No, REALLY, guys

No, REALLY, guys.

What the FUCK was his problem? He fucked up a lot of peoples lives for NO reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note/userrecs
youtu.be/dJoPoZBbujw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boredom

jags sparrooo

How do I get into Ryuk mode?

He's a death god right?

The answer is he's a death god.

Are you talking about the Netflix one? Because that one seems like he's pretty much evil and wants to fuck people over.

The other adaptions don't really have him giving the note to anyone else. He's just following the crazy shit as it progresses because he's bored.

He was the grim reaper or some shit

Also apples.

>edgelord
>enjoys watching people suffer
>does nothing all day except for shitposting irl

/ourguy/

good question, what did he mean by this?

>The other adaptions don't really have him giving the note to anyone else. He's just following the crazy shit as it progresses because he's bored.
Sloth is a sin for a reason.

He likes iphones, ipads, ipods and iMacs

Japs don't believe in your puny god user.

Who is this semen demon?

for keks
he's Sup Forums personified

They definitely know about the 7 deadly sins though.

Any weebshits here can tell me if most anime are like these? I only watched death note

He's a big guy.

>evulz is not a valid reason

Are like what?

death note

Death note is pretty unlike most stuff

Anime is "I'm bored, I'll drop this note somewhere in the human world and see what happens" netflix is "I'm evil." But that change wasn't really the issue so much as taking a battle of geniuses and turning it into a shouting match between a whiny little bitch and a homeless nigger.

Different as to what? Only other anime I've seen was pokemon first season kek. Are the others ones more like fantasy cartoon like?

Majority is about magic girls or girls eating cake

Anime/manga delves into many different genres, probably more so than any other medium. If you want more shit like death note just google it

myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note/userrecs

We talking netflix or anime? Anime Ryuk was just incredibly bored cause his home world is shit and the only purpose of their existence is to end human lives. It's literally what keeps them alive.

Why are you asking such a stupid question

why do weebshits hate death note?

I don't hate it, I just think it's vastly overrated.

Most actually don't. They just know it will probably be one of the first anime's you watch when you get into anime so it's considered entry level.

what's some good animé to watch after death notuu?

I liked it

Samurai Champloo has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Because comparing Death Note to other weebshit is like comparing Nolan's batman trilogy to other capeshit

didn't he want to recover the book or some shit?

There is so much animé that is probably good, there is just such a large barrier to start watching all this weird shit

Monster(hbo considered to make live action)
Baccano
what are you into?

really wish the Netflix death note wasn't so shit. burger ryuk was miles better then the jap live action ryuk

See Specially
>probably be one of the first anime's you watch when you get into anime so it's considered entry level.

>no Robot Carnival

>No Steins;Gate

The wire prolly my favourite show, I also like those calm, slow paces conspiratorial political 70s movies, you know Three days of Condor, Parallax view

tarantino, wes andersson

Dostoyevsky is my favourite writer

anyway that jpg should be a good start m8

there is so much cool shit there I will never watch, depressing

>He fucked up a lot of peoples lives for NO reason.
OP, I know you are being retarded, but he DID have a reason.
When you kill someone with the death note, the shinigami that owns it extends his life for the amount of time stolen in that person's life.
In death note's universe, everyone's life time is already predicted and counted.
It makes sense he wants to give his deathnote to someone that uses it.
Also, he was bored with just being in heaven and playing D&D with other shinigamis

one punch man is the only anime you need.

I'm so sick of evangelion

>no Mind Game
I can't trust the opinion of someone's taste in anime if they don't know about one of the greatest films of the medium

Objectively shitty taste

Nope, serious anime is cringe.

>no death notuu

I can't trust the opinion of someone's taste in anime if they don't know about the one piece of the medium I've seen

>Trendy meme satire """comedy""" over one of the greatest achievements of the genre
The reason you're "tired" of it is because it's been relevant and popular for two decades

Not as cringe as what you just said to be honest

He's just an edgy cunt
You know those people, when someone famous dies, go "oh he was a dumb faggot anyways, good riddance hope he burns in hell"
He's that kid.

Original - He just wanted to see something interesting. He was really fucking bored.

Netflix - He was a total cunt who actively went about fucking things up for Light. Shit he threatened to kill him like five times in the movie. That's not what Ryuk was supposed to be like at all.

yeah because it's better as a vn

Then why do they keep using christian imagery and mythology in their cartoons. Like, even Death Note specifically talks about God all the time, and they even show specifically the bearded old guy Renaissance god.

No, they know about the 7 deadly homonculi.

No, in anime he stole someone elses Death Note specifically to give it to a human and watch the fun. It was a major part of the plot with the other Shiningami frantic to get it back, because he'd die soon enough without it.

In the Netflix one he's specifically shoving his own book into someone's hands just to watch him do something.

