Star vs Season two... sucks?

Is it just me or did this cartoon lose it's whole appeal in the second season? Some episodes where really wierd and obscure. I thought the final was OK and I'm going to continue watching but I don't like how out of hand and sloppy it's gotten. Like they're trying to make it feelsy while keeping the original cartoony feeling it had at first, and it's just not blending. Anyone else feel just slightly uncomfortable with Star right now?

this is the best ship

No, I like season 2 more than season 1.

Fuck off

1st for harem endgame

Janna doesn't get to be included

Would you stick dick in crazy?

I think there've been a few swings and misses in season 2, but I'm enjoying it more.
Seeing birdbrain get his shit together is way more entertaining than him getting BTFO every episode and then Toffee twirling his mustache.

You're not funny. At all

If it wasn't for the mid season finale and Ludo in the Wild, this season would have been shit

I would

The humors actually funnier now in this season. I just dont like how jackies winning marcos heart, but thats because i think shes an annoying bitch with an ugly design.

Star doesn't like to share

I want to be her mud sister

What a way to start off the new thread.

I think it's noticeably different now and I think that will naturally turn some viewers off who liked the first season, while also attracting some who may not have liked it before. But as objectively as I can view this sort of thing as a fan of the show I don't think it's bad, either now or last season.

It's definitely focusing on more slice-of-life/mundane stuff and fewer crazy situations. Part of that is because there's more of a marked divide between Star and "the forces of evil" right now, and also because the use of less magic now is a plot point. If that was the main appeal for someone, the monster fights or magic use getting out of control, then that is effectively gone for the time being.

But I think the characterization right now is great, the secondary characters are being used extremely well (especially compared to the first season), the plot is more prominent now and is balanced better with the lighter episodes (not crammed in like 2/3s of the way through the season), the continuity which has always been there is more obvious now, and on the whole the commitment to not falling back into status quo post-Storm the Castle is impressive.

All that said I sort of miss the action scenes like hell, but I think the above strengths balance it out and I can see why they've been severely lessened-- don't want to make your heroes seem too invincible or "normalize" the actual threats. At the moment I think I might still like the first season slightly more, mainly because it's finished and so I know and can assess it better. But I think 2 has had many strong episodes and good qualities, and while it's different I like that it went there and am interested in seeing where it goes.

I did feel similar to you around episodes 4-6ish of this season, for that's worth, but I think it's pulled itself back since then and has been pretty good on the whole.

>janna_roba_la_virginidad_de_marco.png

I'd let crazy stick me

Angel Marco and Corrupted star when?

>Angel
>Demon
Wow, thanks for labeling, artist. Don't think I would have been able to figure it out without your help.

Which character in this show do you think has the healthiest relationship with their parents?

Well I just finished season 2, season 3 is already confirmed right?

star butterflys tiny lil wings

season 2 isn't even finished, it was a mid-season finale

Janna's annoying and has a huge, ugly chin.

Hips

Theyre falling for the same trap Adventure Time did which is trying to please too many different people to the extent focus is lost.

Hips and thighs. One without the other is a sad sight to behold.

Yeah, she banished Charlie when he started stealing Marco's attention away from her.

Marco, I guess

don't

>Marco is one page away from jamming it in

He'll be executed in Mewni for laying his hands on a princess but it'll be worth it

Thank you based Area

lie

Probably Janna from what little we've seen. Her mom seemed fine with dropping her off at a graveyard at night to do her dead clown séance for an unspecified amount of time.

Star has obvious mother issues and her father seems to flip between taking Moon's size and being a spaz; Marco's parents are fine but he seems to not be a fan of how carefree they can be at times.

I hope Area drops it now and starts making a Jarco comic

It's their own fault for leaving their horny teenage princess in the house of a horny teenage mexican.

>I thought the final was OK

there was a finale? I thought this stuff was still on haitus

It was the mid-season finale

what ep was it? Was it the one where she lost glossarick?

no, it was the one where she laid all those eggs

>You have to lay all the eggs.
>Why are you doing this?

Yeah

Why is all magic run by something in a treadmill

Didn't even realize that until this post.

DEEPEST

LORE

because it's funny

are you kidding, season one was meh, like passable but I wouldn't suggest a friend watch it, it had like two maybe three really good episodes, out of like twenty something

season two is a dozen times better, they basically just got rid of all, well most, of the stupid crap that held season one back

like joke villains, joke villains like season one Ludo are probably the worst thing ever, there is no joke villain anymore Ludo is fucking dangerous, massive improvement

Because exercise is magical

I guess Daron was fat as a child

This tbqh famalamberto. The number Toffee made on him and his own ascent into competence was very satisfying to see and continues to be so. Chapter where he challenges the rats to test his wand is GOAT.

Are theories and discussion about the plot allowed ITT?

Yeah, definitely.

We all need a break from "lol cuck" every now and then

Sure

Where do you guys find the comics? I could only find until the one with Moon's and River's past.

So Ludo is the last descendant of the monster line coming down from eclipsa right?

Or is that Toffee?

Neither of them look very much like Eclipsa's monster husbando.

