youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8
youtube.com/watch?v=CinvQ1uqqao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally who?

t. McGanon

best companion

Worst companions boiz?

Nardole

Whilst we're on the topic of 8 cosplays, what do you think of mine?

Is that a framed picture of Che Guevara?

Hmmm....not bad.

Fitz Kreiner.

Wouldn't "t. not McGanon" have made more sense?

How does it feel being a brony, Tom?

What do you 13’s TARDIS look like? Interior and police box.

Doctor Who is dead.

Interior: like the Fourth Doctor's secondary console room.

Exterior: Pic related

Doctor dead is Who

I kind of want the 1998 movie with cracked windows and black frames.

Not just a brony, but a furry brony too!

>Doctor Dead is Who

Yeah

18 posts so far and this has already been instantly worse than the last thread. That's pretty incredible.

when will watchlets learn?

>That day we met, I remember well
>You were quite special from head to tail
>And so forever, we shall prevail as best of pony friends

>And every moment I talk to you
>I have to smile from ear to ear
>I think it's clear the level of cheer, as friends we all can share

>You are a part of me
>the friend that every pony needs
>just know you will always be
the light of my every day

>I know the battles we face are rough
>I see that you have had enough
>Just know that when you lay down to rest
you truly did your best

>Good friend before you go
>There is something you will have to know
>As you gallop into the stars, remember we will be there

>And as I grasp you in embrace
>Before you wander off in grace
>You'll live in an eternal place
in the hearts of us, your friends

>Now until eternity, friend
>This moment here is not the end
>The magic of friendship binds us all in our happiest of herds

>This is dedicated to all of the brave stallions, mares, fillies and colts we know that have died of faced untimely death.

Thank you for your reviews, McGanon. Sorry that Simultaneity was, uh, so graphic.

>I am become Edge

Indeed, we all have.

This just looks like you're calling Amy the best companion.

I'm adding this information to your wiki page.

don't spread these lies, lym. i like amy but i have a personal grudge against her

No problem, Immigrant. It was unexpectedly graphic, but like I said... very well written.

>MCGANON WRITES EIGHT/AMY POND FIC ON HER SPARE TIME

holy shit it's real

this is incredible

Can anyone recommend any earstories which people don't really mention that much? I quite like the more darker stories but I'm quite open to anything, really.

at some point, it basically becomes a self-insert

>I've always had a soft spot for all things Scottish.
t. eight (literally)

That one doesn't really look anything like 8 but
looks amazing

My Internet Is Still Dead So Check Last Thread (for feedback replies) Edition

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
WEDNESDAY EDITION (cont'd)
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES

>The Parting of the Crisps
By Neo

>Lost Jellyfish
By TooManyTime

>The Soul Bug, Part 2: The Growth
By Catharticspurious

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

I agree with this.

I'd cosplay Eight myself but I have no money for costumes or any friends to cosplay with rip

I want to make a Capaldi cosplay because I have the right hair but I don't have the money to get a detailed one

Some MR stories that are mentioned less often than they'd deserve:
The Fearmonger
...ish
The Council of Nicaea
The Settling
Son of the Dragon
The Eternal Summer
The Emerald Tiger
Protect and Survive

See, Capaldi would probably be my favourite to cosplay, but my hair is absolutely nothing like his so I can't really do it.

Red. It's a Seven with Mel story, but it's incredibly violent for a Who story, and uses Mel's perkiness to good effect, as a contrast to everything else.

I've seen quite a few gigs working for Capaldi.
If you have a costume, it's not too hard to find friends to cosplay with at cons.

Yeah, I feel like it's not a big deal if your hair is different though. I might just end up dressing as 4 again since I was able to throw together a really good costume for him

I've only heard the Fearmonger out of the list you put there and I have to say it was really good - thanks for those, I'll try them out at some point.
I've heard some people say that they really didn't like Red but unfortunately I can't remember why. However I like 7/Mel so I'll give it a try, thanks.

>HonoraryDoctor's livejounral.
His recommended patterns lead to dead sites

>it's a "The Pilot but historically accurate" episode

What?

