/DSC/ /STD/ DIS/

Scuttle the Sister Ship Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

trekmovie.com/2017/10/02/jason-isaacs-explains-lorcas-study-and-whats-up-with-landry-from-star-trek-discovery-ep-3/
trekmovie.com/2017/10/03/first-half-season-of-star-trek-discovery-extended-to-nine-episodes-breaks-new-all-access-record/
youtube.com/watch?v=6gaWH2NdZNw
youtube.com/watch?v=tHPz_m0mEvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're in the library chatting too loudly with your friends when this librarian comes up and shushes you.

What do you do?

Let the horned penis monster have him.

How much ZEN will be paid for that ship?

Prolly bout, seven-fitty.

trekmovie.com/2017/10/02/jason-isaacs-explains-lorcas-study-and-whats-up-with-landry-from-star-trek-discovery-ep-3/

Isaacs on the relationship with Lorca and Landry (Rekha Sharma) and other women on the Discovery:
>I think in this tradition of Star Trek captains and these alpha males who rise to the top, he’s got a taste for the good life and he’s got an eye for his female officers.

>I don’t know that that’s going to work with Burnham very well, frankly. She doesn’t look like she’s up for that kind of thing, but him and Landry certainly have a relationship that goes beyond, I would think, work.

ALPHA

I saw Jean-Luc Picard at a grocery store on the Enterprise yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Engage. Engage. Engage." and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen 5 Bites in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Captain, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by saying "captain to the bridge, prepare to beam a landing party down to the planet" really loudly.

>Implying they will not make this a Intelligence Dreadnought

No one wants a ship that runs on shrooms.

not if

>unlimited slipstream.

Well the third episode gave me some vague hope. But it isn't very star-trekky.

That being said, it doesn't seem to be raking in the ratings that they want.

They were very stupid to release it on their own digital platform

Well, it's still being broadcast.

Really? Not a complete loss then

I wouldn't be surprised if it's killing on Netflix in the countries that are getting it, though.

Well ratings are pretty shit. But they have said its "doubled" their revenue from their CBS access shit.

Weather thats worth the shows cost? Debatable.

And so they cast Mia Kirshner as Spock's mum?

why does she look like Henry Cavill in a wig?

>31 on the hull in Roman numerals

What is this shows ratings?
I know they broke records with their subscription, but that's just marketing jargon. Even if they had 10 subs higher, technically that's breaking their record.... So, is this show pulling in the cash CBS wanted? Or is it flatlining?

Also I suspect that jump in subs is simply because people are using their "free month" to see how things go, a few more episodes in, and they may see a pretty big dip in subs again.

>tfw still haven't 100%'d that damn "tour the galaxy" mission

is this loss

>recognize copypasta from a mile away
>start reading
>still laugh
timeless

They recently said "doubled revenue" for their app shit.

Ratings though? They only broadcast the first episode in the US. It did like ~10m or so. Which is the same as fucking Will and Graces

trekmovie.com/2017/10/03/first-half-season-of-star-trek-discovery-extended-to-nine-episodes-breaks-new-all-access-record/

Apparently it's knocking it out of the park enough for them to change their scheduling to take a break after 9 episodes instead of 8.

It's true they could just be saying that for publicity, but they can't lie to their shareholders. It seems to be doing well enough for them to greenlight a 2nd season.

I don't know. I'm still suspicious.

>That feel when you realize that their spore-based travel is breaking the laws of physics, unlike regular warp travel which utilizes them.
>That alien monster is an eldritch abomination from outside our reality.
>Captain Lorca is Dr. Weir, including having "eye problems".
They should have called this "Star Trek: Event Horizon".

>DSC/ /STD/ DIS/

Discolored STD Discharge.

To be fair when CBS All Access had fuck all on it...yeah of course it'll explode viewership. But they'll soon learn the "HBO sub cycle" of shows.

People sub for the first few episodes, cancel, and then binge watch later. GoT causes HBOs app subs to explode, then drastically drop once its over.

I'm sure that's the best case scenario for them. I don't really care, I'm torrenting the fuck out of everything I watch.

Well the EU study on piracy in 2015 basically showcased that TV/Movie piracy occurs because the average price people are willing to pay is to low for what people charge.

Combined with the amount of services spawning? That only will get worse. It isn't like PC games where you could get almost everything you want from one source (steam). You have to put your hand in 4+ subs to get 'mostly' everything you might want to watch.

>The main hero(ine) is black, and is an intelligent and tough-as-nails officer whose name starts with an "M".
>They are on a top-secret spaceship that is using an experimental propulsion system.
>The former crew of a derelict ship is found horrifying mutilated with lumps of "meat moss" on the walls and their warped and twisted in horrific ways.
>Some of the background music has that menacing tone to it like with Event Horizon's OST.
Spoopy Trek, here we come!
youtube.com/watch?v=6gaWH2NdZNw

I can honestly admit, STD turned me to pirating for the first time in my life. Not sure if that was their intention, but I guess i'm just replying to you because I feel there is a lot of truth to what you are saying. I'm living proof I guess.

