Name on good reason we shouldn't ban alcohol to prevent the loss of life associated with it...

Name on good reason we shouldn't ban alcohol to prevent the loss of life associated with it, particularly through drunk driving.
Every day, 28 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This is one death every 51 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion. In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. 10,000 people, including innocents that were killed by someone else's choices.
So what's the upside? People have fun with it? A fun night out? So you can feel more confident at the club?
Is it worth all those lives lost, and all the lives that continue to be lost now and into the future?
Also why didn't Aaron Eckhart's career go well? Was it Frankenstein or was that just the final nail in the coffin? Thank you for smoking is kino.

PARTY ROCK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Shall not infringe... upon my right to partay WOOOOO

prohibition doesn't work, duh

Btw I'm talking about gun control or am I?I'm talking about tobaccoPeople die for what, so someone can get their nicotine fix? There are alternative solutions, tobacco and cigarettes need to be illegal. It isn't worth it.

Well, we tried it once 100 years ago, somehow I think there might be another outcome possible now. In any case, it would drastically reduce the deaths. Prohibition may not get 100% of the material out, but it gets more than 0%, more than 0% no longer using it and more than 0% decrease in death. If another drug takes its place and causes the same damage, ban it too. We ban shit that harms people or can harm people all the time. What's the acceptable ratio of death/possible damage to "someone really wants this"?

TELEVISION AND FILM

You're right op, banning alcohol will totally work. After all that's how we stopped everyone from doing drugs.

Maybe we need to try again. Maybe we need to try harder. What, something doesn't work out so let's give up on it forever and just wallow in shit? You can say that about anything. Why bother trying ever? Why bother having laws or governments or societies?

we already do indirectly through public intoxication and disorderly behavior laws, as well as over 21 drinking age.
with selfdriving cars on the horizon, we can expect to see bans on human steered cars.
ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD

>ban the intoxicant which we are familiar with and have countless programmes and organisations set up to help treat addiction
>ban anything which replaces it
>eventually you have drugs with wildly unpredictable effects flooding the market faster than we can ban them

Drugs are like superbugs, dude. you stamp them out too much and eventually you have people taking krokadil or bath salts and chewing other people's faces off or ODing in really horrific ways because their usual choice is totally unavailable. decriminialising everything is the only way forward. If people die then it's simply a way of culling the idiots from the general population

We had an actual war on drugs. You can't stop human nature. Your idealism is naive.

we did this before. ended up as the most violent era in US history. Look over at the sandniggers out in Arabia. Lack of booze causes violence.

i fucking loved that movie

If you forgot, we also had prohibition which made the drug war look like childs play. People were killed on the streets over mafias trying to get booze into the country.

Prohibition kino

First of all, you don't determine the outcome of something just because you want to be a know-it-all passive shithead on an internet message board. You both sound stupid, the king of stupid that thinks its smart so it spouts things with authority and confidence even though it deserves neither.
>eventually you have people taking krokadil or bath salts and chewing other people's faces off or ODing in really horrific ways because their usual choice is totally unavailable
For starters, I'd say ban those things. Ban everything. Oh, it's hard? More funding, better people, more transparency. Oh, it's too ideal! Everything is a fucking ideal you faggot, that's the point, you strive for the ideal and do your best and keep trying harder. You'll never reach it, but you'll get somewhere, like we've gotten here now.
Second, less than the amount of people that did the banned drug will turn to a more extreme alternative. Fund programs to help people with the issues that are driving them to the substance, be it pain or boredom. Work on alternatives to people's issues. Oh, it's an ideal! So naive! It's a goal, it needs work and effort, it needs dedication and passion. But people are passionate about their causes these days, no? Or maybe they're just passionate about facebook likes.
Anyway, you ban the stuff and you cut part of the users off there, only some will turn to the next thing. Cut some off of that on that ban. Keep it going. And at each step, pull those edge-fuckers into help, keep them off the shit. It's possible, it can be done. Would it 100% of the time if you ran a perfect simulation? No. Doesn't mean the moonshot isn't worth trying for.
>You can't stop human nature
You can't. You can't stop humans making choices either. But you can influence them with threat of punishment and through deprivation of means. We already do that, right now. Why not do it harder? Or why ban anything at all? What's the point where you say the pros outweigh the cons?

It didn't work one time. Okay, let's learn from then and do it better. We're living in a different world. If something wasn't worth doing because one permutation didn't work out, where would human civilization be? Where would you be, in your own individual life?

Authoritarian poofter.

At what point does personal responsibility come into play though? Maybe we should be teaching people that instead of treating them like dogs shitting on the carpet.

>shoving a square block through a circle hole didn't work the first time so by golly lets rev up that autism and try harder.

>one time
>prohibition
>war on drugs
>abortions pre roe v wade
>"gun control"

When will lefties realize making something illegal doesn't magically make it disappear? At some point I have to wonder if it isn't willfully ignored in order to facilitate a power grab.

It didn't work out because people want to get drunk. The only people that wanted prohibition were religious nuts and feminists, basically the 2 most hated groups of people.

I have a question for you. Do you think communism is viable?

So why ban anything? Why have laws? Why not just teach people to not misuse things or harm eachother? I don't disagree, it's possible, but much harder. If banning shit is too much of a naive ideal, teaching everyone to stop fucking up and fucking shit up is even worse. Or go the other way, let people die and be harmed, even those with no choice. Freedom is paramount. I just don't like this one-foot-in-one-foot-out bullshit people sit on while they spout shit like they're worth listening to.

We will never know since it's never been tried before.

That's a wrap folks. Nothing to see ITT.

SELF DETERMINATION WORKS GREAT AND NOTHING ELSE DOES SO STOP FUCKING WITH IT AND ALLOWING OTHERS TO FUCK WITH IT

I'm personally convinced that, if all alcohol disappeared from the earth forever, such a change would bring more happiness than misery.

It certainly reduces it. So maybe only 5000 people die next year, and 5000 people don't. Maybe today 14 people don't get killed because only half the number of fuckups got their fix of a substance, and the other half couldn't manage it, or got caught, or quit because it became a taboo.
That's my point, shouldn't others be for it if they examine their principles and values? If one writes down what they think, what they believe in, doesn't it align? Human nature is animal nature, we are beyond nature now as we are beyond all other animals. We are not ideals, not gods if such a thing can even be achieved let alone understood, but we can strive to go up as we have before. The staircase to utopia is composed of many steps, and each one must be climbed.

>that entire second paragraph
Please stop huffing your own farts.