Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition is the best superhero film

Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition is the best superhero film
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pBUd5Ir-AwM
youtu.be/My0mX_SukDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

probably one of the shitiest movie EVER made, but ok OP, continue with your bait.

No
Discuss

no

Like Watchmen, it's extended cut is better than it's theatrical.
Clark speaking to that Ex about reasoning with Batman was my favorite reporter Kent scene.

Yeah because I definitely let critics influence my opinions on films.

Not as good as Man of Steel.

I say that as someone who finds MoS a dumb, fun action flick.

Shit, I think it's a'ight.
I say this for the other two DCEU films as well. I enjoy them but I wish I could say either was great.

I love it, and like Suicide Squad, and enjoyed elements of Man of Steel. But then I also love the CW shows. And the MCU. So I've not got any baggage or misplaced brand loyalty to tell me what I can and can't enjoy.

Let's not...

Then leave.

You linking everything isn't exactly a testament to your discernement though.

Well, buddy, it is your opinion.

I disagree but others are definitely gonna take your thread the wrong way.

I'd much rather read comics than watch the movies to be quite fair. There's more to like in that regard.

How's Rebirth? what are the top recs?

It's an adequate answer. He didn't say it's the best movie ever, he said he like it. You can like something bad.
Not saying something is great because you love it despite everything that tell you it's bad is a sign of maturity in taste.

In no way did he imply he thought they were bad.

I was just pointing out that "I like both" isn't really an argument for his relative objectivity like he was trying to make it.

Rebirth is okay. New Super-Man is pretty good and Deathstroke is enjoyable too. Probably my favorite series out of rebirth.

Funnily enough, the best thing DC is doing isn't even capes. (pic related)

Snyderfags are the biggest faggots on Sup Forums.

Discuss.

So you thought Ghostbusters was a good movie too despite the critics?

That is funny.
Was thinking of diving into Rebirth soon. Probably should read the annual.
Everything involved in Rebirth is post-Crisis, right?

Can't say I have an opinion. Never seen it nor am I interested.

Oh user. You don't know what you are getting into.

>tfw you want to read pre-Flashpoint to Rebirth
>tfw you tracked down every New52 comic up to around Grayson #1 in one folder, most/all of Batman in a billion folders, and are working on on gathering Rebirth.
>tfw you are nearing 150gb of comics, and you don't even have Crisis on Infinite Earths, Flashpoint, and the following material yet.

Just prior warning. You aren't trying to do something as simple as it sounds. We need a fucking thread that is purely a Readers Guide to the swap from the classic setting to N51/Rebirth. It would help me greatly.

oui

Can you post more? I need to know what to think of the movies I watch and the games I play.

N52 has been nuked?

Nah, this time they were right, it was dumb and boring. It deserves its bad fame.

No.

Rebirth is part of the New 52 continuity.

Superbro is coming back.

Oh, so nothing is ever going to be pre-flashpoint again?

Not with Johns in charge

The idea is to bring back aspects of pre-Flashpoint stuff, like Iris/Barry, white Wally, etc

Oh no, we aren't losing Superdad are we? Having classic Supes around is one of the redeeming things that is keeping me even vaguely interested in the floppies. I just miss the old Batfamily so much.

Superdad and Superbro are Superman Red/Blue.

Dr Manhattan is fucking things up.

>Dr Manhattan is fucking things up.

No change there then. Rorschach for president.

>inb4 Rorschach and Nite Owl are Question and Batman respectively.

What's Manhattan's role in Rebirth?

Should have been World's Finest.

Makes me wonder, has there ever been a Batman/Question team-up?

He caused it.

If you read the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot the implication is that as the timeline was recovering from Flashpoint, Dr. Manhattan went and took ten years from it

You are getting this wrong. Thanks to critics and the general reviews on Sup Forums, I didn't spent money to whatch Suicide Squad, I downloaded it for free later. Turns out it REALLY was a pile of shit. I wish I had done the same with BvS, so at least snyderfags wouldn't count me when they say stupid things like "huuur 800k people whatched it and they all liked!"

The movie critics and medium is mostly liberals who have zero understanding in films. By itself the film is of better quality than most things out there. BvS is too smart for people.

