How does it feel knowing that the actors portraying your beloved superheroes never actually gave a fuck about the...

how does it feel knowing that the actors portraying your beloved superheroes never actually gave a fuck about the characters or their comics? it's simply an acting gig to them. it's for the money and thicc brown chicks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYCVnWStLrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some actors seem to be interested in their characters. Andrew Garfield and RDJ, for instance, or Christian Bale.

In the case of Miles Teller, it was pretty clear to me that no one involved in that film gave a shit about the characters - including the director and the studio - so it doesn't really surprise me. In fact, I'm pretty sure Trank insisted that the cast read no FF comics in prep for the role.

What is your point exactly

B-B-But Affleck!

I wouldn't care if comic creators and Sup Forums still gave a fuck about characters or their comics and everything wasn't just movie advertising.

it's more strange to me when it's voice actors.
not so much that they don't watch a ton of cartoons, but that they don't seem to watch much of -anything-. they have the easiest job in the world, with the best hours, one I desperately hope to join someday, yet apparently are "too busy" to watch even the things they've been in, let alone the related things.

>it's for the money and thicc brown chicks.
Doubt he got that from being in the movie

In cases like Tara Strong, it'd probably be too hard to keep track of all the stuff.

Better than how I feel about the writers being the same way.

VA pays very poorly. You often have to take tons of roles, and many of them are going into a studio and recording an hour of random grunts.

There's no way to keep up with all the things you're involved in, because you need to be in a hundred projects a year to make rent.

They don't watch cartoons because they're grown adults with better things to do.

it is pretty weird to me that an average fan always knows more about the franchise than the actual actors that star in them. it's like they don't even take the time to watch it, or anything related to it beyond what they star in.

>tfw you'll never see this face as you insert your genetalia into hers.

fml

How does it feel to be a stupid, attention seeking mellinial.
...better yet keep it to yourself

Wow is this the wrong corner of the Internet for you!

If you can, try to understand that all forms of media are just systems to deliver stories.
They can be written and developed for any age group.

>Some actors seem to be interested in their characters. Andrew Garfield and RDJ, for instance, or Christian Bale.
At best they were into the cartoons. At worst, it was PR

Wow you know that is remarkable! It's almost like knowing more about the steak your eating than the server delivering it to you!
Unheard of i say!
Who didn't know every detail of their occupation these days I swear!

hi bronie

It depends on the project. I love working on TMNT as of now, and think the writing is of movie quality. I watch it and go "wow" everytime.

Other shows though, like the stuff on Disney isn't relevant to me though.

We make most money doing commercials until our name is more recognized. The name is easily what gets you hired, then your acting, then your voices. Tara Strong gets paid a fuckton, but she also does cheap stuff too. Commercials however are the quickest ways to make cash.

Not true. We're all fucking horny-ass adult-children with weird shady backgrounds. Seriously, there's some odd stuff between some VAs. There's a big one however that, while incredibly talented and is an awesome person, is a person I call "The Devourer of Dick". She's a madwoman, and you'd never, ever, EVER expect it to be her. I'm serious, like, I was kinda freaked out when I heard about the shit she's done. And no, I'm not referring to Tara Strong.

And how did affect your life other than coming to a hole in the Internet attempting to be irritating?

Here's your (you) baby child
I'm off, I hope you find something better to do with your time

I don't, and have never given a shit. Hollywood has always been shit.

Newsflash, Actors don't need to know the history of the characters they're playing beyond the movie/show they're in.

It's work for them. It's a job. Yes, some people out there love their job so much that they research past iterations of their work by prior employees - but for the most part, no.

There's no obligation on an actor to LIKE the character they're playing outside of the movie they're in, or even then. Some actors find it easier to NOT give a shit about the character.

In any case, anyone who gives even half a shit what actors do and don''t give a shit about is just sad. So prime Sup Forums material

/thread

why would anyone want a brown woman?

Some actors don't seem to give a shit and I don't expect them to be lifelong diehard fans, but there are some that are actual fans of the characters they're playing. We all know how much Ryan Reynolds put his heart into Deadpool. Sebastian Stan is probably one of the biggest Bucky fanboys there is.

