Was this actually good? If so, what made it good?

Was this actually good? If so, what made it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcWPiHjIExA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a very slight notch above mediocre and the entire movie is just stuff happening

there's little rhyme or reason to it, just a loose plotline with tiny nuggets of flat comedy scattered along that line. it's not abhorrent, just a way to kill an hour back in 2004.

No. It's a magnificent film and Christian allegory.

its like Borat's more PC cousin

It's alright

fuck i wish someone told me it was going to be exactly like this before i wasted my time watching this shit.

It had some moments, but holy shit was it overrated

just like a lot of other jaded-core media it's a lot of nonsense so pretentious idiots try to sell it as 2deep4u so they can look smart

chill dude its still good for that stoner chill vibe. just yeah its not even funny the jokes fall very flat once you are already 13 y/o

Think about a mid western garage band, watching the movie is like listening to one of their songs.

I find this movie fucking hilarious. Saw it in a theatre when it came out, had no idea it would meme. Thought I would be telling people to see this little movie for years, now everyone is sick of it, but damn if it isn't still funny. It's really well paced, clips along, and has great editing.

How are they even remotely similar?

It's actually a dead-on representation of bum-fuck nowhere, has some mildly funny moments

caught on because of memes and the dance scene at the end

Nothing. It was an awful movie. I tried it sober, and I thought 'hey maybe...' and smoked a bunch and watched it high. Neither time was it anything except dumb shit for college kids to quote and that ridiculous dance.

It's the epitome of a "You either hate it or love it" movie

It's good but you have to relate to the style to appreciate it. That's why it was so popular with people who grew up in the 90's. Life was literally that shitty back then esp in small towns.

no one I know gets this movie. I fucking love it. I completely lost my shit when he got pushed into the lockers and then tried to kick the bully and just kicked the air

It was comfy and it was kind of new when it came out, there wasn't anything like it.

Unwatchable trash.

based

dumb

Watched it for my fill of autism but now that I have Sup Forums it's sort of become obsolete on a large-scale

I loved it; who cares if it became a meme.

I recently rewatched it and it's actually a fucking masterpiece.

I literally like every single scene in the movie.

It's a masterpiece. One of the best tales of friendship in recent film history.

>comedy movie
>complaining about the fact that it doesn't have a super tight and engaging plot

I remember when Netflix was running that contest to find the best recommendation algorithm (i.e predict how someone would rate a given movie based on their rating history), they found that whether someone would like ND was unique in being basically impossible to predict better than random chance.

>awkward cringe comedy
it wasn't very good

It was a product of its time.

Wow I wonder what your opinion is.
Brainlets leave

memes and memes and memes
literally meme: the movie

only vapid children & flyover state plebs love it

Go back hipster.

One of the best movies this side of the 2000. One of the most comfy movies ever.

>this side of the 2000

masterpiece.

>just like a lot of other jaded-core media it's a lot of nonsense so pretentious idiots try to sell it as 2deep4u so they can look smart
Literally no one thought that when it first premiered.

Basically the idea of the movie was to take everything that made 90s teen movies and do the opposite out of spite.
Instead of attractive main with big ambitions you have this awkward ugly boy with no goal at life
instead of attractive sluts everywhere you get 2 good looking women in town and an army of trailer park women in larval form
instead of parties and fights and drama filled story you get this realist setting where mundane things happen and the movie only happen to record them
instead of trendy music from the era you get litterally elevator music

Everything in this movie combines perfectly, and each actor delivers a very believable performance, its almost as if they were those characters, even secondary actors who just appear for short periods of time are perfect.
This movie is a masterpiece.

>he can't tell memes from real life
Oh boy you are going to have a lot of fun on Sup Forums. Welcome.

Like incredibly intellectual comedies, such as "Rick and Morty", this movie will go over the heads of most simpletons. To admit you did not like it is to admit your ignorance of the world around you, and likely to expose deep seeded racism.

His brother wearing the Negrito clothes was the funniest part though. She tricked a scrawny white boy from the boondocks into wearing black peple wear.

How does Sup Forums feel about this scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=TcWPiHjIExA

Pretty damn good.

The movie until this was cringe after cringe and i was ready to see him fail it at any moment, but he actually did it.

Well they picked one of the greatest songs ever written so I would say its pretty good. Its such a feel good scene when he gets a roaring standing ovation for it and cements the movie as a weird feel good quotable indie movie that would go on to become a cult classic.

