Education & Work

What does Sup Forums study? What do you work as? What is your profession?

For the younger people who haven't started studying or working: what are your goals? What do you want to do?

Pic related but have a different tier list:

Elightened-Tier: Pure Mathematics

Red-Pilled-Tier: STEaM, Law, Business, Economics, Psychology

Limbo-Tier: Philisophy, History, PoliSci, MediSci, CompSci

Blue-Pilled: Languages, Arts, everything else

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink-collar_worker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DAE LE STEM SO LIT ? xD

>Law above computer science
you're done here.

math n' compsci majr w/ phil minor

>statistics
>not god tier

>tfw history major
I'm a redpilled history teacher desu, that's gotta count for something

CS is for retards. It's a high-paying liberal arts bubble on the precipice of popping. Philosophy deserves to be higher - it's preferred for law and the only degree outside of pure math/EE that shows employers that the person knows how to think critically.

t. No degree making a modest 90k before you count investments.

Studying psychology at a decent research university in Europe. 75% female, however, no trigglypuffs or SJW seen as of yet. Perhaps 1% obese. Loads of attractive people.

>law
>toptier
Not fucking here, I really shoulnt have fallen for this meme.

Just did a cert II in electrotech. Can't decide whether I want to go into HVAC or become a union electrician desu

Am I screwed if I don't pursue a masters or PhD in physics? I don't think I can handle grad school.

>CS is for retards. It's a high-paying liberal arts bubble on the precipice of popping.
wut

Lol American college system is retard tier, lets you do multiple subjects at a poor level

Studied Human geography BSc

Currently studying a masters (MAc) in sustainable urban planning

>tfw studying physics but I want to quit and study music
just fuck my life up senpai

Philosophy majors have the highest acceptance rates into law school, more than law majors

Obviously made by a STEM undergrad

>It's a high-paying liberal arts bubble on the precipice of popping.
Wrong on every damn account. It's a long way until it's going to start popping, if ever. Do you seriously think there's a lack of work to be done in computer science? No, there's only ever more work to be done, and even monkey-tier coders are needed. In fact, if anything, there's starting to be shortages of programmers.

Also, for retards? I agree that there are many people who are pretty stupid and yet get a good income because of the demand, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of things that require a high degree of skill. That is, unless you think it's that easy to make things like SSL, your current operating system or time/bandwidth efficient video streaming.

Also
>liberal arts
kek, american education

> G*d tier

maybe in your matrix but not in meinem

>windows10

> Chemisty and Philosophy on the way to studying medicine

Feels good man

is graphic design shit tier?

> i want to be le propagandy mane

I dropped out of highschool and now I own a mechanics shop

Just going from personal perspective. Not a be-all end-all list.

That's why I wrote it in Limbo-Tier. Those were the subjects I could think of where you could be either or.

>tfw transferring from cc soon
>Electrical Engineering
>cant get into any of the UC's
>have to settle for shitty Cal States

fml lads, I should have committed 100% from the start, now I got sub 3.0 GPA.

What are some good cal states?

Not studying per say.

but I'm a traveling welder(pressure vessel/structual) and heavy equipment mechanic

It's not for retards. Someone has to work the computers at a company. And you also do a shit load of mathematics.

And math is the most Red-Pilled subject there is.

What are some red-pilled Cal State's?

How do I get my first welding job? Do I sign up with a staffing agency, try to go out to the oilfields, or something?

That's fine. These are all meme lists anyway. Being a shop owner is also p valuable on its own since it teaches independence and responsibility.

I got into davis with a 3.1 from a cc, lad

And by the way, some CSUs are better than UCs for engineering

Long Beach and San Jose shit on UCSC and UCR in engineering. Cal Poly SLO is self-explanatory

Lul, the God tier degrees on my certified meme list are the things that might one day make the matrix.

>tfw history student

engineering

last year and I'm on the brink of killing myself, I've done quite well but it doesn't seem worth it

Studying for a bachelors in chemical engineering. I want to work in polymers and all that cool shit, then to become a PE.

enjoy your unemployment and poverty kek

MediSci student. Iktf.

Pull through Burger. We need engineers. Don't you want a family and children one day?

Mechanical engineer student here. Specializing in design and innovation. Thinking about moving to Canada with my gf for a year when I'm done studying.

>STEaM
>a

Where would forensic science fall under, MediSci or law?

>going to uni

who /accounting/ here?

Thats cool man, lucky!!

How is UC Davis anyhow? major?

>And by the way, some CSUs are better than UCs for engineering
I've heard of CSULB being bretty good i'll prolly end up going there desu, cal poly is too competitive to get into. San Jose seems like a liberal hellhole judging by how they rioted that one time Trump came thru.

Where can I find out which are the best for engineering thats not a paywall or full of ads an d shit?

Thanks for the heads up btw

STEM is not really STEM. Applied Mathematics are different from pure mathematics.

Going by that list and your s I'm probably "shit tier" or "bluepilled". Not white or blue collar but pink collar if that makes sense.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink-collar_worker

-Bachelors Nursing
-Bachelors professional nursing with honors (just the honors year)
-Post graduate certificate in Neuroscience Nursing

This field is littered with left wingers. A lot of unionists to ensure safer working conditions that won't end up wrecking my back. Nursing unions are generally the less shitty unions compared to other unions.

>Don't you want a family and children one day?
Yeah of course, I just don't know if it's in the cards for me, sadly. It's to the point where I'm having to convince myself it's not worth it to eat a shotgun shell on a nightly basis.

