How was old Sup Forums like?

How was old Sup Forums like?

Shit

more pedos but more film discussion and not garbage meme posts

I kinda miss talking shit about Avatar, then abatap would magically appear any time day or night to defend it
I also miss the early season Lost threads, back when people still debated and flung shit back and forth about whether it was actually going anywhere or not

It was a big guy for you.
All day.
All the time

feet and pedo threads were the most of the board. Baneposting changed everything.

More trips (WakingJuno, Kaiji, Saetre, etc) about the same pasta, better sense of humor, more waifu threads

>magically appear
He ran a fucking script that alerted him whenever the word "Avatar" was posted and BOOM he'd be there literally five seconds later

>tfw I got here just in time for baneposting
I can only imagine actual film discussion

Do people actually think sneedposting and baneposting and this new pirates of the caribbean shit is funny, or are they just on some newly discovered metaplane of irony?

Special snowflake tripfags "policing" the board and reddit-tier memes.

Slower.

Waifus
Feet
Discussion
pedophiles
Little to no capeshit

Seconding this as hard as I can.
>Who looked better in goggles?
>feet
>Kstew
>is there anything she can't do?
>durn
>underage actress general #124352525
I got here right at the peak of the Lost threads, and even then it wasn't too terrible. At least the shitposting had some variety to it.
Then came Batman and the fucking plane scene. That changed everything.

It felt exactly like now. I seriously hope none of you are nostalgic or are new and think it was better before.
In 5 years there will be newfags here thinking this was a golden age of fun with sneedposting or whatever.

It's individual efforts from mentally ill autists like Barneyfag or that Canadian from 8ch that spams the pedobait threads. The sneedfaggot literally admitted he forces it.

CAREFUL OLDFAG CAREFUL NOOOOOWWW

Pedos instead of footfags, and a lot slower. And like every board a lot less people crying about how every off colour comment was "Sup Forums". Other than that not a lot has changed.

Time for an update, user

less shit

far less shit and dead

good going, reddit

>And like every board a lot less people crying about how every off colour comment was "Sup Forums"
That was back in the day when they were happy to remain in their containment board, which was itself a better place
Then came the 2016 election and /r/TheDonald and the Reddit invasion, and the cancer exploded

I used Sup Forums more in 2009-11 but I remember Sup Forums being a LOT slower than it is now, also there was some awesome film discussions I've had. I agree with the pedo thing, there was a lot more of that shit, but there still meme posters, don't know why people saying it wasn't as bad. I think the problem with Sup Forums now is that there just isn't that many proper film/show discussion threads anymore. Capeshit definitely has not helped any of this.

>proving his point
faggot

I can't remember the specific image name that went with this one but it was something like this.

capeshit and generals really fucked regular film discussion threads up. i really, really hate generals. i mean there used to be weekly threads for specific shows, like LOST, but now days every single fucking show seems to have a continual general thread

Quit your bitching. You know as well as anyone else that Sup Forums is fine, it's the r/the_donald faggots who shit up every board they touch.

I don't even give a fuck about politics, I just want it off Sup Forums.

The Twin Peaks general went fucking awful after two weeks of the show starting, sucks. And they STILL keep making generals despite the show finishing

And before that it was the r/srs trannies
You just made it sound like you're one of the faggots who pretend that "racism" and all the other -isms were non-existant on Sup Forums before the Sup Forums meanies showed up

people didnt post simply to fish for (You)s

pretty much the same as today

Sup Forums should've never existed

Making a lot of assumptions there, chief.

Worst thing srs trannies did was spam memes. That's how we wound up with baneposting.

But you know what? srs and r/the_donald come from the same place, my friend. And you both should go back there.

baneposting honestly kickstarted the board to one of the most popular ones

I really think getting rid of (You)s would make discussion better across all boards

when /q/ was made a lot of tourists came to Sup Forums to try and shut down Sup Forums

they settled in Sup Forums and made dr who threads and GOT, you can see the aftermath in every threas as they constantly bring up Sup Forums

Sup Forums was just as racist in its conception but apparently it was "satire"

Remember when they did that and the ensuing shit storm that happened.?

