Superman: American Alien

I've been posting a bunch of SUperman threads over the past month or two (might not be two months). In one of my more recent threads, I posted a pair of Adeventures of Superman issues penned by Max Landis and I was struck on how....off...this version of Superman was. I can't tell if it's something about the character or if it's something inherent in Landis's writing, but it seems different and that at least compels me to want to keep reading if just to see where it goes. So without further ado, here's American Alien.

Other urls found in this thread:

maxlandiswrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Superman-Dove.pdf?pdf=Dove
youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Previous Millar Thread

>Late Night Superman
>Previous Smallville Threads

I know it's cool to hate on Landis but this page and entire sequence really stuck with me.

>That cover
Christ, that's a horror movie right there. With the title, it makes me think of fucking E.T.

yaaaaas queen!
One of my favorite Supes stories!

Just got a copy of the Jock Art Book, and was pleasantly surprised that you can see the layouts of issue 7 in the background of the intro.
Speaking of, it took me longer than it should have to recognize the bookend of the first and final covers.

Also, read the original script here!
maxlandiswrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Superman-Dove.pdf?pdf=Dove

I think I want Dragotta on a main Superman book. THis art is fantastic. I might give East of Eden another look (I avoided because I was at a time in my life when I found Hickman extraordinarily pretentious).

I know this sounds super snooty but I hate that Landis just writes in a freeform style closer to a screenplay rather than an actual full-script for an issue. Bitch.

Your horror thoughts may not have been too far off.

>Max Landis
Wait, that weird fucking guy who was with RLM once?

Oh christ.

That's because that WAS written as a screenplay before he pitched it to DC.

This Doctor seems like a bro.

RLM?

I still wanna see the script he gave Dragotta.

>RLM
Red Letter Media. I just know the Max Landis I'm thinking of is a writer/director who makes weird indie movies. I couldn't name anything he's actually done.

I don't really care about Max Landis but I like this book

Pete and Clark are such goobers.

First thing that pops in my mind is that he wrote Chronicle which in hindsight was just Akira with superpowers and a distinct lack of amorphous fleshblob.

>Do you really think they'd take an alien and lock him up like that?
Clark you need a hug.

Oh shit, Clark went to school with Axl Rose?

So it is that guy.

Well judging from the comic so far, I should probably see some of his movies. I'm liking this.

>Posting images in a storytime thread

actually kill yourself

Please refrain from posting images till the end of the storytime if you can. Makes it easier for those that use jdownloader to collect the thread and turn into a cbr.

Called it again.

And I just shit myself.
E.T. is still the most horrifying thing I ever saw in my life.

Sorry about that. It's only 7 issues so I thought there would be space for images.

OP?

>Maybe weird is better.
You might be on to something there.

You're golden.

Not dead. I'm a professor at a university and I'm grading right meow because final grades are due at 10 this morning. Like 5% away from finishing my Cognitive Psychology sections and then I have Behavioral Statistics.

And this page of Jonathan and Clark is a kodak moment

Take notes Snyder.

You're a treasure OP.

This is some real heartwarming shit.

Sup Forums said it found malicious code in this image. I think Sup Forums just has a hate-boner against Max Landis.

I hate it when that happens.

It always makes me curious what I'd find if I really dug into the image. It can't be that old BAR/RAR trick, but maybe there's something else.

All I do is I literally open the page in paint, add an extra black dot on gigantic black spaces, save the image, and then post again. Makes no goddamn sense.

Also these students cannot be trusted for the life of them to grade their own shit objectively. I always thought it would save time but if anything it just makes me that much more critical of the assholes that try and pass off an F paper as perfect.

>Also these students cannot be trusted for the life of them to grade their own shit objectively
Didn't you say that you're a psychology professor? Shouldn't you be intimately aware of how readily human beings will take advantage of anything presented to them? This cannot be surprising to you.

Yeh Max Landis who was on RLM also is a big fan of Superman so wrote this comic.

He also did his own thing on the Death and Return of Superman:

youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

It's because I unconsciously keep using myself as a reference for when I as in school and I never would have considered doing have the shit these kids do. I'm actually quite knowledgable when it comes to social behavior in public, friend, and romantic environments, but the second it comes to "work" environments I just naturally assume everyone wants to do a good job....which is wrong...WRONG WRONG WRONG. I see owning up to your shit as a sign of maturity and taking responsibility. Obviously they have other opinions. WHICH ARE WRONG

Watch out for issue 4. Page 14 has malicious code as well.

Wait. Everyone in Smallville knows that Clark is an alien?

That honestly makes more sense than nobody ever realizing it, but still...

How do you know this?

Shit, I thought I was exaggerating the "Everyone in Smallville" but that really is the case, isn't it?

I really like this idea. Makes sense that Smallville would be protective of its hometown hero.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like it too. It's just odd. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Thinking about it, it probably should be the standard.

And now he's also Bruce Wayne!

Clark probably did more for Bruce's Playboy Persona than Bruce ever did.

I called it again!

Literally blown the fuck out

God, I love this comic.