Disney killed Star Wars

The Force Awakens retroactively ruins the entire Star Wars saga

>The satisfying, conclusive ending to Return of the Jedi is undone completely in a matter of seconds
>Starkiller Base ruins the Death Star (even more than the Death Star II did), because it makes it look puny and unintimidating in comparison. Yet the good guys blow it up with absolutely no difficulty or complications whatsoever, making it one of the cheapest movie devices ever put to screen
>The victory of the Rebels and the defeat of the Empire in Jedi are rendered meaningless, just because the director wanted to stage the familiar story of 'good guy underdogs vs evil empire', despite it not making any narrative or chronological sense
>Nothing is ever, ever explained about the galaxy's political and military situation. In a pathological desperation to avoid anything remotely reminiscent of the prequels, the filmmakers have ended up with a film that completely lacks any sense of context or realism. This is a problem that the Original Trilogy didn't have
>Darth Vader's redemption at the end of Jedi is rendered meaningless because he inspired some murderous edgelord to imitate him down to his very costume
>Luke Skywalker's decision to devote himself to the Jedi and the light side of the Force is meaningless because he runs away and becomes a depressed hermit as soon as things turn sour

Fuck this awful, cynical cash grab of a flick. I regret paying to see it, and I certainly will not be making the same mistake with the rest of the horrible products that Disney is churning out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=muehxvezYmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

George Lucas killed Star Wars. Then, he sold its corpse to Disney.

Whatever you post says beyond the subject line, I haven't the time to read it.

You don't have to convince me OP, we all know this is garbage for brainless liberal betas

it turned into a shitty cashgrab franchise under george's watch, endless toys, comics, books, vidya of which about 4% is actual quality, but all got his stamp of approval.

he cared less than disney.

They also ruined the lore by changing the whole order 66 and implementing
>muh grey Jedi yingyang
Fuck Disney and their shills.

Rogue One has the best battle scene in any Star Wars movie

>2017
>caring about mouseshit design to get tween's money

what are you... twelve?

go hang
underage &ban

I HATE JJ ABRAMS

not to mention a new evil empire forming and creating a new superweapon makes Luke, Han and Leia look really incompetent and irresponsible. especially how luke and han fucked off to do their own thing while the galaxy went to shit again

Grey jedi and Ying yang would've been better. George confirmed that bringing balance to the force is the elimination of the dark side. So literally just classic designated good guy vs designated bad guy.

>Muh gorge ruined star wars!
Sup, fellow redditor.

The real cancer are nu-males in their late 20s to 40s who fall into a spastic fit whenever they are reminded of anything remotely prequel-related. They're the reason the movie is a fan-pandering reddit rehash of A New Hope.

>How about we make every alien in the movie apart from Chewbacca and Admiral Ackbar a new species, but here's the thing: we should make them all look exactly the same

>Grey jedi and Ying yang would've been better. George confirmed that bringing balance to the force is the elimination of the dark side
No, it isn't. It muddies the water and ruins what the lore was all about. Sith disrupted the balance because they'd be ambitious and push the force to it's limits for evil things, while Jedi keep the balance. The yingyang shit is fucking stupid because it assume that the dark side is needed for some "balance", when it's not. It is anti-balance, and always was.

A P O L O G I Z E

Sorry

Also the idea of "gray Jedi" is so fucking gay.
>Oh le cool and edgy Jedi who doesn't follow Jedi and sith rules xDddd
>InB4 muh revan

fuck you revan was one of the most interesting characters in the whole universe

We should have listened. I'm so sorry. Watching one of my favorite franchises turn to solid shit with agenda pushing narratives is like living in hell watching my childhood being ruin for reddit bucks.

The problem is Disney Star Wars was made for normie Millennials, it's been the downfall of the movie industry and this is just the start of how bad it's going to get.
Idiocracy is going to be real.

George is pleased

Depends on which sources you take into account. With the now legacy EU or whatever the fuck they're calling it, I'd agree because yeah it is shown to be a universally corrupting force. But in a movie only interpretation I think the balance theory holds up much better. Passion and discipline both being respective double edged swords for dark and light philosophies. If they'd gone more into depth in the exploration of the jedi's dogmatism and intellectual isolationism vs the sith's ambition and appreciation for the absolute the series could've explored much more complex themes. There is some small amounts of support for that in the EU though (the sith lord force ghost who had the asteroid mining colony) showing that the dark isn't just pure malevolence. I guess what it boils down to for me is dissatisfaction with the portrayal of egoistic philosophy, just because you're amoral doesn't mean you're immoral.

And reminder that in spite of all this RLM said Rogue One was too dark.

phantom menace>force awakens honestly

But user, REAL SETS, PRACTICAL EFFECTS.

I don't know why you're greenposting, maybe you are just posting someone else opinion, which is not a good thing, you need to learn to think with your own head.
In my opinion it doesn't really matter, nothing about star wars matters anymore, I stopped caring after watching The phantom menace and the other two movies, watch the original three movies for what they are and move on.
There really is no hope for anything that is star wars, there isn't one person with an idea behind it, even if it is a shitty idea, it would be better to have a vision than to have a bunch of investors hiring and firing people to make a movie that has no course.