For what is worth, Hugh Jackman really REALLY fucking loves being Wolverine. He doesn't even seem to care if he's only remembered for that role. He genuinely seems to enjoy it. Hell, he's the one who actively wants these movies to be made so he can have another go at the character.

The guy has been doing this shit for almost two decades and the only reason he's going to stop is because he's getting older. Otherwise he pretty much would probably want to keep being Wolverine forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYCVnWStLrg

Counter.

Not bad for a couple of grizzled older guys.

I feel literally nothing, because their job is to be the character. They don't have to be interested in them.

No one who plays Hitler actually adores Hitler.

Quality responses to a shitty OP

Thank you for some real people

Tell me more about your uncle and his work at Nintendo

I don't really know a lot about voice actors outside of the ones commonly on Critical Role, but they genuinely seem to enjoy and know a decent bit about the content they're working on.

Whether or not they care about the original versions of characters is moot if they can do the character justice.

Was there anyone more perfect than RDJ to play Iron Man?

Tom Hiddleston has actively spoken about his respect for Loki and Loki's fan and wrote in to the last issue of Gillien's Journey into mystery run. Chris Evans pretty much decided that playing Captain America was too important to give up playing. On the other hand, RDJ forces his way into movies he doesn't belong in then demands half the budget for the movie to play his addict recovery self insert and blames the studio they are not paying the rest of the cast enough

Reminder the Oliva Thirlby complained in an interview about Karl Urban spazing out about Judge Dredd on set, he kept pulling her aside and trying to get her to read the books.

But that's not true.

>tfw it might have ruined the sequel

Young vincint price looked almost exactly how Stark was drawn in the silver a d bronze age, but really he was born to play Dr. Strange. I think the guy they have playing Howard on the Peggy Carter show is a better Stark then RDJ. I don't really have anything positive to say about RDJ.

>RDJ, for instance
ahahahahahahahahahahah

He's likely never read a comic in his life.

Nigga any actor worth his money should at least follows the Stanislavski method of researching the character, his background, mannerisms and what makes him tick in order to be able to essentially become the character and be able to react as he would to EVERY situation.

I don't know what they teach at acting schools anymore, I swear.

all of it is fake. remember this?

everyone knows sony told him he had to do this. it's his job to pretend like he's one of the fans so that the fans can relate and buy movie tickets.

besides, who walks around saying they have been dressing up as spider-man for halloween since 3 years old? kids often rotate costumes every year and at three years of age, you probably didn't even choose your costume.

Maybe when they're playing someone who was a real person, not a drawing that's be interpreted and re-interpreted dozens of times by different writers and artists. James Gunn told his cast to read anything and to make the characters their own. Likewise, Heath Ledger barely did any research into the Joker, most of his notes in his diary were inspirations from real life figures or fictional characters from other media like Tom Waits and Alex Delarge.

This is sadder than the user who marked up DCEU spoilers/rumors every month.

Nah man fuck you. You can tell he's a legit fan when he speaks about the gig in interview post ASM2.

Jesus fuck Tim Daly's kid is fucking Tim Daly circa 1993. That's fuckin creepy.

>Sebastian Stan is probably one of the biggest Bucky fanboys there is.
Any stories?

>Was there anyone more perfect than RDJ to play Iron Man?#
Before 2008 probably yes, but now that Iron Man has been literally turned into RDJ I don't think so.

>RDJ

He was too busy drugging himself and fucking chicks as a kid to read comics.

yeah she's too busy whoring herself out to watch her shit performances. Too busy jamming her phone in her mouth in a desperate act to get followers.

not doubting but source? I really wanna see him nerd out about spidey, I never saw any of his press. He looked like a perfect pete though. I woulda liked to have seen more of him as spidey.

>everyone knows sony told him he had to do this.

I remember reading the opposite. Sony didn't want him to do that and he had to beg them to let him do it.

I don't care. It's another blockbuster movie role and that's it. I expect them to delve into the character as much they would do any other role. It's the writers and directors I'm more concerned about caring for the property.