The Doctor's photographs were probably taken around 2005 or so, and back then every photograph seemed to have a timestamp on it for some reason.

It's oldas fck (I mean, it's on livejournal for fucck's sake) but when it comes to baisc fucking info it's fucking great.

If they were going to turn any of the Virgin Missing Adventure range of books into an audio, which would you choose?

Any news on Paul McGann and Holby City? Has he seen sense and walked away from it, or is he still pretending it was a good career choice? I know he pulled out of cons because of the hectic filming schedule... a schedule which really isn't worth his time.

i have not read any of them

thank you for your contribution, user

small problem with that, Lym - Mary Tamm's been dead for 5 years.

>If they were going to

It's not gonna happen, so that's what I would've liked most had they done it in the past. Briggs is more concerned with shitting out the FDAs.

There are only a handful that BF have not adapted yet and have the right actors to do.
Something with the earlier, brasher Sixth Doctor that BF rarely used would be good - Burning Heart, Time of Your Life and especially Killing Ground, which is by far the best Cybermen novel.
If they had no limitations, on the other hand... Cold Fusion they have already done, I loved Managra but that isn't the kind of story BF could translate well to audio. Pic related would be my choice.

The illustrator shoud have made her boobs bigger

The fact that so many reviewers still name Robert Holmes as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" Doctor Who writer ever only tells you how far the show still is from becoming a serious drama. Big Finish reviewers have long recognized that the greatest writers of all times are Robert Shearman and John Dorney, who were not the most famous or richest or most lauded of their times, let alone of all times. Book reviewers rank the highly controversial Lawrence Miles over writers who were highly popular in sales in Europe. Doctor Who reviewers are still blinded by fan opinions. Holmes episodes were viewed more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Big Finish reviewers grow up listening to a lot of stories of the past, book reviewers grow up reading a lot of books of the past. Doctor Who reviewers are often totally ignorant of the episodes of the past, they barely know the DWM classic top 10. No wonder they will think that Robert Holmes did anything worthy of being saved.

>Book reviewers rank the highly controversial Lawrence Miles over writers who were highly popular in sales in Europe

I'm not sure whether you're saying it was popular or a best seller, but neither one is a sure measure of quality.

/who/ seems to be asleep so I will join it.
Goodnight.

patrish pasta

Melanon would unironically agree with this.

What does /who/ actually think of Robert Holmes?

If each trip was a Doctor, which would they be?

>First Doctor: Wanderer
>Second Doctor: Friendly Neighbourhood user
>Third Doctor: Guy With An Art Degree
>Fourth Doctor: Chantho
>Fifth Doctor: Gallifrey_Immigrant
>Sixth Doctor: Cats
>Seventh Doctor: RobMcCoy
>Eighth Doctor: McGanon
>War Doctor: Twinkanon
>Ninth Doctor: Nilso
>Tenth Doctor: Edge
>Eleventh Doctor: Neo
>Twelfth Doctor: Cloister

>>Fifth Doctor: Gallifrey_Immigrant
Because he's the worst?

You'd probably be Thirteen because of all the drama desu

>Eight is Mcganon, Edge is Ten
How obvious.

Deserves to have a bigger reputation in the history of British TV.

By all accounts, he does. There are more Doctor Who fans who talk about Holmes than there are people who talk about Dennis Potter these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=XD-HskmdzvQ

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=kXe44ReIGpo

kek user

Fuck that's one of my favourite songs ever, thanks for linking this comfy version McGanon.

Had a sad dream /who/. Dreamt I lived with my first crush and had a Fifth Doctors (NOT) Hartnell figure.

>Fifth Doctors

Wait, that's Hartnell as the Fifth Doctor? Also, sorry about your dream.

My pleasure, user.

I went looking for more and now I'm watching videos of McGann signing embarrassing photos of himself.

Wait am I mistaken?
It's the one who looks nothing like Hartnell in the Five Doctors right?

I'm tempted to look up what they are doing, should I?

wake up /who/

>should I

Go ahead.

I didn't glean much anons. Seems they are still about but are at least conscious of their privacy.
Apparently they are part of a film making club now and acting. That's good I suppose.

