youtube.com/watch?v=u_kDd7bvCek
youtube.com/watch?v=5O5MRaJSnX8
youtube.com/watch?v=iW0RRegO6r0
youtube.com/watch?v=5C6GZQ7UNaU
youtube.com/watch?v=JvdT4wFh0tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GU7tBHvcG1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

T1 has always been my favorite

I don't take many Arnie films seriously, I do kinda like Terminator and Predator, but films like Commando where garbage.

>films like Commando where garbage
fuck you

T1 is honestly better than T2

because T2 did a fantastic job of blowing it out of the water. both are great, but the action and effects in the sequel really overshadowed its predecessor and sort of erased it from memory

Terminator 2 is what James Cameron wanted T1 to be.

By preferring T1 you are preferring a rough draft to a final script.

fuck off.

>Why is T1 so underrated?

In what universe?

I agree with you OP but that's not even the best track
youtube.com/watch?v=XnuSpbmMtG0

WRONG youtube.com/watch?v=u_kDd7bvCek

I think he means why is T2 generally regarded as better

damn I forgot all about the future kino

Why wasn't this ever made

Fuck Avatar 2 Cameron should give us this

>By preferring T1 you are preferring a rough draft to a final script.
The rough around the edges aspect has a lot of charm though, seeing Arnold as the violent villain, etc.. It really nails that dark and gritty 80's vibe like Escape from NY. T2 is a perfect film and it's so perfect it loses some flavor in the process, it's more family-friendly and the lighting becomes too bright, so there's less atmosphere.

The scene where the Terminator comes out of the wrecked truck with his true form revealed gave me maximum chills. I don't know if any movie I've seen has ever beaten the mind blowingness of that one moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=5O5MRaJSnX8

My jam

>Terminator
>Underrated

>what id the skeleton inside of you was also a murderous robot
Jesus christ, this should have been rated NC-17.

i'm kind of sick of endlessly being reminded how great terminator 1 and 2 were.

yes, i have seen them both and enjoyed the greatly - for the past 20 fucking years. give it a rest. there isn't anything to talk about anymore.

nobody older than 13 thinks this

patrician taste my man

I mean it's pretty obvious. It's a movie with a broader appeal that fucking EVERYONE saw and loved.
The original scared the fucking shit out of babby me, and the older I get the more and more I like it.
Also that synth score is 11/10.

>where

T1 is definitely underrated because everyone wants to talk about the sequel. The sequel, while also terrific, definitely has its own style. T1 is 80s scifi-horror kino. And I just like the aesthetic of the film more.

Oh my God you're such a pleb

That's why Terminator Salvation bums me out so badly. I fucking LOVED the future scenes from the first movie, and as a kid, all I ever wanted was to see a Terminator movie set after Judgment Day.

...and then when we finally get it, it's the most bland and nonsensical garbage I've ever seen.

You're not supposed to take Commando seriously, that's the entire point.

I don't get why Terminator is a franchise. I love T1 and to a lesser extent T2, but there was barely enough story for 2 movies, they had to revisit a lot of the same stuff. But for some reason there's like 6 movies soon and a tv-show. Probably some shitty comic books too.

>bar named Tech Noir to represent the machine threat
>"you've got me burning" to represent the coming nuclear holocaust
>chain link fence at the entrace of the bar to represent how they're all trapped and can't fight what's going to come

K I N O
I
N
O

The tech noir scene is one of my favorite moments in movies. The police station shootout is also up there. Definitely one of those instances where having a low budget forced the production to innovate and come up with ways to make a great movie without simply relying on big budget effects.

Those movies shouldn't be directly compared, they're too different. Both are action movies, but T1 aims at being actually scary

t2 was babby's first action movie that you could watch with dad. the only reason it's rated higher than t1 is because of nostalgia. that's it

If T1 and T2 can't even be compared then no movie can be compared. Shut the fuck up

I saw T2 for the first time a month ago and it's still better.

The police station shootout is GOAT. One of the most iconic scenes in movie history

youtube.com/watch?v=iW0RRegO6r0

He's right though. While they may be in the same series and obviously share a lot in common, they're going for two totally different things, so comparing them is apples to oranges. It's like trying to debate Alien vs Aliens.

When both movies in a series are extremely good, but going for two totally different styles, you can't compare them. It just comes down to personal taste about which style you personally like more.

>Why is T1 so underrated?
Whatever do you mean, my nigga?

If you're not brainlet it's pretty easy to compare Alien and Aliens, or even apples and oranges for that matter.