MMMHMMMMMM

Why do so many people care right now. This is like the 5th topic on it in 2 days.

Old Sup Forums had 100000000x more spam 1000000000x more tripfags and 100000000x more fun.

You will never experience a bunker thread where the entire board is posting as much as they can in one thread to stop it dying when a 10 page spam floods the entire board.

You will never experience the live thread of a tripfag posting his twitter communications with an underaged actress and telling her about all his plans for their relationship.

You will never experience verticals threads and true original content.

You will never see moot change the name of the board to celebrate the series finale of a tv show that everyone watched.

You will never experience the Cyberbully live threads that the entire site when they showed that fucking made for tv movie.

No streambro streams. No tripfag drama (good or bad thing you decide). No daily dose threads. And no real waifu threads. There was one user who would post at least 500 images of ASR a day. Sup Forums was so fucking autistic back then. It was a golden era. Then the reddit invasion happened, they flooded /q/ and fucked the board forever.

>implying I'm some the_donald faggot
muh based black men FUCK racism dude xD

Good morning oval! :3

I remembering the mods pussying out of it in a matter of days.

>worst posters "revolt" over it
>eventually leave

Or

>worst posters "revolt" over it
>mods immediately bend over for it

this is so fucking pathetic

>I don't have an argument so I'll just shitpost

Sure smells like r/the_donald in here.

>implying the no lives have anything better to do than stay and continue revolting

It was shit, but goddamn there were some amazingly creepy tripfaggots.

I'd post the Davey thread where he talks about owning Joseph Gordon Leavitt's pants from the movie 50/50, but I don't have it on this harddrive.

Oh and the guy's bedroom that was filled with kid's shit and toys, jesus christ.

did bigbeast kill himself

Why should I come up with arguments when you spout shit like
>Worst thing srs trannies did was spam memes.

Here you go.

>spam memes

VS

>shit up every thread with politics

Decisions, decisions...

They all did.

Oops, wrong pic.

More television discussions, similar to /got/ but much more variety.

Good times.

>constantly cry for more moderation
>constantly cry about muh raycism/sexism when people make fun of niggers or landwhales
mh, you sure sound like a tranny

Some things from old Sup Forums still apply.

replace tgwtg with cinemassacre to be more accurate.

Can't you see that no one likes, just take a hint.

Sup Forums's tripfags were something else.

>it's a marvelous smell

kek

I still think it's the second most autistic thread I've ever witnessed.

The first will always be Sup Forums's thread about the guy who posted his 150 page diary about another tripfag. That was the thread that killed Sup Forums's reputation.

pre-2007/2008 was the golden age

back then the internet was practically 100% white because jews like Mark Zuckerberg weren't training niggers in understanding what a keyboard is. There was virtually no censorship of thoughts and ideas because leftists didn't know what computers and the internet were either nor had their SJW thought policing totalitarian ideology fully been cultivated back then. Lack of niggers, jews and leftists made the internet as a whole, not just Sup Forums, a much better place.

Things were not derailed instantly with people coming in and saying old '90s movies are racist and sexist, and the state of the entertainment industry wasn't as shit as well, meaning discussion on Sup Forums wasn't garbage reflecting the garbage on current TV like all those tranny homo Nickelodeon kids shows and braindead lowest-common-denominator trash like Game of Thrones psyops'ing race mixing and bringing brown hordes of savages into white countries as a good thing. Threads were not instantly shut down because the conversation started discussing the actors of a particular piece.

It was comfy, and you'll never get that back, the same you'll never stop white countries all transforming into Somalia and Brazil after importing infinity spics and niggers

It was bad just not this level of pure ass shit of constantly threads about democrats,liberals,republicans,trump,hillary,marxists,nazis,racists etc Sup Forums these days is beyond fucking satire worst thing is we don't even have imdb message boards anymore so despite all of that, this fucking dump is sadly still the best place.