>Wah wah wah
>Defending the prequels

Repeat with me children:its not because the new turd smells awfull that the old crusted shit stops being shit

you're just so wrong
go watch some redlettermedia, maybe you'll learn something

Real sets, practical effects

*upvote*

>George Lucas killed Star Wars
Stopped reading there.

oh my fucking god is this unedited? the cuts are so terrible
what a farce

DUDE PRACTICAL EFFECTS

Oh look, the snowflakes went playing outside their safe space. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Who cares? Unless you're under 12 at the time of release these movies should have little to no impact on your existence and easily seen as the commercial exploitation whose best bits have always been cribbed from better works that they are.

>we will never get kino like RotS ever again

F

youtube.com/watch?v=muehxvezYmI

>refuses to read what OP says because of butthurt
>n-no you're just playing outside your safe space!

THICC

>refuses to read because butt hurt

You're referring to yourself, right?

>the absolute state of this world rn

Everyone talked all this shit about Lucas's prequels. But, they were a million times better than TFA. How could you, George Lucas? How could you let Disney do that to Star Wars? I wish we could just disregard that donkey of a film "The Force Awakens", and let Lucas start from scratch! I'm happy that I got to be a kid with the original trilogy, disney can never take those memories from me.

>It ruins something because time moves forward and things changed

Pinnacle of nostalgia induced idiocy. Do you cry every episode of television because events happened after the previous one you just watched?

pls kys

How dare you talk down to cinematic mouscuck spaceshit cashgrab. MUH GEORGE ALREADY RUINED IT WITH PREQUELS RLM TOLD ME SO.

>that episode of top gear with ewan mcgregor
>can't even bring himself to shill the movies he's in they're that bad
>shits on george's directing
>I..I liked the third one, the third one was good...

lol

Nice opinion, RLM.

The fact is that Lucas was a god and the prequels were fantastic.

>the prequels were fantastic
Never breed.

>people defending George

Have you not seen his non-Star Wars work like Willow and Howard the Duck? The man is obsessed with dwarfs and midgets and has no idea about tone of a movie, going from comedy to horror to crude sexuality in matter of minutes. The reason why OT Star Wars is so good is because they didn't let George fuck it up and he started to slip their reins in RotJ already.

>It's George's fault!
>It's the fans' fault!
>Disney saved Star Wars!

I see the old viral marketing script is still in circulation. For your next trick, why don't you tell us all how JJ Abrahms acknowledges the criticisms of Episode VII and promises IX will be different. For real this time.

>sci-fi genre

The one aspect of TFA that I was surprised I liked was Kylo Ren and his story. Having the villain be this edgy vader wannabe is clever and I thought it was the one thing that seemed somewhat original. Visually the movie is beautiful and blends practical effects and CGI pretty well. I was also pleasantly surprised that Harrison Ford didn't seem completely bored the whole film. The problem is TFA is just so goddamn forgettable plot-wise and relies on ripping off A New Hope because Disney refuses to take any risks on their new "cinematic universe" cash cow. This is the case for nearly every story beat to the point that nothing feels exciting or new and instead just feels like a fan film with a boring Mary Sue lead and lame retread of a plot. Not a terribly made movie and not a bad watch overall I guess but it kind of sucks that we are in an age where Star Wars is going to be this yearly, mediocre "product" that churns out forgettable films like this, Rogue One, and probably the Han Solo film soon too.

while you're completely right about the movies being their best when he had the least control, ron howard directed willow and FUCK YOU IT'S GREAT!

Lucas wrote it. And no, it oscillates between serious and dumb.

>n-no you!
Nice reply.

>Movie begins with Leia, a respected but aging senator desperately trying to convince the Republic that the First Order is serious business
>The Senate while not as corrupt and ineffective seem pretty settled and decadent, and they dismiss the First Order as a joke
>They then reveal that they created a new super weapons to guarantee the safety of the Republic

The Superweapon cant be the death star, but it could be a gigantic capital ship that makes the super star destroyer look tiny, or a series of star forts, whatever.

>Leia resigns because such an idea goes against her morals and upbringing
>During this time the first order are introduced and we see through Finn's eyes the capture of the super weapon
>Finn at first excited is horrified at the wanton slaughter during his first outing
>The Super Weapon is activated and begins wiping the New Republic fleet and senate
>Leia now has to call on old and new contacts to form The Resistance but quickly finds herself out of her depth. She gets Poe Dameron to go on a private mission to find Luke

The rest of the movie can basically happen with just slight edits to the super weapon itself.

What this does I think helps

1) Not diminish the Death Stars, make the Super Weapon its own thing
2) Leia actually has a reason to resist, instead of her TFA private death squad
3) Shows the First Order as competent threat, occupying the role of the Rebellion in the original trilogy
4) Finn doesnt just flip out on his first mission
5) Shows the complacent and spoiled New Republic and explains exactly how shit was allowed to degenerate
6) And finally it gives a compelling reason to look for Luke Skywalker to help at this time of great struggle

Wrong.
George Lucas killed Star Wars when he sold it

>The reason why OT Star Wars is so good is because they didn't let George fuck it up and he started to slip their reins in RotJ already.
>people actually believe this

>using elementary school insults

You need to read the rules. No under 18s allowed, little Timmy.