They should really have taken more time on the script, also stop using so much slow motion.
youtu.be/pBUd5Ir-AwM

Resulting to...

Being responsible & removing years resulted to what changes?

Isn't Harley's fantasy supposed to keep Joker mostly the same, except he's less of a wife beater on her I guess, and their kids are just as insane?
youtu.be/My0mX_SukDo
Makes her constant acting like a dingbat seem even more out of place if she fantasizes about being normal.

The New 52 universe.

Not even close.

I am too smart for any Snyder movie, I guess.

Still haven't seen it but I'm sure I'd hate it if I did.

Who's narrating?

I took it as meaning she wants to be with the Joker and have children. Like, she's still a criminal, but deep down she wants a normal life and to have a home with the Joker. Also it's used for humor as it's the cliche home life

Bait thread

Discuss

White Wally.

Wally. The original

Boy, Flash & Doc really fucked up pre-flashpoint.
I'm sure there's no explanation but why did Manhattan do it?

The fact that you have to cry liberal persecution is really patethic.

This is coming from a conservative.

No explanation since they've yet to do anything with the overarching Rebirth story.

Concept sure is interesting. Wonder how it'll be ultimately executed.
Why does only Wally know? Not explained either I presume.

Wally was "outside of time" and was able to feel their presence, but couldn't see who it was.

Mods should ban these threads to /trash/ like they do with cartoon generals.

>another BvS thread not started by me

these are the comfiest threads we have

Your opinion is shittier than OPs

>you will never be as handsome as henry cavill

>you will never be as handsome as ben affleck

>you will never be as handsome as jason momoa

>you will never be as handsome as ezra miller

why does the DCEU have the best husbandos

I loved the movie a lot, I have it on blu-ray and I have posters of it on the wall, but I wouldn't say it's the best.

Live-action shit should go back to Sup Forums and stay there.

Discuss.

batman begins and spiderman 2 might edge it out for me, but still, BvS is just so original and narratively ambitious that i just have to love it

snyder's unquestionably the best capeshit director of all time though, and i say that as a guy who fucking adores sam raimi

How pathetic

But user, those posters are cool.
I'm talking about the different logos on each face.

there should be a new /ca/ - Capeshit board, because Sup Forums whines about capeshit, and Sup Forums whines about capeshit

Yeah, everyone knows that. People are too afraid to admit it.

Is on my personal top 5, right next to Watchmen, Superman, Dark Knight Returns, Man of Steel and X-men 2.

blessings be upon you

>these are the comfiest threads we have

I know right? They are mostly 99% of the board shitting on a bad movie and the same 3 anons, including you that do most of the threads with reddit and Sup Forums memes, trying to defend bad ideas against legitimate criticism!

Its comfy as fuck.

I mean, seriously, the movie is so full of plot holes, characters acting stupid for no reason, bad marketing decisions to build a cinematic universe, and bellow expectation performances with public and return!

I mean, lets talk about some dumb things that the movies should ave dealt with...

I don't want to blow your mind....
But Sup Forums pretty much whines about everything.
Or faps to it.
Occasionally both at once.

>this mad about people liking a movie

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?
>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?
>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?
>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?
>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?
>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?
>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?
>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?
>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!”.
>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?

Getting triggered because someone says that a movie is bad.

You should go back to a hugbox, like reddit, or stay and face it.

>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.
>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?
>>So why didnt they just kill MARTHA the moment batman arrived?
>>Why didn't Superman use his super speed to zip by and save his mom as soon as he learned she was in danger? If Batman could saver her, why not him, that is quickier and more powerful?
>>Why did Lex's goons kidnap a woman in Kansas and take her all the way to the east coast right next to where Superman is forced to fight?
>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool or Civil War? Why the characters didnt manage to capture the public?

You're the only guy who complains in these threads. Get a life.

nice trip user, shame about your poor taste

>IF YOU SEEK HIS MONUMENT LOOK AROUND YOU
really makes you think

why doesn't this dude know how to construct a coherent sentence

also these have all been literally refuted point by point, some other proud member of the Church of Kino did the deed

so i don't know why you keep on pasting unintelligible, thoroughly refuted shit

You should say this to WB, because they sure were in panic mode with the reception of the movie and butchered Suicide Squad, afradi that it would have the same treatment.

