Watched 3 hours of the making of Attack of the Clones and it made me start to appreciate the film...

Watched 3 hours of the making of Attack of the Clones and it made me start to appreciate the film. Maybe the best prequel
youtu.be/Uok--LAB614

It was definitely the best out of the three.

But that isn't saying much.

>you have to watch the making of to like a film and know its good

It used to be my favorite. These days I prefer TPM, it's a lot more fun and original at a much better pace. Doesn't really deserve the hate it gets, imo.

I've never liked RotS and have no idea what people see in it. Edge, maybe.

How autistic must you be in order to watch this?

>Edge, maybe.
No, I liked it because it was an improvement. I couldn't care less if they cut out all the killing.

>haha my opinions are dictated by youtube videos x d

When it wasn't being edgy and when hayden wasn't saying cringy shit it was being boring as fuck. I'll take pod races, planet core runs, embargo runs, palace raids, ground battles, space battles, and the best lightsaber battle in the prequels over that any day.

You sound like you have ADHD.

I like Clones but name ONE way it's better than Phantom Menace.

I don't like TFA or Rouge One, but do those movies have BTS features like the OT and PT do? It seems like they stopped making them for moden movies which is a shame because I love that stuff.

Nice try but BtBR is one of my favorite movies, your ad hom won't work in this case.

I found the making of more fascinating than the prequels themselves.
Really wish there was a biopic about Lucas and the making of Star Wars.

>Maybe the best prequel

Phantom Menace feels like a disney movie every time kid anakin is in a scene

Dude ABAB shots lmao

"Maybe the best prequel."
Could it be autism?

Ironic, don't you think?

I've always preferred it. Not too childish, and not too dark. Plus Jango Fett vs Obiwan is tops.

It actually is probably the best prequel. I understand why people prefer TPM, it has some decent things about it, but I find it unbearable. Far worse than Jar Jar is kid Anakin. TPM is probably the funniest to watch simply because of how bad it is at times. Meanwhile AoTC gets all the hate. But in fact, despite being the longest of the 6, it doesn't drag like 3 or 6.It plays around with detective Kenobi, and furthers the political turmoil, which is indeed interesting. The ending with Dooku is very underwhelming and rushed, but that's its biggest pitfall. Sound Design is god tier and the Kamino stuff and with the mysterious clones is very well done.
>But muh clones vs droids, I don't feel anything
That misses the point. Its yet another political maneuver and sets up the real emotion later with order 66. For the things RoTS gets wrong (pacing, egregious tonal shifts) it has the highest emotional points of the trilogy. So I guess all this goes to say I think the prequels are legitimately underrated now. Yes Lucas went overboard, especially with his retroactive edits, but its clear he had a very detailed and fleshed out vision, and honestly its succeeds often. Even when it doesnt its still admirable. People treat Star Wars like its some amazing thing, and the prequels are just awful, a totally atrocious perversion of the saga. But its always been just a fun space story with some nice imagination and special effects and politics thrown in. Even when the prequels fail, they're still fun, and they try to do a lot more than movies that get a pass because they're held to a lower standard (i.e. capeshit)

HAHAHA are you serious? Liking BtBR doesn't mean shit. Its a movie with a cool aesthetic and unconvincing narrative tied to it. But just because it focusses on style and not churning out plot points doesn't mean its some impressively slow movie.

And don't get me wrong, I respect it and will gladly watch Cosmatos' next film, but don't think you're such hot shit for liking it

Why are you arguing with this man over two shitty movies?

I just ate Taco Bell and it made me appreciate ass burning diarrhea. Maybe the best bm

AOTC is easily the worst prequel and quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I don't know if people are trolling or if it's possible to hold terrible opinions and somehow think its the best

Haha Mike you're so funny, PREQUELS LMAO am I right!
But TPM is indeed the """best""" of the prequels.

See I don't see how it could be the worst movie you've ever seen unless you're holding Star Wars to some ridiculously high standard. It is creative, funny, mysterious; I won't argue if you say the script is weak (though it personally doesn't bother me) or the fight with Dooku is dumb or the love plot is uninteresting. But films have those three problems all the time, without some of the plusses AoTC had (especially sound and costume and set design, cgi aside (which there was less of than you think)). Looking at it not as a SW or scifi movie and just as a film, it is FAR from the worst movie ever made

Really because I watched attack of the clones the otherday and I always liked it but found it was honestly a shitfest with some good parts.

>Maybe the best prequel

The criticisms in the RLM review still hold up.