In Japan, they only have a superficial knowledge of Christianity/Judaism/etc so they are aware enough of it to consider it cool, but don't have any attachment to the faith. Kind of like how Japanese shit like ninjas and samurai are cool in the US but devoid of cultural or historical context.

Gnostic/Christian imagery is a treasure trove of interesting symbols for the uninitiated, but they don't actually care about the religion.

starting to watch Baccano ep1 rn, gonna live tweet

Damn this intro is cringey af, simultanously a bit cool, is it Japs pretending to be Yanks?

I fucking forgot about that Hans Moleman shinigami.

>Japanese CG better than Netflix CG
absolutely shameful

I was kinda disappointed with Monster
People told that it is psychology centered story, but honestly it was just a detective

They do have Christian weddings for some reason though

>one of the greatest achievements of the genre

LMAO THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT RAINBOWS IN A WEIRD PHILOSOPHICAL WAY

People that don't like that scene just don't understand kinography

The list is good but
>Summer Wars
How anyone can actually think this flick is decent?
>not a single interesting character
>muh super heavy-handed "family must stick together" message
>that whole "I'M GETTING HACKED" tier chase sequence

Yes it takes place in fictional Prohibition era New York

>but honestly it was just a detective

It is only that way is you purely look at it from Tenma's perspective. There were plenty of other characters it looks like you just ignored.

Yeah, but I expected something like Homunculus
It was still a good story though

11 minutes in
>black text
>The vice president doesnt say anything about the possibility of him being the main character

this is too much for puny western brain

this but unironically

Like a third of these are just on here because they look nice or have a scene or two that are famous not because they're "worthwhile"

Homunculus was psychological horror though. Urasawa doesn't write that kind of stuff.

20th/21st century boys was complete mystery/detective. Monster delved a lot into the mental states and psychology that almost all of its characters were experiencing, without making them all just insane.

He's not even the one who's death note it is, right? That's the one that killed himself for Misa because he was a weeb. I thought the gross owl one was the one he stole from.

I was only being ironic by saying kinograpghy. I meant what I said though.

I really need to read it again, I've forgotten so much. You are right, he stole I think Sidoh's death note, from what I remember Sidoh was a fucking idiot.

Johan motives could be boiled down to having a hard childhood and being exposed to bad things in society.
Tenma stayed an idealist from start to finish.
It was a good detective story, but I found psychological aspect lackluster

Overall I think 20th/21st century boys was a much better work, even with all weak parts

You'd probably like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Lots of plausible political intrigue.

The title makes it sound gay as hell, but I'll give it a shot

Baccanno is pretty gay after one episode, there is not a single character, just lots of "badass" complicated plot and people who are immortal (cause they can turn back time ??)

this is just aesthetic bullshit

you seem too stupid to follow the show

Arthur is also kino
youtu.be/dJoPoZBbujw

With the majority of anime you should go by the "three episode rule". You need to watch the first three episodes before deciding to drop it or not.

yeah I'm an idiot, an absolute oaf and all that

but what am I supposed to take out from the first episode what is this show even about?
cheers m8, Im a novice as hell with this Japanese cartoons, why is there so much good anime anyway?

Because weddings are really cool.

WTF IS THE PUSSYFOOT EXPRESS AND WHY SHOULD I GIVE A SHIT THAT ITS A "BEAUTIFUL TRAIN"

>waste time watching 3 crappy eps just to find out its crap

imbecile (You)

how many minutes until I can watch something else?

>two characters are in a gold mine
>"character name-Kun what are we doing here?"
>"digging gold"
how wasn't she told before they literally were inside the mine?

I didn't come up with the rule. Either way I'm sure you would have done something really constructive with that hour :^)

stop it, yozoh

They're supposed to be loveable idiots. The comic relief characters.

>to find out it's crap
Yes that's the point you fucking retard but occasionally you'll find out it gets better but you'll never know unless you find out.
>I know it's all crap because I watched a tiny bit of it
This should really be the motto of Sup Forums

yeah it was pretty funny how Isaac had the same exact smug face after both 6 and 9 months of finding nothing

Anime clearly isn't for you.

explain why in 250 words or more

Because you don't like it.

"Indeed! This train is perfect for our train robbery"

truly the medium of a patrician
actually the smug face thing was unironically funny

Watch TTGL instead.

>t was directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi, written by veteran playwright Kazuki Nakashima, and had been in development since the participation of the famed animator in the Abenobashi mecha-themed episodes by the same studio. Gurren Lagann takes place in a fictional future where Earth is ruled by the Spiral King, Lordgenome, who forces mankind to live in isolated subterranean villages. The plot focuses on two teenagers living in a subterranean village, Simon and Kamina, who wish to go to the surface. Using a mecha known as Lagann, Simon and Kamina reach the surface and start fighting alongside other humans against Lordgenome's forces.

y should I watch this? Reading the synopsis I think two bombs wasn't enough. Why is so much intellectual put into writing all these weird ass cartoons? Were did things go wrong for Japan?

see