He isn't.

Okay so now that it's been established, what's the second best film? My vote is for Donner Superman.

Those points were never refuted tho.

Mostly from what I have seem, people making up headcanon that had nothing to do with what is show on the movie, and every user say something different, which just shows that things were never clear or adressed to begin with.

Sad.

>>>Why did Lex's goons kidnap a woman in Kansas and take her all the way to the east coast right next to where Superman is forced to fight?

Because Lex is random and is as smart as the plot demands.

Like every character.

Just turn off your brain if you want to enjoy this movie..

Just ignore those guys.

>You're the only guy who complains in these threads.

Hilarious considering that on these threads we mostly see the faggot that whorship Snyder and SuicideAnon.

The fact that every DCEU safespace thread barely has more than 40 IPs, and like this one, the people on the thread just call the movie shit. To not even say about the fame and reputation that this movie have on other parts of the internet, that isnt exactly positive. I think that it is safe to say that you are the minority here.

Batman has uncovered a plot by unnatural minions who can appear human. They react violently to a substance Batman has developed, which burns their skin. Upon being overcome, they mysteriously vanished. Having to wage a brutal hidden war against these creatures has left Bruce on the edge, and his violent conflict with them has Gothamites wondering if he's gone mad.

Gordon Godfrey is news pundit who's building a New Media empire that is beating Old Media Daily Planet, and he is encouraging people to question the need for this new breed of extraordinary vigilante, particularly Superman. He's really Glorious Godfrey, agent of Darkseid.

Godfrey and his assistant Amazing Grace weave a plot to turn the two highest profile heroes, Batman and Superman, against each other. Wonder Woman is in Gotham, suspecting the involvement of the New Gods.

It's revealed that Jonathan and Martha Kent were abducted and put into stasis by Darkseid shortly before the events of the bus rescue, and since then Darkseid and Granny Goodness have been masquerading as Clark's parents to instill Anti-Life's precepts in him. Desaad has also been working on a poisonous element derived from Kryptonian elements that can weaken and even kill Kryptonians. Batman manages to steal some of this substance after learning of it's existence while investigating Gordon Godfrey.

All of the Senate plotline is replaced by Godfrey vs Daily Planet media war, with Lois and Perry trying to expose his falsehoods.

Film climaxes when Glorious Godfrey and Steppenwolf use Apokalypse technology and Anti-Life to transform Zod's corpse into the monstrous Doomsday.

This restores Batman, Superman and Pa Kent's characterization, and uses Eisenberg's perfomance appropriately.

>Mostly from what I have seem, people making up headcanon that had nothing to do with what is show on the movie, and every user say something different, which just shows that things were never clear or adressed to begin with.

see this is the idiocy on display here. we have a film with some slightly surreal elements, that allows room for people to theorize about character motivations and such, and all you idiots can do is say "WAAH, DA MOVIE SUCKS CAUSE SNYDER DIDN'T SPOONFEED ME INANE EXPOSITORY DIALOGUE LIKE NOLAN DID." it's really absurd. like, do you go and watch 2001 and then whine about how it
"wasn't clear?" no, of course not. you think about the movie and consider possible explanations to those things that were not immediately apparent. so should you do with BvS.

>Just turn off your brain if you want to enjoy this movie..

probably the most incorrect thing i've heard this week

This is true.

>people making up headcanon that had nothing to do with what is show on the movie
Filling in blanks with context clues from the movie is not "headcanon"

but this is already what happened in the movie

they've been refuted many times dude.

yo

>Amazing Grace
that an actual character?

I'll give you 3/10 for the image, that's the best I can do.

Why do you still reply to bait? Those guys are obviously retarded.

To be honest I'm starting to think that WB is paying shills to try to make people change their minds about their movies with bad reception, even more because the Snyderfaggot user is artificial as fuck. It just make sense:

>They are desperate to start the cinematic universe and catch up wIth other companies, but keep fucking up and making bellow expectations.

The fact that it is the same 2 fags that show up on these threads at the same time is also interesting.

Only if you read comics, unlike Snyder.

This is just too smart for Snyder, bro.

Making Pa Kent Darkseid would also be PERFECT.

Retcon most of the Pa Kent moments with "Darkseid modified his memmories" and it would be amazing.