Fucking die you piece of shit, you're the reason why this board went to shit.

Nice historical revisionism faggot. Based on the bullshit you're spewing, I doubt you were even old enough to use internet back in 2007.

Hs said OLD Sup Forums not current

pre captcha days are unfathomable to the reddit invasion newfags

to think we had a BETTER community when it was literally possible to flood the entire board using bots and free proxy lists or even delete any thread/reply by sending 10 illegal content reports

overall everybody knew everybody and you would even get recognized without a tripcode. Also, less capeshit

a whooooooooooole lot of this

>tfw bellatap never lived long enough to see bella in her current state
Maybe it's a mercy.

I know you. You're a faggot

>>tfw I got here just in time for baneposting
So you got here too late?
Baneposting is fucking cancer.

YOU SAID IT WAS TEMPORARY MOOT

I remember once a dev accidentally put the number of IPs per board and tv had about 90 compared to Sup Forums and Sup Forums which had over 5000.

>imdb message boards
I would not even think twice about bothering with Sup Forums if the message boards were still online.

You also forgot about the days when sage was visible but enough asshurt faggots bitched about it. Anyways the stagnation of this entire image board goes way back but the dip in quality which truly started it all was Sup Forums's gaymur gate crap which invited redditors and tumblr fags and they never left.

>abatap
>that one guy who just posted entire threads full of stills from a single star trek episode nearly 24/7
>green oval
>act (tv's bigged crush was Ellen Page for a very long time)
>way more pedoshit
>many more tripfags (that was true for Sup Forums as a whole at the time, I don't even notice them anymore)
>LOST faggots were comparable to today's GoT faggots

Captcha and baneposting really changed the board. But yeah that's mostly what I remember. Sup Forums wasn't really around but was around briefly as /news/ or /new/ I can't remember. But Sup Forums was the scapegoat board.

post the screenshot about the ogre and mad max fury road

>Sup Forums was just as racist in its conception

I don't remember threads complaining about blacks being cast in white man's roles. Granted, there was less of that going on and virtue signalling wasn't as widespread but still. Sup Forums baiting began only after Sup Forums was reopened.

>Anyways the stagnation of this entire image board goes way back but the dip in quality which truly started it all was Sup Forums's gaymur gate crap which invited redditors and tumblr fags and they never left.
This. First Gamergate, then Fappening, then the election.
If you're someone who first came to Sup Forums because of or during any of these events, you're absolute fucking cancer and you need to fuck off.

it was /n/ and /new/ if I recall right, but that board was in the end quite a different entity from Sup Forums

This.

this pretty much
plus the board was much slower

This.

Because that blackwashing shit in Hollywood is happening alot more now then it was then. I remember the happy merchent being posted in like every other thread back then though. This place was never for bleeding hearts

just as offtopic with shit films and shit tv shows but not every thread revolved around crying about a black casting or politics

Sup Forums was always bad desu
In the past few years its gotten better because it became one of the best meme factories on the site.

It was /new/. /n/ existed on the site in the really early days but moot killed it really quickly and made it about trains. Few years later he brought in /new/ but killed that and /r9k/ when they triggered him too much.

Then he brought them back, and gamergate/the fappening happened. After that he sold it all to the japanese jew.

Sup Forums was the most Sup Forums like board on the site before Sup Forums was created. I still remember those Maury "How come when the father is black and not the father, he always celebrates?" shitstorms. Those were very funny.

Because it wasn't as blatant back then

fuck off nigger

We were warned

Get out shit stain.

>tfw Sup Forums produces the most sitewide memes
Seriously, I always find Sup Forums memes on other boards, what the fuck.

Get this hothead out of here!

We're the actual heart of this site, Sup Forums and /s4s/ can go suck a dick.

shit but I miss it

/LOST/ was the best time. Only time this board has come close recently was during the Power Rangers livestream.

Do you.. Do you have more of that.?

lmao

kys fag