'K then, was talking about this one I thought after reading some stuff, told it to my kid female nephew, who got me to indirectly watch Star in the first place: Thing is, considering those really quick flashes we get when Star catches Toffee's finger inside her wand, showing Eclipsa and Toffee himself, adding to the fact that Toffee is known as the immortal monster and that Eclipsa, being the oldest known queen to Mewni (if not the first, although, but mentioned in the series) who went out with a huge ass demon, I'd say Toffee is Eclipsa's and her demon lover's son, which could or would explain the complexity of his revenge against the whole Butterfly family and the Mewni royalty itself.

I mean Star doesn't look much like eclipsa either

wasn't she like 6 generations back or something, besides I really don't think i can speak on monster genetics they look incredibly diverse but seem to be treated as if they are one species so I really just don't know

Lol, just the theory I posted. Toffee seems more like it since he has remarkable humanoid features, more than any monster, size (general human size) included, thus alluding to being Eclipsa's son while having fairly OP powers coming from his gigantic dad.

Monsters vary a lot, though, plus we know nothing about any monster and their parentality (the tadpoles don't count as they're adopted) to make anu guesses. Also Eclipsa was like 15 generations or so back from Moon.

>The final
Great start, we got an OP who doesn't even know the season is in hiatus.
Thread is gonna go extra full retard.

My biggest gripe is how empty the show is sound-wise. Quiet spots in the breaks between dialog or just characters looking at something are totally silent.
It get even weirder as an episode goes on, because energetic battle music happens all the sudden and disappears just as fast, Leaving the void even more apparent.

> Area timed it just right so that we'd be getting PIV right on christmas eve

That's honestly what I like about the show. No forced wacky music or dumb record scratch shit, not really any repeating tracks, dialogue and conversations actually feel semi-natural despite the weirdness of the show.

But your opinion seems to be the majority one; you're not alone.

Why is Star and Marco perfect for each other?

Ah that encapsulates a feeling I've had I couldn't put a finger on. Without some background noise I got pulled out of the show when it's just dialogue, sounds like it's people in a studio doing the voices. Maybe I'm just used to every other show doing it? But the lack of background noise sometimes makes it feel fake.

I did get used to it as the show went on, and powered through it in the last 2 days or so but definitely in season 1 it was somewhat jarring.

I not understand the apeal of this character. She was dumb and annoying and I hate her and you should too.

They're pretty good buds, but Marco hasn't shown anything but platonic feelings towards Star, if Starco is the end game I'm very interested in how they pivot to without making it bad.

sure they are, sure

If they are so perfect for each other then how come another girl will take Marco's virginity?

nothing gay about touching penises with ur demon friend a few times

This

Not sure what you mean by "another girl"

But thats gay tho

Star looks a bit chubby there

And Jackie isn't?

>tfw no playful and energetic gf like Star to brighten my days

>What is Blood Moon Ball

Because Star's foolishness and naivete is balanced by Marco's grounded nature and wisdom beyond his years, and Marco's timidity and nervousness melt away in the face of how open and honest and unconditional Star is about her affection towards him

They're perfect for each other because Marco will always feel comfortable around her, and Star knows she can always depend on Marco, because while she yearns for independence, she is also the type of person who needs someone that they know they can always depend on to be there for them if they mess up, someone to be her rock

Toffee was the best thing going for it and they foolishly decided to do 30 episodes without him instead of letting him come back after 12 or so

> tfw had a playful and energetic gf like Star
> tfw slowly drifted apart as we grew up
> tfw haven't talked in years
> tfw recently learned that she's marrying someone else now

I have no image that properly conveys how cold and empty and alone it makes me feel

She is pregnant

T H I C C

You done fucked up

Yeah the image is really cute but the way they drew the hair really made here look too thick.

What is he reading?

>Amanda and Nacho Diaz

Only real thing is when he sees her in a dress and think she looks good. And after that it's not followed up with anything basically the entire rest of the show.

Of course you have the actual Blood Moon prophecy thing and that's a reason to believe they'll end up together but he really didn't show any romantic feelings towards her. He just wanted to get her out of there because he thought Tom was a creep.

Torturing Star by reading the juiciest excerpts from her "Thoughts on Marco" chapter

> "Ahem. 'My thoughts on Marco Part 5: Dear Diary, last night I had the strangest dream about Marco. We were both battling monsters, and then, when we were done, all of a sudden we were in a field of daisies. Marco gave me this strange look, and then took off his shirt, and suddenly I realized I was naked. And then-"

And theeeeeeen?

No , they step their game with season 2 and thank god for that

>Naming a kid "Nacho"

What kind of mad people would do this

She fought a dude named Toffee; on Mewni dumb names seem like the standard,

A star would

All of the images of this show are really really cute, and I watch A FEW kiddie anime like K-On because I'm a musician....

But I couldn't get more than a minute into this without feeling like the demographic is 8 year olds and I felt too awkward to continue

Thoughts? Am I overreacting?

I just got off watching symbiotic titan which was clearly pretty all ages so take that into protective

Star's dreams get too lewd for a christian board, user.

It's possible Toffee is just an alias. Toffee never said it was his actual name, Ludo just assumed.

Aaaaand theeeeeeeeeen?