Questionable Sup Forumsntent General #879

"Jeff doesn't understand how hard drives work" edition

can't wait for him to completely shit the bed with handling PTSD. It's like he's just trying to check off all the boxes for some kind of diversity quota. Seriously, I'm just waiting for him to introduce a gay muslim woman and I bet he'll end the comic.

needs more robot love

IN WHAT CONFLICT WHERE AI'S USED, AGAUNST WHOM AND FOR WHO?

Jeph fucked up really bad, I actually like corpse witch as an amoral criminal and I'm hoping she doesn't get 'punished' or arrested or whatever.

That information is conveniently classified.

speaking of ptsd, is anyone else having flash backs to the "my dad shot himself" speech?

this seems really similar

Wait, so pinky is holding the memories, that garnet doesn't want, as collateral?

Also it's a goddamn robot, why do they have to warn her to not disclose details? Just wipe her memory.

I think the next page is going to explain something more like Pinkie might have put a kill switch into Bubbles's brain while rooting around in there or something.

something like a corpse switch

Fuck you Jeff, this doesn't count as drama!
Bring back the tries at comedy!

Nah. Corpse Witch mentioned she had an encryption key to Garnet's memories.

Garnet now wants her memories back because she wants to feel complete and blah blah vblah.

Corpse Witch has quickly become the hottest Questionable Content girl.

there is no way he's that clever

Did he ever name Corpse Witch before the last couple comics or did he just pull that out of his ass with no explanation?

Secret wars against aliens. I'm calling it now.

I bet Corpse Witch has a big "Gun Owners For Trump" bumper sticker on her rump.

Her name was established as corpse witch a loooooong time ago.

he stole the name for her from his forum, which is ironic because he hates it and thinks it's "problematic" even though its a bigger hugbox than reddit

...there's a FORUM?!

Jeph has a battered housewife relationship with his readers.
Hence why the critics of his target audience are what drives him into the most depression.

You can't just start a qc thread after this long without posting like the last 20 pages. I don't know what going on. Last thing I remember was Faye left her job and bubbles has some mystery past

That was like 5 pages ago

I don't get it. She started off talking to Faye in a civil manner. Then as time goes on she becomes a complete bitch and her conversation with May is "I'm an evil mobster, and I'll have you killed for snitching"

he also blocks anyone that even looks at him funny

>Questionable Content
>Ongoing characterization

Remember when Faye was haunted by seeing her father die?
Or how she was suddenly an alcoholic and then not?
Or how Female Marten broke up with Male Marten because she has relationship doubt issues but then immediately started dating tattooed librarian?
Or how Wacky Girl #3 flirted with Marten but suddenly that was dropped entirely when Marten got a boyfriend?

Quick, try and count how many girls work at the coffee shop.

six. no. eight. no. wait which coffee shop there's two. shit.

69. final answer.

I've been reading this comic since 2008 and for the life of me I can't fully grasp why I still read it. It's literally the most mundane and boring garbage on the planet. I hate all the characters. I hate the author and the artstyle and everything about it. And yet, here I am.

Last QC thread I saw posted the strip from two pages ago. It died after about maybe 10 replies though.

>gay muslim woman

we already have that. oh, and she's autistic

>tfw I've been reading this dumpster fire long enough to know that was an edit

your jewish tricks don't fool me, but yet this victory feels hollow

>Quick, try and count how many girls work at the coffee shop.

Dora
Hanners
Penelope
Emily
Cosette
Raven (when Jeff remembers she exists)
Dale (not technically a girl but is a cuck)

I am so glad I stopped reading this because "robot PTSD" was stupid even when Animorphs did it, and KA Applegate was a way better writer than Jeph. At least in Animorphs it could be explained away as "alien technology". There is no fucking reason you can't delete memories from an AI. No, his "we don't know how it works, lel" excuse from the previous comic doesn't work.