Both are top-tier, but my only (small) gripe with T2 is how the T1000 simply isn't as menacing or imposing a villain as Arnold was in the original. That and the fact that he basically disappears from the movie for half of the movie in the middle. Terminator 2 is the better pure action movie. Terminator 1 is the better movie from an aesthetic scifi-horror sense.

Using the meme word of the month doesn't help at winning arguments

He is working on a new terminator though.

best waifu
youtube.com/watch?v=5C6GZQ7UNaU

>there's a storm coming
>I know

what did she mean by this?

go away, underage

I think it's because Arnold shows more personality in 2 and is the good guy. In 1 he's just a robot that says a few memorable lines

>tfw I´ll live to see my grandchildren lives be ruined bc automatization and an AI controlled government
Im so sorry we didnt listen to you Sarah

T2 has some amazing stunts and effects, otherwise the first is far superior imo. T1 is harder, grungier and even has a non-shitty doomed romance at the centre of it. Sarah Conner's journey from ordinary young woman to cyborg crushing last girl was far more believable to me than how she was portrayed in the second.

Bonus points for Henrikson, Biehn and Paxton being present as well

T2 ruined the franchise and turned a classic sci-fi body horror film into a Capeshit tier kid's flick.

Talk to le hand

YOU'VE GOT ME BURNING
YOU'VE GOT ME BURNING

There's horrific murders and burned up bodies in the apocalypse. It's not exactly some disney movie.

INTIMACY INTIMACY
YA YA YA YA

no it didn't.

>You will never watch this masterpiece for the first time ever again

T2 is literally the perfect action movie. How could you possible hate it

Editing at 2:32 really gets me:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvdT4wFh0tQ

Commando was a documentary. Filmed in real time.

Not entirely correct. T1 originally featured a subplot you can find in the deleted scenes focusing on Sarah having the idea to blow up the Cyberdyne headquarters and hopefully prevent Judgment Day from ever occurring. This is the actual reason Kyle is showing her how to manufacture pipe bombs for the film's third act. The Cyberdyne office bombing and the T1000 were both meant to be in T1, but JC cut them because the former would have made the film run too long and they didn't have the budget to do justice to blowing up an office building, and the latter because the special effects technology for a convincing shapeshifting mercury man just wasn't there yet, and certainly not on a $6.4 million budget.

What T1 does definitely have over T2 is a delay in filming gave JC something like 18 months to revise and tighten the script, draw incredibly elaborate storyboards - including the then-unprecedented practice of full-colour painted scenes that set the entire colour palette and visual tone of the movie before film was even loaded into a camera, create meticulous concept art and industrial design for every mechanical aspect of the production, and even plan out every single special effect shot on paper in exacting detail.

It really shows in the end product, for such a cheap film T1 is every bit as mercilessly efficient, highly-polished and mechanically-precise as its antagonist. Being done on a regular Hollywood turnaround for all its bravura and ground-breaking effects work, T2 just isn't as tightly-arranged.

It still sucks that a film version mix of this piece doesn't exist. You can barely hear the awesome arpeggio's near the end on the OST

Forgot to add - as much as I like T2, it's effectively just T1's reheated leftovers. Also by choosing to follow up on the events of T1 JC actually fucked over the timeline of his own series pretty much irreparably. The more you try to work out the internal logic of time travel in T1+T2, the more you realise that T1 is one of the few time travel movies that makes sense and has a consistent internal logic, until T2 comes along and punches a giant hole through it all.

T1 is for me the better movie. It's a tighter, more focused film. The aesthetic and atmosphere are better. The soundtrack is better. The T800 is genuinely scary as a villain, far more so than the T1000 for some reason. Other people have already commented in this thread on just how smart some of the production design decisions (i.e. Tech Noir as a visual/aural metaphor for mankind's seemingly-inevitable destruction, Terminator rising from the truck wreckage, etc), so I guess there's nothing else I can say on the matter.

>tfw prefer T1 OST to the T2 Remix

this. it's just a fun lil' dirty R rated summer flick you watch with your bros

DE OOZEE NEIN MILLIMEATER

youtube.com/watch?v=GU7tBHvcG1s

>You know your weapons buddy.

Was the Uzi an obscure weapon back then?

They must have programmed him to know all types of weaponry. but he doesn't know plasma weapons didnt exist in 1984?

It is a funny gag but still.

T2 is top-tier normiecore like a typical James Cameron blockbuster. Consummate craftsmanship, lots of memorable moments, a feel good story arc, nothing that you have to think too hard about. T1 is different, the restrictions placed on its creation focused the whole enterprise as often happens in art, it's a darker, more evocative and psychologically impactful movie. I should really watch it again

Quality posts bud. Pretty rare for Sup Forums, well done.