Episode 3 was a marked improvement over the pilot, and I'm now slightly optimistic for the series.
Still should have been set in the 25th century.

I basically refuse to pay for it. My mother asked me if she should watch it and I just told her to wait for the series to end and use the 7 day trial to watch it (if shes desperate).
To be fair, shes more computer literate than most her age.

I still don't get what compelled them to release DSC in one single obscure streaming service in the US of all fucking countries instead of just allowing it to be on Netflix and Hulu. It's such a weird shitty idea. I actually like this show and would financially support it but I refuse to get a CBS membership for a single show.

it's not /DSC/
it's not /STD/
it's /DIS/aster

This shroom drive nonsense seems like the kind of run of the mill weird bullshit that Starfleet solves each week. This isn't even season cliffhanger-tier material.

>/DSC/ /STD/ /DIS/
>DSColored STD DIScharge

kek

>tfw know someone who loved the first two and hated the third

>in Balance of Terror Lieutenant Stiles wants to fire on the Romulans to show that the Federation isn't weak and afraid of defending itself to avoid potential war
>in Discovery Michael wants to fire on the Klingons to show that the Federation respects their culture to avoid potential war
Pottery.

and Spock agreed with him

> mfw it's a blood orgy episode

>Michael sees the footage.
>"We're leaving."

i like your post

Why are there no likeable characters at all in this show? I've never seen this in any film or tv show where there's NO ONE who is somewhat decent.

>Smug black female protagonist who hates everyone
>So randum red headed Tumblr cadet
>Angry hate filled gay guy who just talks back to the captain and acts catty to everyone
>Suru always acts like a little beta cuck who changes his mind on people and situations every 2 seconds, no integrity
>The captain is the worst in any Trek so far, even worse than Janeway. Just making the captain evil for the sake of it
>Stronk "so-called Islamic State" chief of security who treats everyone like shit

Also, now that we aren't in pilot territory anymore, how is this Star Trek?

>Willingly just blow up another perfectly functional ship instead of sending over a handful of the crew to man it and warp it back to Utopia Planatia for refit
>GORE AND SWEARING. IN STAR TREK.
>No one gets along, Roddenberry's vision is completely dismissed
>DUDE, BACTERIA THAT LETS YOU INSTANTLY TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY BECAUSE OF ORGANIC SUBSPACE SKELETON!

I hope to christ this show really is set in the JJverse because fuck the writers to kingdom come for shitting all over the lore. This isn't Star Trek, it's Battlestar Expanse

>Angry hate filled
Describing yourself, to be honest.

Captain CONTEXT is fucking based, shut up.

>instead of sending over a handful of the crew to man it and warp it back to Utopia Planatia for refit
Did you not see the inside out crew? Also they were on the edge of Klingon space and they were already on the ship, there were most likely more on the way.

I can't tell if Mike is the main character or if Lorca is. Obviously it from Mike's perspective but Lorca's the one sexing everybody and sending people on missions.

>casual who didn't watch TMP because it's too boring
>casual who didn't watch TNG season 1 because it's too boring
>surprised by GORE IN STAR TREK
When will the fake fans leave?

Not as angry as you'll be when they cancel this heap of shit after one season

>Suru always acts like a little beta cuck who changes his mind on people and situations every 2 seconds, no integrity

Should have really had him save Michael in the first ep when she's floating away in the suit showing when push comes to shove he actually does stand with his team instead of being massive beta

>Willingly just blow up another perfectly functional ship instead of sending over a handful of the crew to man it and warp it back to Utopia Planatia for refit

Starfleet Intelligence black ops ship stuck in Klingon territory, they needed to scuttle it.

The only "gore" there has ever been in Star Trek was the TNG episode with the parasite that gets phaser'd, and the Borg corpse collection in Scorpion pt 1 ala Voyager.

I've watched every episode of every series at least 5 times over so go fuck yourself, and I actually prefer the more boring episodes where they actually build lore and character development.

>DUDE, I'M SO GAY!
>(MY) HANDS ARE UP, DON'T SHOOT!
>"Klingons" are based on Trump and his supporters

So stunning... So brave! Discovery truly is the Citizen Kane of our generation.

>TMP reference in that post
>it flies over your head because you didn't watch TMP
Here's how Gene himself describes it:
>Shapes were materializing on the platform again--but frighteningly misshapen, writhing masses of chaotic flesh with skeletal shapes and pumping organs on the outsides of the 'bodies.' A twisted, claw-like hand tore at the air, and a scream came from a bleeding mouth... and then they were gone. The platform was empty.

