Anthony Michael Hall rejected to have the main role in Full Metal Jacket because he got 1M$ with this movie

>Anthony Michael Hall rejected to have the main role in Full Metal Jacket because he got 1M$ with this movie

any other fuck ups in history of acting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ji9qSuQapFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eric Stoltz going method acting with Back to the Future

How do you method act Marty McFly?

you fuck your mother

Didn't a bunch of people refuse roles in GoT?

Did he fuck his own mother or Lea Thompson?

Denise Crosby quitting TNG after 1 season

Remember that time I left Nolan's Batman trilogy right before it blew up to massive proportions and defined a genre for decades to come?

Now I beg for TV show roles and voice video games

She also married Jamie Foxx, isn't she?

Damn, I see why Gary Oldman wifed young Uma.

You should watch Uma acting in Dangerous Liaisons.

Pure bonerkino

FMJ is pure garbage though

>Billy Crystal was originally offered the chance to voice Buzz Lightyear, but declined. After seeing the finished film, he said the decision was the biggest mistake of his career. Upon learning this, John Lasseter telephoned Billy's house to offer him the role of Mike Wazowski in Monsters, Inc. (2001). Billy's wife answered the telephone and said "John Lasseter wants to speak to you." Billy took the telephone from his wife and said "Yes".

Who would want to have Buzz sounding like a neurotic Jew? That's the complete opposite of the character. That's why there's no fucking hero Jew astronauts.

>married

Hes her baby's daddy

"quit" fired bro. nobody liked working with that alcoholic dyke. nobody.

>Give the role to Billy Crystal
>refused
>Give the same role to Tim "Conservative Creacionist and proud" Allen

what did Lasseter mean by this?

Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf because he 'didn't understand' the script.

Instead he chose to be Allan Quartermain in League of Extraordinary Gentleman, true kino.

youtu.be/Ji9qSuQapFY

They offered him a % of the film's profits too, in addition to his salary IIRC.

sean connery was offered gandalf and 10% of box office

tom cruise wouldn't do iron man because he didn't like the helmet covering his face

>he didn't like the helmet covering his face

If he only knew how Iron Man movies developed about that exact part...

>tom cruise wouldn't do iron man because he didn't like the helmet covering his face
tom said he's never been approached by Marvel or DC though, now he could be lying but any Iron Man rumors involving him were just that.

>Auditioned for the role of Lisa Rowe in Girl, Interrupted (1999). The role went to Angelina Jolie which won her a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her performance.

>Was considered for the title role in Lolita (1997), which went to Dominique Swain.

>She turned down the role of Rose DeWitt Bukater in Titanic (1997) as she had just finished working with Leonardo DiCaprio on Romeo + Juliet (1996). Though she described working with him on that film as a "treat", she admitted in an interview later that if she had accepted the role in Titanic (1997), she would not have been able to get away from him.

>Claire Danes was a top contender for the role of Penny Lane in Almost Famous. Actor who got the part: Kate Hudson

>Claire Danes won a role in Schindler's List, but turned it down because she couldn't arrange for tutoring in Poland.

>Claire Danes was considered for the role of Lois Lane in Superman Returns. Actor who got the part: Kate Bosworth

>Claire Danes was offered the lead female role in Good Will Hunting, but turned it down because she was too young at the time. Actor who got the part: Minnie Driver

>Danes auditioned for the role of Sabrina Davis in Dazed and Confused but was considered "too classy" by the director. Actor who got the part: Christin Hinojosa

JUST

>she would not have been able to get away from him.
What did she mean?

Probably a reference to constantly being cast together like Helena and Depp.

Damn, Anthony Michael Hall actually grew out of his geeky physique. I remember this movie being on Comedy Central way back in the mid-90's. The only thing that was good was all the hot chicks. Forgot RDJ was in this.

>what a shitty agent does to your career

Tim Roth was the first choice to play Snape in Harry Potter but turned it down to be the villan in the shitty 2001 Planet of the Apes.

Oh yes, because Full Metal Jacket really jump-started the career of... whoever played Private Joker

>Private Joker
Matthew Modine was already an established young actor by the time FMJ was released into theaters in 1987. He was in Private School (a guilty pleasure of mine because of Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell) and Vision Quest (one of the few movies that captures what high school wrestling is like). FMJ didn't hurt Modine's career and had Hall been casted, it would've added to his credentials without detriment.

>voice video games
Not a bad thing tho.

Well then, seems like I've been had

I now want to see an alternate version of LotR where Sean Connery is Gandalf. Just to think that in some version of reality it actually happened.

Roth was great in that

I doubt Marvel had money to get Cruise back then. RDJ even took a pay cut when he accepted the role.

Didn't jensen ackles turn down the role of capt america?

Sucks a commie faggot like evans got it.

she also killed her film career by going to college for a couple of years