I really don't give a shit.

I've come to terms with that in Star Trek.

Superheroes are among the most inconsistently characterized entities in all of fiction. Why would anyone not already invested give a shit about comics history?

Bullshit.

Dude literally burst into tears the first time he put the suit on TASM 1.

He loved playing Spidey, but hated the experience of working with Sony.

Giving zero fucks. I read comics, couldn't care less about the movies or the actors in them.

Really invested in their characters:

Sebastian Stan
Chris Evans
Anthony Mackie
Elizabeth Olsen
Paul Bettany
Chadwick Boseman
Tilda Swindon
Benedict Cumberbatch
Paul Rudd

Just a Job to them:
Scarlett Johansson
Chris Hemsworth
Mark Ruffalo
Don Cheadle

RDJ is a bit of both.

I am like 90% sure Chris Pratt never read a Star Lord comic in his life and just did his own thing throughout the whole movie

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who watched Guardians didn't even know they were a comic book thing until they saw the Marvel logo.

As long as they do a good job, who the fuck cares

I've heard a lot of them be frank and just say that it's work. Today you're a superhero, tomorrow you're King Tut. That's just the job, few roles are memorable even if the fans adore that character.

Which is fine. I just wish actors wouldn't walk around like they were great artists, entirely devoted to their craft.

I've been reading comics for 25 years and I had only heard of Groot.

Gunn specifically told him not to read them. Sup Forums like to champion that because it happened to be Bendis stuff Pratt had looked to read, but it was just cause that was current, Gunn was telling him to not read any, it'd have been the same for DnA stuff.

And? If they manage to deliver a believable performance of a character they don't feel personally invested in, that's just all the more power to their acting skills.

Picture related.

>how does it feel knowing that the actors portraying your beloved superheroes never actually gave a fuck about the characters or their comics?

Pretty sure they were normal fags which is okay.

> it's simply an acting gig to them. it's for the money and thicc brown chicks.

Well....it allows for a different take on the character. Sometimes good sometimes bad.

Gunn told the entire cast not to read anything because he wanted them to make the characters their own.

Being devoted to the craft doesn't mean you're devoted to someone else's craft too. They're different forms of art, and autism has never been a requirement for performing.

You missed the point.

They work for me like a circus monkey. I pay them money and they dance for two hours.

Feel free to clarify, but it looks like you're trying to claim you can't be devoted to the craft in a superhero movie unless you read a bunch of comics.

That's absolutely not what I was saying.

Seb didn't give a shit about Bucky at first, even after First Avenger came out, you can tell by the older interviews and the fact that he wasn't even sure he was coming back.

Then people told him about Winter Soldier and the movie was announced and he said he started reading Brubsker's run of the character and he loved it.

Charlie Cox also said that he didn't read comics growing up but that he picked Born Again and other Daredevil stories after getting the role and he loved them.

So your point is?

IIRC Pratt said he picked up Bendis' run and told Gunn about it, Gunn told him not to read anything because they were doing their own thing but if Pratt felt like he should read anything then he should read DnA's run since they were closer to that version of tbe Guardians but at the end of the day it wasn't necessary.

Gunn favors DnA, he asked for their opinion of his first script after he had them read it, he even has their names as Easter Eggs for GotG vol 2 (they were on a location set) along with Kirby and Starlin, but he doesn't want Pratt to read the comics and start basing MCU Quill on any of the comics stuff because Giffen and DnA Peter is very different as is the original Star-Lord.

Bendis' Star-Lord started as a bland action hero and got progressively dumb and whiny, also he got some major daddy issues. Dogfucker's Star-Lord was just borderline retarded manchild who got whipped by Kitty

Who fucking cares.

Garfield actually read comics. I'm sure RDJ reads, just not sure he was really reading Iron Man. I've seen interviews from when he was getting high and before he was married (so about 5-7 years before IM #1) and he would name drop things like the Sandman and Maus, and he knew people by name (but pretty obvious people, like Frank Miller - that's not who he named, I can't think now).

