Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?

kill yourself

Tradition is reason enough.

People aren't rational.

Especially not religious people.

You are confusing atheism with nihilism.
You don't have to be religious to respect customs and symbolism.

nice bait

1/10 for getting me to respond

>atheist religion

(you)

Atheists are like silly edgy teenagers that never grew up.

They want to be above the rest of society by believing in nothing, but they are not above their human nature.

That is the reason for their inconsistent behaviour, like funerals, or why they are so quick to stick to any ideology that presents them easy answers and fills the void of religion, like many sj atheists do, or why they end going for big government because it fills the role of a provider god they still need to believe in.

This.

I'm convinced a lot of atheists are simply atheists simply because their parents never bothered raising them with religion in mind. Also besides tradition, culture, and customs-- there's the aspect of paying respects to and seeing a loved one a final time.

>why they are so quick to stick to any ideology that presents them easy answers and fills the void

isn't that exactly why people are religious?

>They want to be above the rest of society by believing in nothing, but they are not above their human nature.

LOL no, they just don't believe in a GOD, idiot. Show me an atheist that doesn't think he's human, and I'll show you the prophet of a new religion.

Atheist funerals:
>Grandpa dies
>Close relatives go to his place to pick up the corpse
>No funerals, so as soon as cops are done with paperworks, it's up to the family to get rid of it
>Don't want to get fined for the terrible smell
>Try to put it in trash can
>He doesn't fit
>Try to saw him in two the bath
>His saw is rusty
>Go to the neighbor to borrow his chainsaw
>Sharing has no place in amoral atheism
>Ask for money
>Family poor as dirt
>They all get fucked in the ass as a payment
>Sex is a formal type of currency in atheism
>Finally get to chop the old fuck in half
>Total mess
>He's just a dead bag of meat anyway
>Compassion has no place in atheism

FOR PURE ATHEIZM MORAL EXAMPLE DO GOOGLE "DILLEM OF PRESIONER"

ATHEIST RELIGION BASIS:
1 RITUAL OF FALSIFICATION
2 SCAINCISTS IERARCHY

>>They all get fucked in the ass as a payment
>>Sex is a formal type of currency in atheism

Cause someone they just loved died and they don't know what the fuck else to do with themselves. So they follow the usual customs cause it gives them some structure and gives everyone else something to do (comfort the loved ones of the departed) cause they don't know what do to either but people want to do something cause if they didn't they would feel bad and like they weren't doing anything to help (which they can't).

This guy gets it.

Funerals and wakes are, and always have been even under the guise if religion, for the living.

Im surprised this hasn't been said yet tbhfam.

THIS

ONLY PROBLEM WITH ATHEIZM-ONLY 5% NON RETARDED POPULATION CAN LEARN AND USE IT

Funerals are more for the living to pay respects, gather, and say goodbye.

Most times the dead have no real say in what happens to their body after they pass away unless they leave detailed instructions. Most don't.

An atheist who comes from a religious family or even a non-practicing religious family is generally going to be buried in the manner of that religious affiliation.

Fuckin shrug

with this stupid question. sigh.

You don't need to be religious to take a moment to honour the dead with friends and family, what the fuck.

>implying we care

I will literally throw my children's corpses in the dumpster if they die and let them decompose in a landfill. Hopefully some maggots can enjoy feasting on their rotting flesh, that's the circle of life you pussy faggot.

To pay their respects to the being that no longer exists...

Why don't religious faggots treat funerals like a fucking wedding and birthday party? Their friend just made it to the best place on earth according to their bullshit fairy tales, what's with all the fucking moping around and crying?

I will most likely get a funeral (while being atheist) because it's a bitch to get removed from churches records that you're a christian and I don't care that much what happens to your corpse.
That's probably why most atheist (at least here) people still get religious service.

Also, funeral is mandatory by the law.
If it was up to me, I'd just have my corpse burnt and ashes flushed in the toilet so there's no memory of me sans what I accomplish in life.

An atheist does not believe in deities

Are you implying a person must believe in deities to treasure & respect the memory of a dead loved one? To care for their remains and gain closure?

