Obscure Trump facts

In 1992 Thom Yorke of the band Radiohead wrote a letter to Donald Trump for 15,000$ to help finance their first album as a joke. Also getting a demo of the new album in the same letter (presumably being a big fan of it) Mr Trump sent them the 15,000 dollars, not knowing that the band was joking. Trump was later reimbursed in 2000, although Yorke requested he donate it to a environmentalist organization.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XG_iD8epJag
youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k
ranker.com/list/republican-musicians-and-singers-conservative-bands-/famous-conservatives
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice source faggot.

Why are so many bands made up of smug liberals? What are some conservative bands?

First he wants to reverse the Brexit vote, flying in the face of democracy, and now hes speaking out against Trump?

BASED YORKE.

nickelback is very conservative, you should totally check those cool dudes out

I love Radiohead but Thom's pretentious attitude irks me. He thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else. Im actually happy that Aphex Twin said that Radiohead was corny shit music. That must have hit Thom really hard.

the latest album was complete garbage so i can believe this

but i like almost everything else they did before it

thom is the original rare pepe

i hate that bands have more attention directed at their political opinions

i hate it even more when they revel in that influence

that said i can completely ignore the band's politics if it's good music

i still enjoy RATM even though they're fucking commies

Conservatives, by their nature, cannot create new things. Some of them are skilled at re-purposing existing things (for instance memes) but lack that spark of originally. (Pepe was created by a heavy SJW)

For instance, see here. Nickelback has a single song they have been releasing over and over.

Conservatives lack natural talents in math, arts, language, and the sciences.

Mental power beyond that required to breathe, read a bible, and lift heavy objects for a menial slary is non-intrinsic to a conservatives' way of life.

Thus, no thought, no product.

conservatives hate brokeback brokedick nickelback

Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins is conservative.

>faggot liberal bites the hand that supported him

Wouldn't expect anything less.

No you're talking about liberals son. After all, how much mastery of math, arts , languages and the sciences does it take to get a liberal arts degree?

The guy who compares himself to Jesus is conservative?

The last good album they had was in the early 2000s. It's safe to say they're irrelevant now.

Trumps brother and he used to Nazi salute each other as a joke.

>Trump in his second visit to Australia managed to smash down 13 tinnies of Fosters in 5 mins and 42 secs. Breaking the previous Guineas World Record of 11 beers by a whopping 1 min and 17 secs.

Absolute mad cunt!

>Sold out concert
>Irrelevant

45 here
Totally remember this

Was huge then

Hail king trump!

Fake he doesn't drink

Explaibln to me how most people in music and entertainment have been left leaning for the last 60+ years

>Mfw buttrock plays on the stereo and I can't control it

Looking at you Staff Sarnt Fuckhead grandpa turn that bullshit off no Joe thinks you're fuckin cool because you listen to gayboy music.

Why the fuck are you still here?

TrumpĀ® (MAGA) doesn't drink you degenerate cunt

NO DRUGS

NO ALCOHOL

NO CIGARETTES

rly made me think
surely ICP is much more educated than Richard Wagner and Bach

>not conforming when your whole career depends on a good image

Radiohead is pretentious music made by wankers. Same as Muse, but Muse actually has technical prowess and sounds more metal.

Both are insufferably political though.

What are Pantera and The Misfits then?

I love this pasta, sounds like something my friend Samwise Gamgee would say.

>Aphex Twin
Literally Who?

What's it like being a pleb?

ICP are hardcore, bible thumping conservatives. They literally wrote a song called "Miracles" to convert people to Christianity.

>music and entertainment
>math and sciences

kek

Music and Arts are all about conforming to the public mindset at the time, and liberals have been controlling that since the 60s.

STEM subjects are still mostly white and male, to the point that liberals scream racist and sexist at them every day.

