Why the fuck did this movie get slammed in the reviews...

Why the fuck did this movie get slammed in the reviews? I was scared to watch it because it had the potential to be another absolute trash Hollywood remake, but just finished it and it was pretty damn good. Was it just a bunch of virgin weebs review bombing it because the lead girl was white or because it's not some shot for shot recreation of the anime? fucking retarded cunts

You're a bit too late to shill this.

I never watched it because of bad reviews also.

I rate as one of my favorites for this year. My only complaint is the spider-bot sucks.

>muh deathnote wasn't 14 hours long and in japanese

>boring and generic as fuck
>shits all over the original movies and anime as well as their characters
>only redeeming trait is a couple nice shots

yeah, the spider bot was the one major eye-rolling retarded bit, but everything else was solid imo

The story in GiTS sucks. The only reason anyone likes it is because it looks badass.

It literally IS a shot for shot recreation of the anime, except done far more poorly and without any substance.

>bad robocop ripoff plot instead of anything resembling gits.
>they tell you who the real bad guy is in the prologue. which is bad if you're a police movie. even worse if cyber punk
>scarjo's "acting" to wooden and dull to play someone who is being programmed to be a emotionless robot.
> where is the cyberpunk themes exploring human nature and rebelling against the system?

it's better than Watchmen

watchmen was fine.

And I can run faster than a paraplegic, I'm still a shitty runner

I thought the story was dull and the characters were two dimensional as fuck, and the themes are really shallow compared to the original. That being said, the movie is still competently directed, and has some really cool special effects and action scenes. Worth watching for sci fi eye candy alone, I'd say. Like Tron Legacy.

Critics = trash.

The anime is way way worse.

>t. contrarian autismo
gits 2017 is a fucking FLICK. whereas the original gits is universally acclaimed. guess the story was too deep for you, huh?

Tron Legacy had a much better story and villain.

It's current year. you can't sell a movie on cinematography and cgi alone anymore. since everyone get weta or someone in china to do competent animation.

They're plebs

>you can't sell a movie on cinematography and cgi alone anymore
Blade Runner 2049's already made a gorillion from ticket preorders though.

Its shallow trash and you have shit, juvenile taste.

ain't CINEMA = Blade Runner or Matrix?