A sacrifice to the movement, comrade.

>Nice reply.
>insult
I don't remember insulting you.
Maybe tumblr would be more you speed, user.

Then why did you reply?

Just see it as something like Disney's direct to video sequels to their great animation features like Arielle 2, or Beauty and the Beast 2 or Jungle Book 2. They are all continuations that add unnecessary shit that somehow ruins the original narrative clossure, yet nobody sees them as mandatory additions to the actual story.

>the best reviewed movies by fans and critics are the first two of the OT
>george had less control in these projects than the movies that followed

it's not some complex equation, and you shouldn't post selfies on an anonymous board.

It's in space! That means there's science of any kind!

It is literally so

>yfw the prequels are an allegory for how young men fail to become competent adults nowadays, while being stuck in the middle of a war outside of their control

Not bad.

>OOGA BOOGA BIX NOOD
>IM ACTING

star wars is for little kids/neckbeards why do you care about it ?

The moment the Republic started to call itself "The Resistance" again I realized this was a piece of shit copypaste job with no sense of logic applied whatsoever.

Why are those planets so close together?

Except that isn't the chase, he had plenty of input.
Maybe you should do a little research other than a two second glance on Google search. The other directors were a bunch of nobodies and have never made anything else good.

for the sake of that shot.

star wars has never cared about actual space physics, why would it start now.

That looked real horrible.

>these are he same faggots that bashed the prequels

Was anyone really taken in by the ''le practical effects'' line they kept repeating? The film was just as much of a CGI fest as any other modern blockbuster, except for the obvious set-pieces written in for marketing purposes

I feel like I should point out that the most unique one (bottom row, 2nd on the left) is basically just a Frog-dog from Return of the Jedi

SMASHED and SLAMMED

All points are correct.

>Was anyone really taken in by the ''le practical effects'' line they kept repeating?
I saw it shilled everywhere. I admit I was excited by it too. Then I saw the movie and the puppets just about all looked like shit.

This is fucking awful
George would never allow something like this

Can someone shoop a load of jizz being shot into their mouths?

>there will be a day when John Williams scores his last film

WIDE

>Dull earth-tone aliens with wide-set squinty eyes and droopy mouth faces

So, this is the power of Bad Robot's creature design team...

This was the most unlike-star wars sequence to ever make it into a Star Wars movie. I remember feeling bad with myself paying to watch this shit. It looked like generic Disney action scene #273. It was such a contrast to the scenes between Luke, Han and Obi Wan in the Falcon in ANH. At a time in the movie where the pace needed to slow down and the characters needed some breathing space, Abrams ramped up the shouting and running with a CGI tentacle monster ball. I think this scene more than any other exposes JJ as the hack he is. He doesn't dare slow down movies for the fear that people might realise just how hollow they are. I'm not even that invested in Star Wars, but this shit felt insulting.

Most of them just look like yarkora or bothans

The thing is instead of this sequence, we were supposed to see the Falcon crash on Felucia where we would've seen the rathtars in their natural habitat, and then we would've seen Rey and Finn find Han and Chewie there while they were hunting or something. At least that would've been better than Han and Chewie somehow finding the Falcon in the middle of nowhere in space by random, and we would've gotten to see some nice scenery too. But nope, JJ wanted THIS instead because he wanted to make it more like ANH.

Jesus christ
What the fuck were they thinking?

also
>MaRey Suuuuuuue for a protagonist

>it turned into a shitty cashgrab franchise under george's watch
You've got to understand that George is the luckiest man in show business after ringo starr.
In order to get his demands and money from the studio he gave them all his back end points for the first movie in exchange for exclusive control over the licensing rights for the franchise.
George has made most of his money from star wars from licensing the name for action figures, books, video games, cartoons, t shirts, and the rest of it.
Don't get me wrong I grew up with the OT and for a long time I thought it was the greatest thing ever, but even then it's never been a franchise dripping with artistic merit.

What's wrong with her FAAAAAAAAAACE?

SMASHED

JJ Abrams hired to female kike editors who know nothing or care about SW. These cunts only worked for JJ Abrams, I wonder why... Disney didn't want them but he insisted to have them. That's the state of SW, greedy kikes and nepotism. The editing was very bad and some parts of the movie look like they've been edited by a butcher.

That bird angered me to no end. Animatronic can do SO much, and look SO good, but they put that shit on screen like it's good enough.

Your ego drove you to crash your legacy with no survivors, shit all over the hard work of others, and then sell your life's work to fucking disney out of spite.
I can't be sorry for choices you made that were out of my purview, I can laugh at your remorse though.

>implying they can't both be awful garbage for different reasons
There's no conservation of suck in the universe user. It's not a zero sum game.

I think they are ruining Star Wars on purpose to trigger white males.

Can't believe Kathleen had depleted her options so hard she had to return to this jew hack. Is Rian Johnson's Ep VIII really that bad?