Smashing Pumpkins is fairly openly conservative

Nine Inch Nails(Trent Reznor) is a closeted conservative but if you listen to what his songs are about, its not too hard to realize.
>criticizes the vaginal jew
>criticizes the pop culture hollywood jew
>criticizes the government corruption jew
>lots of songs about modern male viewpoints IE: no pandering
>writes songs like "happiness in slavery" which basically talks about how bluepilled is the easier way through life

"I pushed the button and elected him to office, and
He pushed the button, and he dropped the bomb
You pushed the button, and could watch it on the television
Those motherfuckers didn't last too long
I'm sick of hearing 'bout the have and have-not's
Have some personal accountability
The biggest problem with the way that we are doing things is
The more we let you have, the less that I'll be keeping for me
Well, I used to stand for something
Now I'm on my hands and knees
Turning in my god for this one
And he signs his name with a capital G"

So conservatives are the asians of the political spectrum?

Morrissey.

As to your question, most musicians are dumb and illiterate hence why they have to resort to use their sensibilities and fulfill their crappy dreams to make a living. No wonder why they all end up in haze world

Trump was the executive producer of Biggie's second album.

Pfft I've done 12 beers in way under that and I wasn't even trying

35, youre full of shit

Wrestling is not real, fucking aussie

He watched his brother drink himself to death you mongaloid

This. In a career which literally depends on being popular with people in general, artists are afraid to express conservative views. Granted half of humanity either won't care or will applaud, but the other half will bully them mercilessly and deny them employment and opportunities whenever possible.

Look for artists, musicians, etc. who never talk politics unless pressed hard--and then they just give vague, generalized answers.

There are your conservatives.

Hillary is a Trump plant.

>those plebs buying tickets to a radiohead gig in 2016
>taste

if your taste is different to mine, you are irrelevant.

Here's some good right wing artists/bands

>Blink 1488
>Bound for Glory
>Vaginal Jesus
>Angry Aryans
>Uncuck the Right

Oh, and if you want to know why conservative artists worry about losing work if they're outed...because surely not all the people who just run various entertainment businesses are liberals, why would they be...they're not. But they are...guess.

Pantera was just another thrash metal band that would've faded into obscurity if their band member hadn't been literally BTFO'd.
What did they do different from any other band in their genre?

The Misfits are literally who?

Who's that pokemon F A M

Because making art is about feelings, not thinking

>Richard Wagner was a conservative

I'm really fucking sick if this meme.

he got BTFO well after Pantera had ceased to exist, and he had formed Damage Plan, which turned out to be much more irrelevant than Pantera was.

Leftists and their revising of history knows no bounds.

Sorry bud, some of us are older than 13, we can actually remember what happened, not be spoonfed revisionism by faggots like you.

>not liking In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool

HONESTLY shit taste

Honestly I don't understand why any artist think I give a shut about their political views, I only care about their music

How did you not love AMSP? The Present Tense, Decks Dark and Identikit alone are in my top ten.

>Muse
>more technical prowess than Radiohead

HAHAHAHAHA

Radiohead virtually invented the electronica/rock genre.

>literally anti Bush

HURRRR CLEAR CONSERVATIVE VIEWS

Lots of great alternative American folk has right of centre members. Especially indie country groups who got big in the aughts.

Sorry, thought you were one of those cucks that only know about them because Walk still gets the occasional airtime.

Thanks for admitting your band is even LESS relevant than I previously implied.
You're being a big help tonight.

I love your subreddit

So how bout that Henry Rollins fella?

One thing I absolutely hate about Sup Forums is how shit everyone's taste in music is.

If you can't separate the artist from the the art then you're an idiot. And listening to pure "right wing approved" music is fucking cringeworthy to the extreme

>Bush
>conservative
you can't be serious can you?
The Bush family endorsed Hilary Clinton over Trump.

>takes 8 years to pay
>has the gall to say what to do with the money

>can't even view post ID's
>too underage to know Misfits or Pantera
>this weak b8
0/10

Or
Or
Or... Hillary isn't really that liberal after all huh?

