Can we all agree this is Kubrick's best film?

Can we all agree this is Kubrick's best film?

2001 is fucking boring nigga.

>2001 was boring

I can tell you're underage.

Any of the following 3:
The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, Barry Lyndon

for me it's the shining

No, it just is boring.

I'm fine with slower paced movies. A good example would be the first Star Trek movie, it's not perfect but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged, so I don't care about it's slow pace.

2001 is a slow paced movie with nothing engaging or captivating. I can appreciate it from a technical and artistic point of view, but it doesn't change the fact that the movie itself is boring as fuck.

only first half was good.

1. Eyes Wide Shut

Strangelove or EWS is his best.

Know what's boring? The second half of Full Metal Jacket.

I can tell you're pretentious.

2001 would've been far better if it was 90 minutes.

>inb4 hurr ur just ADD xP

LotR is far longer and I enjoyed it immensely.

Does Kubrick have the most consistent track record of any director? All of his movies are pretty damn good.

>I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill

t. brainlet

>Hmm...I can't think of a decent argument to defend a boring slog of a film
>Maybe I'll write, "t.brainlet", that'll get him!

hmm maybe 2001 should have been half of cgi fights and explosions then

unironically kill yourself you fat fucking piece of shit

and it worked, fucking brainlet

>All of his movies are pretty damn good.

I'd agree with you if A.I. didn't exist.

>inb4 spielberg

It's documented that some of the worst parts of the film were directed/written by Kubrick.

At least then it wouldn't be a huge snore fest you pimply ass nerd.

>I still haven't progressed enough mentally to be able to have a civil discussion with other people my age online
>haha brainlet git rekt

;)

>brainlet thinks anyone wants to discuss anything with him

I'm aware of that but he still didn't direct it so I can't really consider it one of his movies.

Then just stop replying dude, you're making yourself look childish.
Wasn't it a joint effort by Spielberg and Kubrick or something like that? I don't know a lot about it other than Kubrick died half-way through production.

>you will never drink milkies with your droogs

Only the first half of the movie is good. Once they get to Vietnam, the movie is a 6/10 at best.

Strangelove easily the best, then 2001. The full EWS we will never see.

According to Wikipedia Kubrick bought the rights to the short story it was based on in the 70s, hired some writers who worked on it for years then handed it off to Spielberg in 95 after coming to the conclusion that CGI hadn't come far enough.

t. brainlet who can't handle slow pacing in his films

1. Clockwork Orange
2. Eyes Wide Shut
3. 2001
4. The Shining
5. Barry Lyndon

Faggots

for me it's the shining, the best horror movie

freaking masterpiece, idk what's so good about Shining

>No Dr.Strangelove or Paths of Glory
Is this supposed to be ironic?

Paths of Glory

Plebs

can we all agree that
FMJ >>>>>>>>>>> platoon

Eyes Wide Shut and A Clockwork Orange are his best.
Has any director had a run as good as Dr Strangelove - Eyes Wide Shut though?

>not being engaged with an epic about the evolution of man
how

Spartacus is not good IMO, but I think we can blame Kirk Douglas for that

Kubrick died like 4 days after Eyes Wide Shut was done. So AI didn't have Kubrick hands on at any point

Why do you not consider it good? It's not just because that's how Kubrick felt, is it?

Only the boot camp scene was good

its crap

Nah, I actually didn't know Kubrick didn't like it either lol. I just found it tacky, like, Spartacus is an all-american hero with a military haircut, he has those corny love scenes with the girl (I can't remember the name of) because it needs to have romance too, and Spartacus is generally Jesus and everybody loves him. It just felt like a classical action movie with not much there to it.
The battle scene was amazing though, I will give it that.

I can understand why some people would call 2001 boring but I almost teared up at the radio fixing scene where David pops out of the space pod all in red and the sound is just him breathing through his space suit it was fucking beautiful. There's so many beautiful scenes in that movie and the sounds of Hal dying are so morbid really messed me up mentally for a couple days thinking about it. Personally I didn't watch a movie i thought was boring until I saw eraserhead now that was a boring fucking movie but I still wouldn't call it bad. I wouldn't put full metal jacket into my top 3 favorite Kubrick movies but it's still a fantastic movie I think it's really misunderstood by a lot of critics because sometimes it's a hard to pinpoint its exact message and it's a little all over the place in its direction compared to other Kubrick films.

Is there an edit of this movie where in the second half the song "napalm sticks to kids" plays?
I think Kubrick really missed a golden opportunity there of improving his film

Your pretty crap desu

>mfw it isn't even his best war movie

Full metal jacket isn't particularly good. Both deer hunter and apocalypse now is far better. 2001 and a clockwork orange is Kubrick's best films.

Man this film is so fucking good.

did he died bc he revealed the masons/illuminati in EWS?

reminder ews is NOT a stanley kubrick picture because his death denied him the final cut privilege.

Obviously not - they would have stopped him from releasing it.

Explain. It was released uncensored in Europe.

No he did die after he finished the final edit he just had nothing to do with the marketing of the film and he might've possibly edited it after release like he was famous for doing so with his other movies

did you really expects space travel to be exciting?

>edited it after release like he was famous for doing so with his other movies
Why do people always say he never changed things for anyone. That it was always his vision, and his vision alone.
I've read that he would regularly change things based on audience feedback.

I liked The Thin Red Line better

they're about equal to each other

nothing will dethrone Apocalypse Now as the king of Vietnam films

Top 3 are EWS, 2001, and Barry Lyndon in any order. There are very few other options that aren't extremely pleb

FMJ's message is pretty clear: it's about the dehumanization process involved in war.

Joker is the only Marine from the boot camp that didn't really change all that much going into Vietnam. Finally, in the climax of the movie, he's forced to kill someone face-to-face. He sees something horrifying that wasn't just disconnected from him like in the previous scene where he looms over the pit full of bodies: he pulled the trigger and kills someone, forcing him into the process he resisted up until that point.

It's a pretty clear message and to be honest it's not even that deep or complex. I still don't understand why people think this is an anti-war or pro-peace type of film, it doesn't even really cover that type of subject in depth.

>anti-war or pro-peace type of film, it doesn't even really cover that type of subject in depth.
It may not cover it in depth, but showing someone become dehumanised so that they can actually 'step up' to do what's necessary for war is rather anti-war.

This user is correct

>Prefers Diet 2001 to the original

The whole news sequence was the best part of the movie imo.

I would agree with you if the film elaborated on why a political military institution would benefit from turning men into killers through discipline and negative reinforcement, but it doesn't, other than the contrast between the born killers (Animal Mother) and made-killers (Cowboy, Joker) which imo would've made the movie far better if they actually expanded on that topic.

Simply put, war is bad. Everybody knows this. This isn't a revelation. Which is why, I assume at least, the film doesn't really get into it too deep.

1. Paths of Glory
2. Dr. Strangelove
3. The Shining
4. 2001
5. Full Metal Jacket
6. The Killing
7. Spartacus
That's my ranking of the Kubrick films I've seen (apart from Flying Padre)

>when his birth year starts with 2