Quiz champions for 6 years now. We nearly lost it two years ago, unjustly...

>Quiz champions for 6 years now. We nearly lost it two years ago, unjustly, because Gareth was quiz master then and the question was "what type of alien is Mr Spock?" and everyone put Vulcan, which is incorrect. Mr Spock is HALF Vulcan, half human, okay? And Gareth went "oh look just everyone gets one point" and I said "no no, everyone does not get one point. Carpet Munchers don't get a point, Dr Wankenstein doesn't get a point, Stephen Hawking's Football Boots don't get a point, I do". I had to go home to get a book to prove it, and uh they went "oh yeah yeah you're right again, well done, you've won, sorry". No apologies necessary, let's just get on with the quiz.

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjuc3vqudwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stephen hawking's football boots

Kek

the bbc for cancelling this amazing show

Gervais and Merchant for using the gag of Brent going home for ego-related reasons twice, the other time being the explanation of his guitar appearing between scenes (which works slightly less badly but was still contrived). This joke doesn't work because why would they wait for him to come back? After hours, he's not the boss. They have to stay at work, they don't have to stay at the same pub to resume an abortive quiz. Immersion ruined.

It wasn't cancelled, they stopped making it because they were out of material, and because Gervais genuinely thought people would put him on the level of John Cleese if his show had the same number of episodes as Fawlty Towers.

>he thinks a non mandatory work outing is actually non mandatory

fucking hell user

Slough isn't a very big place, he probably lives within 10 minutes drive.

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Oh Young Sheldor!

thanks didn't know that. did know Gervais was an arrogant asshole though so that's not a huge surprise

>over analysing a joke this hard

that's wrong, many British shows finish after two or three series as there isn't a culture of syndication

it's better this way since there is an end point in sight aren't obligated to carry on until everybody loses interest

I wasn't criticizing short seasons I was criticizing a man so arrogant he thought he could become as respected as one of Britain's best comedians just by shortening his series

I threw a copper kettle at Whoopi Goldbergs cat

Say it! Who's the Cuban leader?

I don't like Gervais but that's not the reason he did it

He never actually said anything like that. And The Office is better than Fawlty Towers anyway.

Get the fuck out of here you bastard. Fawlty towers is maybe the best sitcom of all time.

This post.

Go to bed son.

Gervais said the show had run its course. Two series and one special wrapped up the plotline and that's all it needed. Meanwhile, the American version kept going until it was a fucking corpse.

in England the landmark comedies are porridge, only fools and horses and Monty python and co's works these are held in far higher regard than the office I'm not speaking personally here as from a subjective standpoint I agree with you but in the comedic world he would be ridiculed for even attempting to say that

>porridge, only fools and horses
No one gives a fuck about these anymore.

in fairness, the series was pitched with the phrase how much meat is left on the bones of a British comedy

Brent was in the right. I would've done the exact same thing in his position.

>reading is for spastics

hi ricky

Odd lie to tell.

>Brent was in the right.
No he wasn't. The question was "what kind of ALIEN is Mr Spock". Human is not an alien and so is irrelevant to the question.

Can humans not be considered aliens to life forms from other planets?

>a half human isn't alien

>fray bentos

am I missing something? you mean the training day episode where tim turns to the camera and says "he went home to get it" as david is playing to them in the circle?

thats during work hours?

oh yeah yeah you're right again, well done, you've won, sorry

Well he's just as much of an arrogant twat as Cleese so he was right.

The best thing about The Office are the outtakes
youtube.com/watch?v=qjuc3vqudwg

now get that dog out of my sight

Thanks, I will