good.

this

the jew

Is THAT scene in the movie?

king was a stupid cokehead who should be thankful to stanley for making his bad book worth 2 shits and famous world wide. king is, and has always been, a bitter bugeyed asshole.

Kubrick really did make that overly long snoozefest palatable

The Kubrick movie flopped and King was already very famous. I have no idea why Sup Forums loves shitposting about The Shining.

King for being a pedo.
He's just angry because Kubrick made heavy allusions of Jack Torrance molesting his son.
And since the character is practically King's self insert, it was like Kubrick outing him.

kubrick making incoherent cocaine and alcohol induced ramblings watchable, let alone good. king is a mentally deranged man with one interesting idea per one thousand. just because the book was interesting and strange, it is not to be confused with good.

Friendly reminder that regardless of how much you love the movie, there is actually a Shining miniseries that's closer to the book and obviously a lot longer than the movie, if you want more Shining related things.

fpbp

>heavy allusions to Torrance molesting his son
Not surprised to see this opinion on Sup Forums with no evidence from either Kubrick or in the film itself.

Yeah and that miniseries blew

I think a decent portion of King's butthurt stemmed from the fact that Jack was an obvious stand-in for King (alcoholic writer with anger problems) and the movie took away all of Jack's sympathetic qualities and his redemption at the end of the novel. Plus the fact that Kubrick rightfully didn't give a fuck about seeking King's creative input.

They both have there merit.

There's also a sequel book to the Shining called Doctor Sleep. Very good.

>with no evidence from the film
a rewatch is in order

It's alluded to.

The Shining was supposed to be horror kino and Kubrick transformed it into an allegory about native american genocide and child abuse.

You tell me OP/fag.

King is a hack and is butthurt Kubrick improved on his material in every way.

>sequel book to the Shining
jesus christ, someone should stop stephen before he embarasses himself any more.
IMO, the book and the film have good parts, I think q-brick used the characters and the set very well to create a dream-like descent into madness that absorbs the whole family while the book is more of a story about a man trying to do right by his family and fulfill his ambitions at the same time and being crushed by the expectations .
I think the Isolation and the repetitive, annoying nature of jack's work comes across way better in the book, but some of the scares (Being chased by hedge sculptures) are gay AF and I'm glad q-brick dropped them.

>The Shining was supposed to be horror kino and Kubrick transformed it into kino about native american genocide and child abuse.
FTFY

Child molestor who wrote a child gangbang in a sewer while high on cocaine.

He's blowing his father in both pictures.

Kubrick was disgusting.

Kubrick took the bare skeleton of king's work and transformed everything around it in to something much greater than the original. The original shining book/story was just a small idea mixed in with dozens of other ideas he had brewing in his head at the time. Kubrick extracted the small amount he liked from the book and discarded the rest.

King was always bitter because the film will be remembered forever while his mediocre book that ends with the hotel exploding will be forgotten in the dust. Its obvious how bitter he is in that interview where he tries to (quite pretentiously) mock kubrick for having trying to have a conversation with him that actually had some intellectual depth to it and see if king shared the ideas kubrick had regarding the book before adapting it.

> (OP)
>an allegory about native american genocide

I never got this, can someone give me a quick rundown?

you need to watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=iR_c-tsV4V8

and then come back if you have any further questions

Kubrick is a superior mind and King is self obsessed.

Kings version of Jack is "Muh ghosts make me evil" where as Kubricks version shows Jack was always abusive, long before he came to the hotel.

King hates the film because it's a massive red pill that King has always been an asshole and has no one but himself to blame.

This

Christ and people from Reddit honestly think they are clever?

what did they mean by this?

>Watching that mentally ill trans freak instead of rob ager for analysis and content regarding the shining

youtube.com/watch?v=0sUIxXCCFWw&list=PLywecxpcTSV52UMOO6tDQY2RZDjUPK4iC

youtu.be/IoWZEwedPkc

Nigga pls.

Tbh tho i havent watched that analysis but im presuming its full of the same humdrum theories
>american genocide
>child abuse
>holocaust
Also as a side note Imo, the shining is about unseen forces in history (be it goverments or banks or something else completely) controlling and correcting the ingorant general populous to it's will. Kubrick explored it a lot in his films so i dont think its far fetched at all. That is the real scare in the film. That is what the hotel represents.
The numerous refrences to the retraction of the gold standard, the moon landing, the american genocide, holocaust, ghosts, everything really supports this general theme.

