Harrison Ford

I know he's a legend and I'm a huge fan of Harrison Ford, but isn't it about time he threw in the towel?
He's 75 years old and recent interviews show he's slowly growing senile. And now they're making a 5th Indiana Jones movie with him as the main character. Can't we just let him go and remember him fondly?

>hes 15 years past due

old man smells like shit

>spend months shooting a film with Ryan Gosling
>forget who he is

He's fine

He's a shekel grabber, he won't go away

Ford died in that plane crash where he supposedly broke his leg. what we have now is a cloned version of Ford using technology perfected by the Chinese

I feel the same way, though I don't understand why he hates Han Solo so fucking much.
I guess I can't blame him for wanting to make some more money and having some fun with another Indy movie though, I'd probably do the same in his position.

His age is obviously catching up to him. I don't think he's doing it for the money though, the man's probably completely loaded. But I think he agreed to Indiana Jones 5 just to have some fun.

Maybe he just doesn't want to retire and likes his job and staying active. But in ten years time he'll be in a old people's home that's for certain.

If you're talking about that Graham Norton interview where he kept forgetting Ryan Gosling's name, I'm pretty sure that was just him trying to be funny. I thought he was funny, but it didn't go down well with a lot of people and now everyone seems to think Ford's lost his mind.

There was a similar thing with John Cleese a couple years ago where he started going crazy and throwing fruit around during an interview and people thought he'd gone senile, forgetting that this was John Cleese we're talking about. He was using his own style of comedy to spice up a boring interview, but the internet was full of people talking about how he'd gone mad and old.

>I don't think he's doing it for the money though
Guy always hated Han Solo, wanted him dead in ESB and ROTJ, refuses to talk about it
Comes back 35 years later to play him again

He's like De Niro, last time he gave a fuck was 15+ years ago.

hell be fine

fans can, Hollywood will milk him for few more years

he looks really good for 75, not too many people can keep a head of hair like that into their mid 70s

The last decent performance from Ford was in The Fugitive. Everything after that was just "grumpy senile old man". And it doesn't help when his characters from his glory days keep getting resurrected just so we can see grumpy senile Ford reprisals.

This isn't exclusive to just the movie industry. Boomers everywhere are refusing to retire and hand jobs over to younger generations, like every generation before them. It's an epidemic with their generation and just another reason why they are the worst.

probably will ask to have indy killed in it. he's "too old for this shit"

He was about to but Star Wars happened and he shrugged and said, "Why not?"

That's my stance too.

He must've known what script Han Solo (written by George) was like and hates him the same way we hate Anakin "I hate sand" Skywalker.

>Maybe he just doesn't want to retire and likes his job and staying active

Yeah, I mean, the same could be said of

six days, seven nights

>implying millenials aren't the worst.
Boomers are shit but they have nothing on the twenty something faggots running around today.

He's just baked. Ford has always been a lover of the dank.

the fucker bit the hand that fed him by trash talking han solo so much. he never deserved his fame and will only wind up destroying his legacy by making more and more movies when he should clearly retire.

Spielberg and Lucas both confirmed they would not kill off Harrison Ford in the fifth Indiana Jones movie.

I've never watched Star Wars so I wouldn't know about all that stuff, but he's done other things you know. He's the star of the Indiana Jones franchise, he's done loads of other movies as well. I can't tell you why Ford chose to return to SW if he apparently hated it, but I can assure you he wasn't in any danger of starving. Money's not an issue for someone like him, he'll have millions and millions in the bank.

Well if you've been acting all your life, I can see how you'd like to continue doing it for as long as you can. Growing older also opens up new roles like grandfather characters and other things an actor did not get to play around with.
It also depends on the person I guess. Some people would love to retire and spend their final years in peace with their family and their money, while others would go mad and get bored wasting their final years in some huge mansion waiting for death. I assume Ford is one of those people who prefer to stay active rather than retire and take up golf.

Get off Sup Forums grandpa

>indiana jones 5
>...disney
It's going to be shit

You can't generalize about a huge studio with thousands of artists on its payroll.

>Indiana Jones 5
Jesus fuck, are you guys shitting me? Crystal Skull was 10 years ago, and even then it was shitty and it was just depressing to see a geriatric version of an 80s movie icon. But now it'd be even worse.

disney shill detected

Kathleen Kennedy is leading the production
so yeah, it'll be awful

Because Lucas was a godawful writer and Han Solo probably would've been a shit character if Ford hadn't talked him out of half the stupid crap he undoubtedly came up with

I'm not a shill, I just think it's like saying "Paramount eh? Into the trash it goes". These are vast companies. If Spielberg and Lucas are on board, being made by Disney will change nothing, they're not going to override the authorship of those guys.

Cause Star Wars has a single great movie, the rest is childless shit and he doesn't want to be remembered for it.

like hell you can't.

like hell they won't.

Like she and Frank Marshall did most of Spielberg's movies?

Kennedy's handling of zombie-Star Wars, an intrinsically flawed idea that nobody would have been able to redeem, doesn't change her track record of success. Also, Lord and the other cocksucker aren't great artists, and your defending their inability to do the work required of them is nice, but come on, Spielberg is Spielberg, and he has a long-standing relationship with Kennedy and Marshall.

I heard this in John Wayne's voice, but I still disagree.

Cowboys & Aliens

you,sir, smell like shill

No man, I just don't have this weird Disney-phobia you guys have. The Star Wars situation is a special and very stupid one - Lucas sold something that's so personal to him that the only way to make it recognisably itself is to have people doing impersonations of him forever. It's not like Star Trek where different voices can be expressed through the same universe, you have to be Lucas-y to seem Star Wars-y. Any producer would struggle with that brief - what people worth hiring want to act as ghost-directors, churning out imitations like the guys who did the Nancy Drew books?

>"That's the sad part about family kid... ya either die first or watch your loved ones rot before your eyes."

I know. I only read about it two days ago and it just boggles the mind. Why can't people let franchises die out and focus on creating new iconic franchises?
It's scheduled for 2020 so Ford will be about 78 while filming. Shia isn't returning (he was rumoured to take on the mantle), so it's going to be an action adventure movie starring a man nearing his eighties.
I kinda trust Spielberg and Lucas on this, but I still think they should've let it die.

>I can assure you he wasn't in any danger of starving. Money's not an issue for someone like him, he'll have millions and millions in the bank.
Nobody said he actually needed that money. Some people are very greedy and they never get enough. You'd think once they have several houses and cars they settle down. No they want more.

comedy gold

The same studio that shat TFA. Btw the writer Koepp, the director Spielberg and producer Kathleen Kennedy are the same that pulled Indy4. Everyone blamed George Lucas and conveniently forgot about the others