Also, FYI

The Maasai who believe in supreme God Engai don't have any funerals

They just leave the corpse out for animals to eat unlike neighboring tribes

He really doesn't.

It sort of makes more sense for atheists to have funerals desu. If you're religious your faith says the person isn't there anymore, they've moved on someplace else and the body is literally an empty husk. If you don't believe in souls then the body's all that's left and in a way it IS you so it makes more sense to give it a proper burial.

I'm not even a fedora but this is pretty interesting if you think about it.

How can you believe atheism doesn't lead to atheism when your beliefs literally say your nothing more than an evolutionarily create computer, The Universe will die without any chance of humans making a difference, and their is no force that exists by necessity to apply any intrinsic meaning.

>they don't know what the fuck else to do with themselves. So they follow the usual customs cause it gives them some structure and gives everyone else something to do
Sounds a lot like religion to me.

Believing in God is not religious. Respecting your father is not religious. It is normal. Part of the human experience. Read the Quran and the bible and you realize the bible is true, it isn't a religion. But a guidebook on being human.

Mark my words atheists

I'm more curious why Christians do this? It's a fucking pagan ceremony.

I wonder why they have marriages.

If you want just to fuck you do not need some wacky ceremony, do you?

Again, you are confusing atheism with nihilism.

Atheism is not the forfeit of human emotions, it's simply the lack of belief in a God. If you aren't a hardcore fedora atheist then your thought process isn't any different from a Christian.

who gave you a computer?

THIS

why do australians make such dumb threads

Why are religious people sad at funerals, they should be happy shouldn't they?

>Why do atheists have funerals?
Because unlike religious people, they don't believe the deceased went on to another world. They believe the body is all that remains of their loved one, so they pay their last respects before disposing of it.
>Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?
To remember the person that is now decomposing and say goodbye.

The real question is why don't rwligious people celebrate that their loved one went to paradise?

>gosh cuz my STUPID LAME family broght me here, fuck id rather be wathcing ANIME but thye just dont understand me. fuck this is sooo boring

They do.

Give me any argument as to why atheism shouldn't lead to atheism. I've put my arguments out there and they seem quite objective.

>How can you believe atheism doesn't lead to atheism
Wat
>when your beliefs
What belief?

Atheism is about not believing in deities

>your nothing more than an evolutionarily create computer
One of many perspectives on life

Buddhists think our goal is nirvana, Communists think our goal is glorious worker's paradise, Nazis think the goal is the extermination of all non-whites, Hedonists think the purpose if pleasure, it all comes down to preferences

Just because there's no inherent meaning in life doesn't mean one cannot choose one for themselves

Children, friends, lovers, a career, good music, all manner of things

>The Universe will die without any chance of humans making a difference
Maybe, but does it really matter? No

I personally think we're gonna transcend nature one day with nothing but spit, elbow grease, and fiery human spirit

To respect life and understand the impact of mortality.
I'm a Christian, and even I understand the respect the godless give to the dead.

>why do dumb people ask questions on pol?

>why do they pretend they know anything about how the world works

>i literally can't speak english

>why?

Xayide > Childlike Empress

Same reason I dress up for dinner parties. Dressing appropriately for the occasion has nothing to do with religion. The corpse is dressed up for the same reason, it is appropriate.

If I'm not mistaken Christians also believes a corpse is just decomposing matter, since they make a point out of the soul being a separate entity. That's why they bury the body, instead of trying to perserve it like the ancient Egyptians, or cremate it to "free the soul" or something. Christians have no problem with letting the body decompose. Unlike baptism the funeral doesn't hold much religious significance.

well atheists claim they are rational people

so why do they waste corpse they could have feast on or give to a dog

and why they waste a place on cemetery? and their precious, limited time (and money) to set up a ceremony?

economy is most important and it is all about scarcity, so why they waste so many resources just on their feelings?