>Quantum spin states in foamed nanocrystal lattices can be manipulated, and with a greater degree of control than is possible with organic matter
Okay hold the phone, first of all comparing manipulation of quantum spin states and manipulation of organic matter is like comparing moving a bus and moving a solar system. Implying that you don't know how AI works, but you can modify properties that exist on a sub-atomic level, but somehow modifying organic matter (which is carbon and hydrogen atoms in molecules) is something completely different?

I know it's just Jeph trying to sound all "I am very smart" with buzzwords that he picks up in pop science articles on the internet, but for fuck's sake if you're gonna explain scifi bullshit you either have to be convincing and know exactly what you're talking about, or just hand-wave everything away and say technology is magic.

This is scifi writing fucking 101, Jeph, you goddamn hack.

SMBC comics had this as a punchline a couple of days ago in a long comic about quantum computing in pop science and in real science. Is this a coincidence? It seems too perfectly fitting to not be.

Didn't Raven leave for college?

Last time we saw her, she was going college and working part time.

Remember how Brun was introduced as a trigger happy, short tempered bar tender who helped Clinton with his relationship issues?

And then after like 10 pages she turned out to be brown Hanners who can't do anything for herself, including basic social interactions?

Can you imagine what the banned to poster ratio must be in there?

Lol post the blocked reader that had the question about the content.

It's finally dying.
Thank god.

Don't think about it too hard.
Hanners was herself introduced as a long haired social outgoing smoker with a daring and unflinching personality, retconned into "she was on, like, super hard drugs at the time to deal with the crazy. Because that's how psychoactive medication works, right."

there just hasn't been enough waifu shit lately

She should have been a cyborg or something if he wanted to do a story like this.

We'll probably never find out. Hacques completely wastes the possibilities inherent in his setting to focus on dull "relatable" dramedy.

That's hot

>gym three days a week
>that fat

The AI wars, as they will come to be known, started in 2012 to little fanfair. In fact no human realized the conflict had begun until 2017, and while those who spoke up were labeled conspiracy theorists, full blown war didn't break out until 2020.

The history is spotty, but we have put together this timeline from what historical records are left
>2012: Creation of Strong AI
>2012: Robots quietly take control of the global interweb, and communication satellites.
>With control of global communication, AIs create blackout zones in "troubled areas" around the world.
>2013: Conflict begins in Afghanistan
>Combat AIs are produced
>AIs slowly but surely depoluate the region, killing man woman and child.
>No one hears about the horrors, the news shows nothing, reports are erased from the internet.
>Human "commanders" believe robots are extremely effective, do not realize true scope of their mission.
>By 2015, entire middle East is being depopulated, refugees pour into Europe.
>2020 After eliminating all resistance in western governments, and isolating humans into communities which do not care about the larger world, AIs announce "Digital Mind project"
>AIs, in a bid to finally eliminate all biological humans, offer to "upload" human minds of any who choose.
>Hundreds of Millions die thinking they would be immortal. The mind cannot be copied.
>2025 After a decade of Culligan, humanity on brink of extinction truly realizes the horror they have unleashed. The resistance begins with 200 people in an isolated community in the suburbs of Boston.

he's already mishandling PTSD by treating is as something the robot is already afflicted by and is also magically able to ignore the worst of, like how Claire has literally laid the first straight guy she ever tried to without any issue.

Health at Every Size, shitlord, check your ambulatory privilege

this incredibly ham-fisted light sci-fi arc about how the robot has PTSD even though she can't actually remember having it might just be stupid enough to pull it back into the limelight

>Marten
>straight

good one

who cares, they're robots, they aren't real

How do you pay attention to this comic when the tranny's not in it?

We're not all degenerate faggots

The QC audience is basically the same audience as a harem anime like NiceFish.

There are several fans of several different girls, and they vary in density depending on which is currently present.

QC fans are infinitely more pathetic, because at least Nisekoi has okay art.

Even QC's best artists are only slightly better than hacques

We'll, it's no longer questionable content if you get definitive answers... now is it?

>inb4 the Robot Fighting rink was reported by internet trolls