What politics?

youtube.com/watch?v=XG_iD8epJag

15k isnt nothing when it comes to recording an album, ive paid for studio time myself, in '92? sheeeit trumps the reason radiohead got their first album off the ground, that is if its true and Ops not a fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

if you don't think this is a good song you are retarted

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns N' Roses, KISS are a few "conservative" bands.

ranker.com/list/republican-musicians-and-singers-conservative-bands-/famous-conservatives

quick google finds tons more

There are honestly TONS of conservative bands, the media just doesn't want to acknowledge their existence.

So? Radiohead is utterly BTFO by Muse when it comes to instrumental prowess.

Radiohead is babby's first alternative """rock""" band, early Muse is an actual rock band, at least until they went Radiohead-tier pretentious with electronica.

I was about to say Metallica's James Hetfield but in recent years he really toned down.

Instead go listen to Dave Mustaine's Megadeth my man: Dave's lyrics on the last album are simply Sup Forumsincarnate

>implying it doesn't apply to Obama or any other President as well.
Obama has actually bombed/droned more than Bush by double.

>hurrr he must be conservative, bombing is a conservative thing!
>their is clearly no corruption in the US establishment. Be a conservative and support the establishment!
no, thats not American conservatism anymore.

>not even American
>im the authority here!
lel

If you give a shit about a band's politics you are dumb. All my favorite bands are liberals, who cares. Trump 2016

>unironically being THIS pleb

Based as fuck !!!! I had a chat with him once when he came to shot some videos for his tv show

>Misfits
Ugh, you're forcing my hand here.

That skull?
Yeah I've seen it before on some fat ass goth chick's shirt in my senior class.

>Horror punk
That sounds gay as fuck, dude.

>KISS

The greedy Jew is a conservative?

Nah he's non-partisan. He's anti-SJW though.

This. Unless they are preaching political shit in their music it's completely irrelevant.

Only an idiot has to pertain his fucking political beliefs to every fucking thing he does

No Muse song can compare to the dense instrumentation of Bloom ALONE, and that's just one song out of 200+.

I know, I don't really give a shit about politics in music and I never have. But I don't like it when people make bullshit claims that you have to be a liberal cuck to make music.

I used to like misfits when I was a retarded teen, and yeah, they're kinda gay.
>you will never be able to forgive yourself for being so retarded all those years ago

How did you manage to fit that much wrong into one fucking post?

I would avoid becoming familiar with liberals and bands who support those ideals. They will be going to FLAVORTOWN soon cooking at a nice 616 degrees in my oven.

pantera

damn dude you are fucking cool

>trent reznor
>conservative

he was a full on Obama shill in 2008, don't know about now. regardless you shouldn't be listening to his shit past the age of maybe 16

Left wing fag.

Holy shit.

Musicians are liberals because DUDE WEED. Drugs and alcohol just make you more musically inclined. The left supports this.

Shouldn't you be prepping the emu Abonigger?

>Lynyrd Skynyrd
They are anti trump though.
I saw them at nascar and at the end of the show they said something like "America is already great, so be careful who you vote for"

What does Sabaton count as? I know they are Swedes, and are liberal, but they write songs about war, so they must know something of history.

>being this much of a pretentious faggot

Radiohead is literally SJW the band. Fans who go "UGHHH" and roll their eyes at the *unenlightened* who don't swallow Radiohead shit without question.

Radiohead is decidedly average, just like Blur and Oasis, except neither of those pretend to be the most avant-garde band in existence.

Many people Democrat and Republican alike voted for Obama in 2008. He seemed to be a great choice but turned out to be fucking trash. Many here also fell for the Obama bullshit.

Someone voting for Obama in 08 doesn't mean they switched ideologies and became a cuck.

All I have to do to disprove everything you think is to look at the ideological diversity within the 2 parties. Republicans have many competing philosophies challenging each other: libertarian, constitutional libertarian, nationalists, Bible thumpers, entrepreneurs and gun nuts to name a few.
Democrats have tidy prepackaged identity to hand to their hive minded paddy head followers to go with their new Apple product. It's Completely mindless.