Is this movie a metaphor? How did he get the blonde QT to fall in love with him, being as weird as he was?

Is this movie a metaphor? How did he get the blonde QT to fall in love with him, being as weird as he was?

Prequel to Drive, by the way.

Just some mumblecore bullshit that has nothing to do with reality. It was trendy at the time to portray a relationship as something that easily comes to anyone, even on accident

A co-worker invited me over to watch this. We haven't hung out since.
Fuck this stupid movie

this

i always thought this and have even watched them in order a couple times. it's like he can't get over how he lost the sex doll so he has to leave the girl in drive so he doesn't feel that amount of loss again

You sound bitter

He looked like Ryan Gosling.

he's a famous actor, duh

he's right

Just Be Yourself and also on top 10 hottest guys on the planet list

There's a guy I know that would ALWAYS troll by talking about what a great movie this is and what a hilarious comedy it is. He would describe the premise about a socially awkward guy bringing his love doll to family dinners and church and it actually DID sound hilarious.

Than I put it on and it was one of the saddest most pathetic dramas I've ever seen. I literally couldn't get through it, got about halfway through and then felt so awful about the lonely autist I couldn't finish it. It's one of those movies that the trailer's try to bill as a comedy, because they know otherwise no one would watch it if they know it's a tearjerker fucking tragedy.

My friend would then lol at everyone he trolled into seeing it by explaining it as a hilarious comedy. Basically, he was doing the exact same thing that the trailers did.

I hate tearjerker sad stuff and though I had a gf at the time (I actually watched it with her), I could relate to that socially awkward dude's loneliness in a way that made it very sad.

Not a good movie. And completely misbilled as a comedy. Don't go into it expecting to laugh.

>How did he get the blonde QT to fall in love with him, being as weird as he was?

Do you not realize that Ryan Gosling is a very handsome salt-of-the-earth looking guy, even though this movie tried to downplay his looks? Very handsome guys, even if they have some major social hangups can get decent women.... Every man has a certain market value and looks are super important, social skills are important to, but it's important that your pros strongly outweigh your cons if you're trying to score the good top shelf pussy.

Him being handsome is only a smaller part of it. He was a *genuinely* nice guy and people loved him for it. Nobody had a problem helping him out, because he wouldn't think twice about helping somebody else.
Women like a guy who's handsome, but they'll sooner gravitate to someone who is well-liked by everyone and respected.

Because he's fucking ryan gosling. Are you stupid?

What you just said is so self evident it amazes me you typed out as much as you did as if you think you were actually telling someone something they didn't know.

You guys are right about this but I'm often not sure if when they cast a hot actor he or she is also meant to be hot within the fiction or if they only do it for aesthetics.

>How did he get the blonde QT to fall in love with him, being as weird as he was?
Because he's still the fucking GOOSE!

>movie is bad because I relate to the main character too much
This is a shitty, indefensible position for not liking this movie. It's good and it IS a comedy, whether you found it funny or not. For an American movie its humour was very subtle and bittersweet, if that fact went over your head because "muh emotions" then your opinions are bad and poorly justified

Nobody would watch a movie about ed furlong fucking a doll for two hours then telling everyone she died

thank u for ur sage wisdom dumbass

You sound bitter.

You sound bitter.

You sound bitter.

desu ryan gosling is not really that good looking expecially in this film

You sound bitter.

You sound sweet

ty

kek'd

Because he's good looking

Because it's a movie.

did u fuck?

Look at him.

>I could relate to that socially awkward dude's loneliness in a way that made it very sad.
Dude that's why the movie is good: art is something that make us feel and think.