But this scene really ties the whole movie together I cant help but be in a good mood when I hear that song

>what made it good?
It was a wes anderson movie without wes anderson

it was pretty good
high school movies are always about popular kids or some nerds working their way up to become popular or something and it's all so "movie" like and stale
Napoleon Dynamite went to other direction showing this weird ass fucking kid in bumfuck nowehere and portraying things as they really are in those kinda high schools

movie was shit but those are some good fucking moves

Its borat but no dirty stuff or as funny faggot

>false flagging this hard and can't even type "deep seated" correctly

Did this movie take place in 2004 or the 80s?

The Jamiroquai song Canned Heat that he is dancing to came out in 1999.

Rex Kwan Do was all bullshido.

I really like Napoleon Dynamite, but probably for the wrong reasons. It's about a kid who's too stupid or too stubborn to realize he is screwed. He lives with his grandmother in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. Chances are he'll end up like Kip, sitting on the computer constantly chatting with babes. No one in that city is going to go anywhere in life, not even the Chad character. To top it all off Napoleon is on the bottom of the high school social ladder, completely oblivious to his weirdness and lack of talent in just about any area. But he doesn't let it get to him, he just keeps doing as he does.

2004, the opening credits have that year on his student ID.

>Chances are he'll end up like Kip, sitting on the computer constantly chatting with babes.
sounds perfect

>and lack of talent in just about any area
He's pretty good at dancing though

This is one of the most realistic movies ever

Normal people aren't particularly articulate like most movies pretend. Most "hot" girls are really just 7/10s. Ultimately for most of us the biggest thing well ever accomplish is becoming school president or dancing in a talent show

I love this movie because it exudes realness. People laugh at or hate the stupidness of the movie but that's literally how most real people live their lives

These guys nailed it.

If you like this movie, go watch The Gentlemen Broncos. It's a really similar suburban midwest setting, but it's about a kid who writes sci-fi camp novels. Probably even more awkward than Napoleon Dynamite. Same director, guy who did Nacho Libre too, although that movie doesn't quite nail it the way Napoleon and Broncos do.

it's awful. Anons just pretend it's good because Napoleon reminds them of themselves.

>projection in it's finest form

>autists butthurt that others see they relate to a clear autist

hush, little baby, dont say a word

>Napoleon reminds them of themselves
That's a perfectly fine reason to think something is good. Who's pretending?

If you are not an autist, why are you here?

Why am I on one of the most mainstream sites that has a million different threads and boards? Man, you're a fucking idiot if you still think this is some kind of a supah sekreet klub

This.

Its not a matter of secrecy but identitywise you act like 'cooler and detached' like 'above all this' if this was real, you woudn't be here, its just unecessary for your kind, woudn't you be better off interacting on actual movie forums? unless of course you are an uncreative normie here seeking for smart posts to copy and past as your own on actual movie forums/social media so you can fool other normies that you are smart.
I think i will believe that.

Believe what you want, Napoleon. At the end of the day, this site's diverse catalogue of boards and users is more noteworthy than some faggy movie form where everyone acts like they're the next Ebert.

It's a good film about mediocre people.
By extension it's not a 'masterpiece' or 'amazing' but it's way better than many films being released every year.

no jews involved

reply spamming fag

Its great

The only unrealistic character in it is the grandma

I don't think a grandma that rides ATVs all crazy is really relatable

Every single other character in the movie is relatable to yourself or someone you know/knew growing up

fantastic scenery of actual life

the shit that happens thats comedic is also funny because its realistic, like crushing your balls trying to take a huffy off a 8 inch jump

its not super stupid unrealistic crap in most comedies these days

Not even a little.

Are you retarded? Because I'm pretty sure that's the only way any of this is funny. It's basically: lol am sooooo random rawr xP pickle! Humor. It's horrendous.

>You either love it or you're a mentally retarded 12 year old

Ftfy

No. This isn't some 90's kid cult classic. It could've been, until they covered it in the equivalent of fart joke humor. It had an okay premise until they tried to be funny.

Hahahahaha he missed the bully!!!! Hahahaha and just kicked the air!!!! Hahahaha so fucking hilarious!!!!!

>Comedy
>I know, we'll give him a pet llama!!! That'll be so random!!!

Pick one.

FOREVER YOUNG, I WANT TO BE FOREVER YOUNG

They were onto something, until they went full retard and gave him a pet llama to try and be lol so random xP!!!

Uncle Rico made it good. Any other answer in this thread is fake news.

Do the chickens have large talons?

Yeah I adore the film, having grown up in Pocatello Idaho which is just northeast of Preston where the movie takes place. Never before had I seen my shitty backwater state's culture featured so perfectly in a piece of media

Kino

The pet llama belongs to his grandma who is wild despite being old, its like she is the only living person in that town.

>t. underage
it's just a shitty unfunny movie that stupid kids thought was good because they thought mtv was cool

It makes no attempt to shame in its depiction of small-town America.

pretty great moves