But there is meaning in life. Read the bible it's the wisest most thought provoking book out there

I don't get why religious people don't suicide and poof themselves to eternal happiness

I mean shit, if there was another realm full of anime waifus, chocolate fountains, and other joys I'd off myself faster than Brendon Fraiser after watching his old wedding videos
>Give me any argument as to why atheism shouldn't lead to atheism
Can't argue there

Atheists tend to be atheists

I want to get raped by this woman.

are you actually this dumb

Define "atheism".
The dictionary says it's simply the lack of belief in a God.

You are committing the fallacy of believing that human values and emotions come from religion but that's simply not true.
A simple example of that are the atheist indigenous tribes in the Amazon, they never heard of religion but they are still humans who have their customs and code of conduct towards abstract concepts like respect to the dead and symbolic rituals.

To show off their most prized fedora :^)

lol

These threads are always retarded but it makes a lot more sense for atheists to care about funerals than Christians. When an atheist's friend dies they're gone forever and you feel sad about it; when a Christian's friend dies they basically go to eternal Disneyland. Frankly I'm surprised Christians even bother having funerals at all; if they were smart they'd just toss the corpse somewhere and pray they were next in line for paradise.

Go suck a dick is my answer. Everything wonderful that humans have experienced has been experienced in THIS WORLD. Without your definition of a personal Jesus god.

We do things to remember, to honour, to achieve, to experience, to LIVE. Because it's what we do. Atheists have the same brains and emotions as you; why would having some theory about a long dead Jewish Caanite 'GodSon' make you any different from me?

>Why do atheists have funerals?
The funerals are for the living not the dead.

Also into the with these worthless Sup Forums tier threads all fucking day.

>But there is meaning in life
How?
>Read the bible it's the wisest most thought provoking book out there
My mom is christian, my dad is muslim

I've read both books

They're interesting compilations of pseudo-history, poetry, mythology, and philosophy

But they don't hold anobjective"meaning of life"

Because suicide leads to hell...

Because we are all made in the image of God, that's why every human group will act emotional, spiritual, and have customs. Because we have an innate programming to worship God. He is in us. Just our job to find him

>The Universe will die without any chance of humans making a difference
Says you.

Nobody on this website believes in God

It's still fun to debate anyway

Sure, you can believe that if you want, it actually negates the argument that atheists are emotionless automatons.

(You) #
#
#
THIS

Early Christians had to be told to stop fucking killing themselves all the time by the Church since they were usually like "wait, you mean that instead of getting assraped by my master every night after lugging around 100+ pound rocks everyday while being whipped I can go to paradise? fuck yeah!"

Good so you've read both books. Now tell me why do they both have the same history? Are the history books the only form of history? It isn't pseudo history, it is an objective view on history from a narrow viewpoint. The mythology and philosophy are both pretty similar, but the bible is truer. It even prophecies that Islam will become a major religion. Islam is an offshoot of Christianity. Anyway, the bible is the philosophy, written by divinely inspired people. The only problem is that it was canonized so there could be some falsities in it. But if you read between the lines you should be able to figure it out.

>Because suicide leads to hell
That's dumb

If a movie sucks shit you have the right to get up and leave the way you came rather than opening another door into an encore presentation

I think atheists corpses should just be taken by garbage trucks like other soulless trash matter.

Yeah it does, but willfully not walking with God is an extremely difficult task and starts to lead to subconscious worship of other things. Also in the end it won't be so nice for the atheists.

>Tradition
Same reason many religious holidays fall on pagan holidays.

>Straya

Makes sense. If Christians really believed their own bullshit deep down then I imagine their funerals would be completely joyous affairs devoid of any mourning. I know that if one of my friends got whisked away into the realm of eternal bliss I sure as hell wouldn't cry about it because I wanted him to be stuck with me on dreary old Earth--how selfish can you get?

Not if the only reason you are watching the movie is to see the ending. You have to realize that in this universe, you're essentially powerless. Anyone can come fuck you up and kill you and take your shit at anytime. If you leave the movie, then you won't see the ending. And someone who is leaps and bounds more wise than you made you watch the movie. So if you get up and leave, you'll never understand anything. Just be in an eternal hell.

