Scary kino

this movie scared the shit out of me when it came out anyone else?

man moths?

Didn't spook me but I liked the paranoid and eerie atmosphere.

The book is fucking shit, though. Just an insane conspiracy theorist's unorganized ramblings for 300 pages.

I remember reading about Indrid Cold as a kid and being terrified.

>in your shoe
>under the bed

>Tried to watch this with my family.
>They talk constantly through it.
>Asking questions about things they missed while talking.
>Complain about the lack of Mothman.
>Only like the ending because it was the only part with action.

Fucking kill me.

welcome to life

Is there any other film that comes close to evoking an atmosphere so eerie?

Lake Mungo is some creepy ass shit. If any user is interested in seeing, don't even watch a trailer or read a synopsis. This movie is best watched when you don't know what you're in for.

Theyre pretty dissimilar films, but I think The Blair Witch project can often evoke the feeling of spookiness and paranoia

Me. It stuck with me for months with all its near subliminal mindfuckery.

>"Didn't you want to know?"
>". . ."
>"We're not *allowed* to know."

>THAT scene

is this the movie where they sit at the table and talk

Yep. I regularly watch this one near halloween, since it is so spooky in the beginning. It flops pretty hard around halfway point when Gere gets in contact with the ayy lmaos

I love everything to do with the professor.
>From where he's standing, he can see a bit further down the road.

And now captcha wants me to identify bridges. Never even seen that one before.

does it have jumpscares in it :(

i don't like jumpscares

Yep. Watched that as kido, so it was multiplied.

Now THIS was Lovecraftian kino

Very good and very underrated gem. Spooky too.

There's only 2 things I can think of that could potentially qualify. One is a really dated special effect at the start, and the other isn't scary at all. You should be fine.

>bridge captcha

I was sure you'd see them.

In time.

true

The single spookiest thing in the whole movie for me is the young couple he interviews. When the girl says,

>"We're getting married."

The weird tone and inflection of her voice, a little defensive, a little fearful, I don't know if that was good acting, good directing, or just a happy accident, but it really stuck with me. It took me weeks before I realized what her tone most likely implied:

She felt they'd been judged. Maybe even cursed.

Link? I don't remember this scene.

I can't find it, but it's during the part where Klein's going around interviewing the locals.

Do NOT watch this overrated piece of shit. I got memed into watching it and it is THE most uneventful movie, there are no redeeming features to it, it takes forever to end despite being short.

bloody 'ell

thanks user. i'll watch it muted and with subtitles to be safe

>spoiler

That's not what happens though the mothman/Indrid Cold defies categorizarion, bearing similarities to ayys, demons, angels, and old-school trickster fairies/elves. The implication is that it (they?) is an extradimensional entity with motives that can't be explained, no more than an amoeba could explain the motives of a human. It's unironically lovecraftian

That seems a bit excessive friend. If you're that worried about jumpscares the first is when his wife is driving, the second is when he splashes his face and stares into the mirror.