The gore in the recent episode is just the sort of thing that Gene wanted but didn't have the budget to accomplish.

The crew were only inside out from fucking up with the bacteria propulsion... Pay attention faggot.

Also

>Send skeleton crew over
>Point them in opposite direction toward Federation space, maximum warp

How exactly are the Klingons going to catch them again? And did you not pick up on the whole fact that the Federation is already seeing a strain on its resources with the fortune cookie monologue? Why would they destroy a perfectly functional ship IN WARTIME?

Lockbox-only lel

>/DIS/

/Dis/IsASoapOperaDrama

The ship was damaged from the failed experiment, it would take time to repair it. Right next to the border, they didn't have time.

>bacteria
You're the one not paying attention, it seems.

>Spock is half human but wants to be full vulcan
>Data is 0% humans but want to be human
>Michael is 0% Vulcan but wants to be Vulcan
DESU senpai the first 3 seasons are full of pottery. Faux-trekkies just didn't realize that.

>How exactly are the Klingons going to catch them again
>trace the lost Klingon ship
>catch them
Not even him but I think you might be retarded.

>Klingon warp drives are now superior to Star Fleet ones

>/DSC/
>dscovery

imbeciles do not even know how to spell

What does this have to do with anything? Especially when the Glenn is floating in space.

They said in the episode that the ship had obvious hull damage from the spore drive rupturing, and the ships power relays and backups were all ruined. It wasn't going anywhere any time soon, and you can't risk a ship full of Starfleets secrets sitting on the Klingon border, when the Klingons have already boarded it once.

It was already a home run because Netflix are paying for it and it is doing well. WTF are you talking about?

Ya and Spock agreed with him. The whole thing was a reference to Balance of Terror which is why they have Sarek telling Michael it is logical, Spock wanted to give a Vulcan Hello to the Romulans too.

These.

It's hard to imagine there are people here too stupid for Discovery. But then again those are probably the same permanently complaining about their Sup Forums-feefees being hurt.

They're the target audience for the Orville

>/DSC/
>dscovery

right. and illiterate people are the target audience for dsc.

>/DISCO/
only correct abbreviation

youtube.com/watch?v=tHPz_m0mEvQ

I've been following some non-Sup Forums forums about Discovery and holy crap, it's unbelievable how fucking dumb some people are, possibly worse than here.

"durrr why did they blow up the Glenn?" is tame compared to some of the shit I've seen

>follows forums for dumb people

kek you have outed yourself as dumb
go back
Sup Forums is not for you

>being this american

>Put crew on it
>Aim it toward Federation space
>Maximum warp
>Unless the Klingons have faster warp capability, how are they exactly supposed to catch it?

See
you stupid fucking idiot. How do you fucks even function on a daily basis?

How fucking stupid are the you?

Explain why this won't work. It's like saying if you have a car travelling at 100kmph south, then 1km north of that car you also have another car heading south at 100kmph, that at any point they will intersect.

Why are you people trying to defend such shit logic so badly? Explain how the Klingons would catch them?

>does not know how to reply and reference posts properly

how do you even function on a daily basis?

learn2simplescience, stupid

user, it's clear you're talking to a girl. girls don't care or understand logic and science. all they focus on is "what did she say when she found out", "how did she say it", "what did he say when she said that" and "did they kiss".

Roasties. Not even once.

Netflix paid off everything CBS spent to make STD happen. At this point literally every cent of income is profit to them. If CBS has any sense, they'll produce more trek as long as netflix is willing to pay for the production costs. And Netflix will determine how long they pay CBS for more seasons based off of views for STD.

those aren't Roman numerals m80

If it's such "simple science", then explain how the Klingons would catch them.

You're about as intelligent as those gibs that claim "WE GOTS DAT SYSTEMATIC OPPRESSION" yet can't name a single oppression or non-right applied to them.

Section 31?

>Secret black ops science ship with experimental dangerous tech.
>Lol just send it unprotected into open federation space, right from Klingon territory.
Idiot

wait. this and this are both you?

The ship doesn't have engines and doesn't work. It can't move.

since replied to i guessed they're two anons arguing. i agree with and told to learn2simplescience.

XXXI = 31 you stupid Americlap.

When is this stated? Engineering wasn't even damaged, and the warp nacelles looked fine from the external shots.

This must be bait.
The Glenn was fucked. The hull was breached. No warp. No time to repair. Do you get that now?

You're fucking retarded

III=3
I=1

>The Glenn

Jesus Fucking Christ from what reality tv show did they get their mental-midget production staff from?

lol
i have no fucking idea why that made me lol
maybe my meds are working
finally

The fuck is your problem?