Suicide and genocide (self genocide, usually) are actually typical atheist values, along with the cultural destruction of the host country.
SJWism, no border, Animal Rights, pedos, degenerates and even islam to a broad extent, they are all byproducts of atheism.

I really don't understand atheism. Organized religions are retarded, but believing in a Higher Power isn't. Atheists are truly mentally ill

This is the kinda idiocrity that drives me away from Sup Forums time to time. Like now.

what the actual fuck are you doing lol

>cultural destruction of the host country.

You mean like Islam?

>Now tell me why do they both have the same history?
They don't

For fucksake they even mix up Ishmael and Isaac due to ethnic biases

>Are the history books the only form of history?
Yes and no

>It isn't pseudo history, it is an objective view on history from a narrow viewpoint
Zero evidence for the kingdom of Israel as depicted in the bible

Zero evidence of the plagues and red sea miracle

Zero evidence of Babel

Zero evidence of Iram of the Pillars

Zero evidence of the census of Jospeh's time

So on and so forth

>Anyway, the bible is the philosophy, written by divinely inspired people.
Prove it

>You mean like Islam?
Exactly. Atheists love islam, many european converts come from the atheist ranks

Its like a break up the person is stil alive but you wont see them anymore

you all are psychopatic virgins so, you probably dont understand

There's no point in discussing this any further if you only speak in vague, unfalsifiable terms.
These kinds of scare tactics don't work if the person doesn't believe in supernatural forces to begin with and I think this is the part where religious people get confused.
It's not that the atheist is "choosing the degenerate path", it's just that he doesn't use religion to explain his morals (which aren't any different from a religious person's).

>Christian using virgin as an insult
Wew lad, there's some irony for you. Plus you'll get to see your buddy eventually too right? Why be sad that he got a head start? Are you envious? That's a sin you know.

>Suicide and genocide (self genocide, usually) are actually typical atheist values, along with the cultural destruction of the host country.
Weird

The Japs are as fedora as it gets and they'll be damned before they let subhumans or SJW in

How you breathe considering how fucking retarded you are?

But user, they do have the same history... You're being ignorant. Ishmael is the descendent of Muhammad,

Zero evidence? I implore you to legitimately research the history. All those things are recorded somewhere. Every single character in the bible is real, Jesus was real. He's even in secular history books.

Because it says it is. And you have to admit the writing there is genius... How can you ask for proof of that? You're deceiving me because it's unprovable on the Internet from one user to another. If you open your heart to it, it will prove itself to you

because atheists have a reason to be sad when someone dies.

Why are christians?

It's tradition you cretin

>virginity is bad

Wow, and you claim to hate degenerates

so many fallacies
where to begin

>The Japs are as fedora as it gets
Japs don't have an organized religion, but they are a very spiritual people. Look at them now.
Being against organized religion but still believing in a higher power is patrician tier.

Spirituality is a basic human need, denying it just means opening the door to monstrosities like islam and superstition

Agnostic master race fag

going to heaven when you die is a stupid idea , think of that your wife is getting fucked in the ass by a nigger and you have to watch that , some paradise

I'm not trying to scare you, I'm only tellin you the facts. And your morals aren't any different if you were raised with Christian morals (coincidentally the best kind?) God made everyone that's why it's easy to be similar. And being godless is inherently flawed in being human because you believe nothing is above you. Also, you start subconsciously worshipping things. It's in our nature.

I wanted to reply, then I checked your flag, fag.

Who's religion is the biggest benefactor to black africa again?

>People who have a higher focus are less rational than hollow fedoralords

RMYT

They don't believe in deities

They're atheists

Did you forget what we're talking about?

>Spirituality is a basic human need
[citation needed]

>denying it just means opening the door to monstrosities like islam and superstition
Islam is a religion, dumbfuck

And

>forgetting the witchunts

For the family.
As a celebration of ones life
As a way to ssy goodbye.

I just btfo of you

You've got a pretty unusual idea of what heaven looks like man

Holy shit what a retard