What's the OLDEST movie you've ever watched? Annabelle Serpentine Dance (1985) for me

What's the OLDEST movie you've ever watched? Annabelle Serpentine Dance (1985) for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nR2r__ZgO5g
youtube.com/watch?v=_i8XFwIudGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=nR2r__ZgO5g

Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind are the oldest movies I've ever watched
I plan on watching the original King Kong

Shit, *1895

L'Inferno, funny seeing titties ftom 1911.

Some 30 second clip is not a movie.

I try to only watch good films so I don't watch some victorian crap just for the sake of watching old movies

The oldest movies I recall are M (1931) and City of Lights (1931)

Probably Nosferatu

Wings (1927)

Decided to watch every Oscar picture winner. It's a silent movie and is surprisingly watchable. However, A broadway melody, the next best picture winner, was awful.

Baby Driver (2017) for me

>Oldest feature length movie watched
Snow White - 1937

>Oldest live action movie watched
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - 1966

Oldest surviving film is available on YouTube one ten second google away.
Judas Priest.

>oldest is The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
Great film, but you've never seen a Fistful of Dollars or For a Few Dollars More? If not I recommend it. You've seen the best of the three, but the others aren't far behind it.

I took a film history in class so I saw was the one of the edison employee testing the first camera.

also Georges Méliès is kino as fuck.

I didn't know Snow White was that old
Therefore my post is wrong
Snow White is the oldest movie I've watched

I was surprised when I learned that all those cartoons I watched as a kid (like Popeye) were from as early as the 30s. Never really thought about that back then.

It's a wonderful life (1946)

Passage de Venus for less than feature length, Birth of a Nation or Posle smerti for feature length, surprised to see so many plebs ITT.

>Georges Méliès is kino as fuck

City Lights by Charlie Chaplin

>his oldest live action movie watched is from the 1960s

probably this, unless some of those Buster Keaton shorts I watched as a kid were older

nosferatu sucked btw

Metropolis?
At the very least, I can say that Metropolis is the only movie I've seen where parts of the finished product have been lost to time and will probably never be seen again.

the complete film exists, it's just that when they did the remaster in 2010, they couldn't include one scene because it was too damaged (they include a bit of it in a documentary that came out around the same time iirc)

Aside from and the Voyage to the moon (or what it's actually called)

Metropolis is 1927, so probably that.

Probably 'the great train robbery' - 1903

I've seen older pieces of film, i'm sure, but they're hardly what can be called a 'movie' - they're just vignette

Street angel 1928

It was from a series of threads a few years ago where some anons took an online film course together and discussed the movies here. Good times.

I've seen those collections of old silent shorts and clips from when they were shown on TCM. They play Lumiere bros. and Thomas Edison stuff every once in a while. Saw Keaton films today.

I watched iron man, that came out like 10 years ago or something hahahaha.

Had to watch this in school. Story of the Ned Kelly gang. It's the oldest feature film in existence with run time just over an hour. (though only around 20 mins exist today)

>However, A broadway melody, the next best picture winner, was awful.
Yeah, after sound came around they churned out a bunch of crappy, poorly composed musicals to capitalize on the new feature. Most of that stuff has poor sound quality and is crap. The Desert Song from 1929 is pretty good though.

Intolerance

>the desert song
Thanks I'll give that a watch some time

kineographs

That horse running film that's like 3 seconds long.

Much better than Broadway Melody.
youtube.com/watch?v=_i8XFwIudGQ

Why hasn't Hollywood remade Electrocuting an Elephant (1903) yet?

>THIS SUMMER

City Lights i guess

there's no way you haven't seen the wizard of oz

I saw a movie from the 30s just because it had a naked loli

Little Bride I think it was called.

The Thief of Baghdad (1924)

I thought I was going to watch a quaint film that I would view educationally and probably grow bored of halfway through.

What I got instead was an amazing adventure movie starring the most charismatic leading man of all time, with special effects that still look good to this day.

That's a great one. Orientalism was really in vogue in the 20s.

Metropolis (1927) and I loved every minute of it.

She probably died of old age by now

Whatever is older between these two is the oldest I've watched.

Caligari is three years older.