>tfw have no idea what I want to do in life
I'm thinking Economics, but I simply don't find the course itself compelling, nor do I find a majority of the high paying career paths really as something I want to spend my life doing. Philosophy, Journalism or Media would be great fun, but I know they're not going to get me very far in life.

In terms of careers, where would Philosophy take me? Is it worth it?

Went to a cal state for film. No debt. Fiancé did the same before me and has three Emmys. I'm shit tier for sure but I'm enjoying it. It was film or fine arts and I can just do much more with it

Mechanical engineer here

How does one find work in the Texas/Dakota oilfields or nuclear outages?

if they are G*d tier so why salary is so shit?

Steuerinspektor Anwärter. Tax inspector for the state. This should be also god tier because i cannot get fired plus 2.300 euro cash in the first year.

>union electrician
kys

>Philosophy so far down

Are you for real? I'm a MediSci student. My degree will be worthless. But it's fun. The true redpill is doing what the fuck you want, regardless of what anyone says you should do.

Fuck everything really, life is what you make of it. I don't have time or energy to spend on earning money living a joyless life.

Just do you.

Comp sci reporting! Who here only knows 2 lines of c++ too?

>if the salary is shit the degree is shit

STEM are the degrees that practically enhance the human condition and bring progress. Money doesn't determine worth.

If you think that then you're cucked by corporations into thinking money determines absolute worth of everything.

EU-level centered pol science, history, economics and law

maybe philosophy is shit in germany or usa, but here it's probably one of the most red-pilled things you can study, and the professors are mostly all pretty based. studied both bachelors and masters

in a world where everybody is cucked with little money everyone thinks I am shit, you know the stigma

Also secured retirementmoney 1.700 euro roundabout

>accountancy shit tier
>law top tier

Enjoy being unemployed.

Please respond

chemical engr

>studio engineer, the autist who stares at a screen for hours trying to figure out the ideal combination and layout of frequencies to make a song sound as good as possible according to the artist's genre and style

Is this shit tier? It has "engineer" in it and can get decently into 6 figure territory if you work for a big studio

>not going to or transferring into a UC

why would you go to uni when you could become a ladyboy?

Social stigma doesn't matter. STEM is god tier. Period.

Money doesn't determine worth.

I personally agree with you. And Phil is actually really good here. I mean, lots of Philosophers were German. We have a ton of primary sources in our language to review.

no dentistry?

>Dentist bernd reportiert ein.

>Red-pilled
>Law

kek you Germans are absolute morons.

Where the fuck is advertising/entertainment design on these fucking things? I'm already gonna get a job making six figures out the gate cause of a good internship for an advertising company?

I want to go into geology but I hear oil and mining is gonna tank I a few years so I guess I'll just study volcanoes or something earth will always have to deal with

Taking Japanese studies here. Is it redpilled?

No friend, we are fighting the good fight.

You got a problem with linesmen mate?

By not getting into poitics you're purposely letting the left control the field

Law, but I wanted to be a vet.

>tfw history major in 5th semester

>implying you need to learn politics in uni to become a politician

Computer science is like 80% applied mathematics.
>for retards

Medical Physics

>Business, Economics, Psychology
>red-pilled

Literally "Boring normie with no actual interests or aspirations: the degree"

>Why is a career your only option, do you not want to have your own business?

>implying a big number of civil servants didn't study pol sci
>implying civil servants and bureaucrats aren't big influencers of adoption and/or application of policies

cs is applied math retard, here math classes are harder in cs then in pure math
for most industry needs on programing u could just finish course and be done with it

Overnight walmart. No GED. Too old to start from the absolute bottom.

so come here to work, you stupid idealist

Why is CS mid tier?

So i take it Sup Forums don't care for music or art, at least nothing created since the 1950s.

i remember you, you're an oldfag right? 30+

middle of nowhere.

fucking sucks man, you need to leave wherever you are and start all over.

Only god tier is dropping out and entrepreneurship tbqh

I would recommend cal poly, as they seem to have great engineering programs and socal qt's

Redpill me on biochemistry. It's the only thing I have even a slight interest in and apparently I'll have to get a masters for it to be actually useful.

I'm too afraid to actually go through with it because I'm not some kind of genius autist, just regular autist.

Starting on a double Physics/Chemistry degree this year. I know that to work in research in the university I'll need only physics, but my curiosity got the better of me.

>tfw one of my closest friends just finished his Master's in Philosophy and is working a $120k career while I trudge through another semester of Healthcare Management

That fucking "tier" shit is a joke. Pursue whatever you want to pursue, jobs will follow... unless you're stupid or something

I usually go five years when I reset. I just want a sense of continuity in my life. I kinda have it now as I've lived 5 years in one place for the first time in my life, though I'll always have a shit job.

Have you considered challenging yourself and approaching one of the management about leadership positions?

I am an accountant, will be chartered next year hopefully.

Pretty cushy life to be honest, work hard when I am there but the degree was pretty easy and my time off is mine. No getting called in on weekends or in the middle of the night.

Good pay, good holidays, and job security. Can't complain.

>IT
> low tier
You know, we don't all work at help desk faggot. Name one thing a computer scientist is qualified for that an IT staffer isn't.

Research

Research what?
Nose reduction surgery?

We've had people for neaely five years try to get on maintenence positions. Don't believe the corporate propaganda. Out back there are portraits of all management at the store with their first Walmart job happens to be fresh out of business school as a management trainee. Only 4 or 5 have gone anywhere in the decade I've been in here that come from my shift.