Anyway /who/
Would you travel with the Tardis to the past or future?

>Would you travel with the Tardis to the past or future?
If I was travelling alone and it was a one-time deal, maybe the past. I'd hate it if I went to the future and it was amazing, and then I was forced to go back to living in the current year. Plus, I'd like to see some dinosaurs.

If it was travelling to the past or future with the Doctor, however... I don't think I'd have to choose. In part because he probably wouldn't land us in the correct place anyways, but also because he's terrible at giving one-off deals for people who want to stick around for more.

Are... are you my mummy?

Glad you enjoyed it! A lot of the Eccleston stuff is pulled from actual quotes of his (milky adonyne culture, I self regulated, throwing shade at Britishname Complicated, etc.).

Solitare is skipped over by a lot of people since it's a companion chronicle not actually in season 2 of 8's monthlies, but it's a good story.
Mary's Story gets overlooked sometimes because it's not actually part of the Mary Shelley and it's part of a strange one off collection, but it's one of my very favourite audios and one of the smarter examples of how big finish used to work within their constraints.

I recommend Red and Night Thoughts for more explicitly dark stories.

If you're willing to venture outside of Doctor Who, Corpse Day is a terrific and horrifying Torchwood audio, great example of well managed darkness.

I broadly agree that the the continuing veneration of Holmes is regressive, but while I lke John Dorney well enough, he's certainly the best of the regular in-house guys, but the idea of him being anywhere near Shearman in quality or skill is laughable imo. And his times aren't in the past, he's literally in the most active stage of his career with big finish right now.

Some of those are on point but I'm curious about your reasoning for me!

If it was a one time deal, the future, if it was a multiple time deal, the past first.

>I broadly agree that the the continuing veneration of Holmes is regressive, but while I lke John Dorney well enough, he's certainly the best of the regular in-house guys, but the idea of him being anywhere near Shearman in quality or skill is laughable imo. And his times aren't in the past, he's literally in the most active stage of his career with big finish right now.

It's a Sup Forums copypasta about the Beatles I converted to be DW-related

>Some of those are on point but I'm curious about your reasoning for me!
We call him "The Meme Doctor" for a reason, Neo.

Love this emme

Kek, my bad. I love the Beatles, Revolver is a favorite albumin of mine, but, controversial opinion time, the Beach Boys easily eclipsed them with Pet Sounds, and even Smile as an unfinished work handily trounced most of their output. Brian Wilson as one man beset by constant criticism and uncooperative bandmates transcended what the four Beatles (and a supportive producer) working together accomplished. Hoo vava vori.

What's /who/ with you?

Yeah, Revolver is great. I haven't listened to much music lately though because I always feel annoyed for not being good enough which I worry will worsen the writer's block

>tfw you go to the future and it's full of super sjw's and even your most liberal opinions are insultingly backwards and the technology is so incomprehensible you can't really enjoy it

I loved this guy in Dead Like Me.

Needs more graphic

Nah, not me. I don't write, sorry! Art is more of my thing.

Hey Neo, i listened to your shit trip audios, i like how much effort you put into them, enjoyed them all, particularly the parting of the crisps

A mind needs books the way a sword needs the whetstone

I don't understand this meme

Would the Doctor/Rose relationship had still happened if Eccles didn't quit, and went on to do series 2 and maybe 3?
yes I know I posted this the other day but not that many people responded [/spoiler

a romance between eccleston and rose feels creepier than a romance between tennant and rose because tennant looks younger

youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8

Post ultimate comfy scenes

Oh, I like to read! I'm just not one for writing them myself, much too nervous.

Yes, probably, but

Yeah, I agree but there was the kiss they shared (even if it was to get the vortex out of her or whatever), so RTD might have been planning something

youtube.com/watch?v=CinvQ1uqqao
I wish we had more episodes about a small scale mystery on a suburban street

I agree, as shit as Fear Her is, I'm not afraid to say that it is legitimately one of the comfiest episodes of New Who.

Twelve/River romance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eleven/River romance

do you think 13 will have a love interest?