I've heard of this random phone call between Kubrick and King. Didn't Kubrick hang up in the end

>Watching that mentally ill trans freak instead of rob ager for analysis and content regarding the shining

At least its free, rob ager is a jew and most of his content is behind a paywall

besides he's a qt trap

STEVEY KING IS A PULP SPAMMING HYPERPLEB

THE QUBES WAS A ONCE IN A CENTURY FILMIC GENIUS

Yeah rob jewed out pretty hard ill give you that.

I remember before i came to Sup Forums even, i used to watch his stuff and ALL of it was free and on youtube.

Rob is the undisputed king of kubrick though when it comes to analysis. He has done way more research than anyone else that comes to mind regarding the themes kubrick explored and the ideas kubrick had at the time of filming. Hes been to the archives and pretty much read everything there. A lot of the big shining interpretations came from or were popularized by him before anyone else.

Its just sad to see him have to try and block his content off because he would be so much more popular and have a much larger following if he just made it free to view on youtube.

What's scarier. Some faggot ghost story or being trapped with a mentally ill? Well ghosts aren't real so obviously not that. Lay off the cocaine.

Ager-kino

lol but yea you're right

Mentally ill can be punched in the face.

Ghosts are spooKy, immortal and impossible to understand them or their motives.

KANG

could it be ripped and hosted? asking for rob's lawyer

>youtu.be/IoWZEwedPkc
this was an eerie video with disturbin implications

Haven't seen it. If I ever force myself to watch another shitty tv miniseries it will be because it stars Based Weber.

Only an autistic brainlet finds a crazy guy scarier than the vast ocean that is the supernatural.

Fellas.

which {{{one{{{

yeah it was so much better turning Jack into Gallagher

youtube.com/watch?v=VKyUn6NRKNo

"If he didn't like Kubrik's version, then this series is for you!"

Not much else to say really.

wait whaa?
can someone elaborate pls
all i got was that the "accidental" arm pull that broke the kids arm also extended to him beating him
i didn`t get any molestation hints

i don`t why people rip on this movie so much
the horror ambience of this movie is one of the best out there and still gives me the chills and this is not even a horror movie
i could only imagine what kind of great kinos kubrick could have done with the horror genre

>stephen king is a jew
this meme needs to end.
I mean look at that philtrum. Hes Aryan

fpbp if it was a play by play adaptation it would've been horrible

Just watch those linked videos and go from there.

But I'll warn you now, aside from getting thru that guys paywall, it doesn't look like he really concludes anything that ties all the themes and allegories together.

Jack should have been played by Steve Martin

>that short story about the dog guy
Bloody hell.

Webber is Torrance in the TV series

King is super jealous anytime someone makes a better adaptation of his work.

See, he knows he writes schlock. But he likes when people pretend he's at least an ok writer. That's why he has a fondness for the worst adaptations of his films.

But when someone comes along and does it better than he did, he gets nervous that he'll get exposed as the trashy hack he is.

There are a bunch of references to Native Americans and manifest destiny in the folk, like the Overlook being built on an Indian burial ground, the Calumet tins, "White Man's Burden," and a few other things. None of this was in the book, so it's obvious Kubrick put it in there for some reason.

IMO, most of the theories about The Shining are probably bullshit, but the Native American thing seems to be intentional.

doesn't the book have a part near the beginning where the main lobby room where Jack ends up writing his book is adorned with tons of native american paraphernalia? i'm guessing Kubrick just ran with it.

So that's where Spielberg got the idea for Poltergeist...

>the guy who wrote two OK books
>the guy who never made a bad film and knew the truth about jews
Hmmmm

if you want someone to do your work on screen EXACTLY like the book man up and direct it yourself. Oh wait, King is a shit tier director.

>POW RIGHT IN THE KISSAH

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
E
D

Kubrick turned King's shitty prose into a great film. King can't write for shit.

what were the books

Salem's Lot and The Long Walk were more than ok for me.

>he needs to look it up
>can't tell by the name
>can't tell by the nose
>can't tell by the birthplace

Salman Rushdie.