Routh was into comics before Superman, Tyler Hoechlin made it pretty obvious he was familiar with the canon material in all the press he did for just a two episode appearance.

I forget whom, but on the Simpson's lead was a big fan of Life In Hell. I think it really depends, but generally no. The kids in Harry Potter had/were reading the books, but most of the adults admitted they weren't even familiar with whom their characters were before getting the script, even the ones in every film, like the guy who played Dumbledore after Harris passed away.

I actually like that Hemsworth is openly honest he's not gonna bullshit he knows about comic stuff he doesn't.

Apparently it was advice he got from a friend. Basically was told something along the lines of "don't try to bullshit the fans for this stuff, they will notice." and really took it on board.

Don't care, they're actors doing what their job is.

I don't come to your job asking you to actually care about it more than you're required to.

People really need to stop thinking actors are the ones who make or break movies, I understand they're in your face the whole time and that the media present it that way, but they're not really what matters in most cases (with notable exceptions like RDJ improvising most of his dialogue in IM).

>Tilda Swindon

Tilda is a great actress and invested in her roles that she agrees to portray, but she had no idea that the Ancient One was originally Tibetian when the script was offered to her. She didn't know Dr. Strange.

Mackie's tag line in all the BTS stuff is "cut the check" even when he does something stupid. There's an entire blooper reel from CA-TWS of him just pretty much yelling that all through. For some of the folks you listed as invested, I think you need to clarify if you mean they know the source material.

I think some of them care how the character is portrayed from movie to movie, that if a director came in and said, ham it up and we're going to put nipples on the suit and make it out of rubber, they'd go, "why" at minimum.

Voice direction matters a lot more to voice acting reflecting the intended tone than people give it credit for. The voice director is the one supposed to make sure the characters appear how they should, and they direct the actors accordingly.

Aside from VA not being a dream job in general, it's also not most VAs own dream job, many of them got into the business to do moviess or theater, not to dub silly children cartoons and foreign actors, it's not a passion for them it's a gig. Doesn't stop them from doing the part that matters (acting) professionally.

It should also be noted that some VAs actually do some research.

She's pretty icky. Like the cool mom who buys the kids beer and thinks she's one of them, and then ends up blowing three of her twelve year old daughter's friends after a pool party.

If I had money and brown chicks I probably wouldn't spend so much of my time reading comic books

Why would anyone care if they like the source material? All I want is for them to give a good performance and for the film to be good.

you're an idiot if you think actors are "fans" of ANYTHING that they work on

I dunno, I'd believe Tennant was a massive Doctor Who fan.

This shitty world isn't good enough for Karl Urban.

He's also legit a big fan of Star Trek TOS and is able to quote episodes by name and parts of the original films in interviews. Dude loves getting to be Bones.

Still better than what we actually got in Batman v Superman.

I mean, they do, at least long enough to get into character? Do you know what method acting is?

Why would I give a shit

I know if I got cast in a superhero movie tomorrow as a character I love then there's a big chance I'd overthink what I'm doing so much due to the urge to be loyal to the comics and loyal to comic fans like myself I'd probably fuck up and then it's made even fucking harder because unlike novels for example, there's usually just one writer so the character stays the same throughout the course of the story. Not the case for a lot of comic characters. But that's just me and I'm not an actor, the input of Ryan Reynolds seemed to helped Deadpool a lot so yeah, it can go either way I guess.

>I'm sure RDJ reads, just not sure he was really reading Iron Man. I've seen interviews from when he was getting high and before he was married (so about 5-7 years before IM #1) and he would name drop things like the Sandman and Maus, and he knew people by name (but pretty obvious people, like Frank Miller - that's not who he named, I can't think now).
Nobody ever gave a shit about Iron Man before the movie. Also, Sandman, Maus and Frank Miller are normie stuff

Nice projection.

He has an Iron fist tshirt. Dunno but IF isn't exactly a normie character nowadays.

Literally look it up faggot

I've never cared what an actor thought as long as the finished product was good.

>no mention of Dave Bautista