I finally understand why she triggered Sup Forums so hard

>A non-trivial fraction of the popularity of Rick and Morty is that the Rick character appeals to ....a certain kind of person. The sort who tell themselves they flunked out of school because they were too smart for the system, who act like cynical, sarcastic assholes 24/7 yet blame their 'alienating intellect' for why they have no friends, who read 2 pages of an intro to philosophy book and conclude nihilism is the only real philosophy and anyone who says otherwise is too dumb to understand, who never put any effort into anything and then get bitter when their raw genius doesn't save them from being a loser.

>Rick has all of their flaws, and so they relate to him strongly, except he also really is a super genius. He really is too smart for the system, he really can do nothing until the last minute and then succeed purely because he's that smart. He is, to a cartoonish excess, how they imagine themselves.

>So bringing Rick to task for his personality flaws or horrible behavior would provoke a strong negative reaction in all the people who identify strongly with him. In a way, the writer would be attacking Rick's fans almost as much as Rick. The therapist from last episode didn't even get close to tearing down Rick as fully as she could have, and even that had the community kind of up in arms.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/04/i-loathe-these-people-rick-and-morty-and-the-brilliant-backlash-against-tvs-bad-fans
youtube.com/watch?v=Tuwg-7u5f-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you honestly think anybody is going to read that

>3 paragraphs is a novel to the young millennial

Do you talk like a twitter post?

Sad!

Didn't read anything more than the title, yawn.

She triggered me because she killed rick's character. Season one rick would have interrupted her or fucked her up later, but instead he just seems like a bitch now because that's what they decided to write him as.

I want to cum inside her.

Building on what this user said. Rick is supposedly the smarted human in the world, yet somehow this therapist is smarter than him? If makes no sense and screams "the writer self inserted to complain about how Rick triggers her". Rick wouldn't have anything to learn from therapist.

I love it whenever the OP doesn't even have a shred of self-awareness.
But seriously you should write this in your diary so at least your relatives will understand what went wrong.

> Didn't read anything more than the title

How's that job at McDonald's going?

wow what kind of moron green texts this kind of shit

she didnt trigger me, not in the way you think...

You tell us since you're so proud of your shitpost, lib art major.

Because Rick being dissected by some one-note character is unnecessary.

>wageslaving
I bet you think you're smart

i agree with the other dude, they cucked the white males because they cant handle it

they also made the women more authority figures because they cant handle it

show went to shit

literally no one cares

How new are you? That's not how greentext works.

dude replacing wacky sci-fi adventures with community college tier character studies also you're a sexist racist lmao

This post did not need to be written in greentext. Learn how to use meme arrows

>hire more women writers
>instantly jokes evaporate and are replaced with lecturing

good job proving the OP right

t. reddit

Dismantling good characters for no reason isn't what OP was talking about, brainlet.

tl;dr
Kill yourself.

this shit
>dude has a fucking portal gun to go to different universes
>he gets broken down by some community college psych major because he doesn't care about his family

holy shit who thougth this was a good idea

it's a quote from an article you low-iq dips

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/04/i-loathe-these-people-rick-and-morty-and-the-brilliant-backlash-against-tvs-bad-fans

So OP was saying that the writers made a mistake in taking a character that was really badass and fun and making him look like a wuss who gets outsmarted by women with an inductive "science" degree? I wouldn't know, because I didn't read all that crap.

therapist simply has more emotional intelligence, which is actually the only kind rick lacks. you do know theres more than one way of being intelligent?

That's now how you greentext quote an article.

>stop using Sup Forums differently than me!

shut up you fucking NEET

>emotional intelligence

>A non-trivial fraction of the popularity of Rick and Morty is that the Rick character appeals to .... normalfags.

Saved you two paragraphs. If anything, you're too generous. And yes, R&M fans are normalfags, just normalfags who think they're not normalfags, the most obnoxious type of normalfag.

>rick is a nihilistic genius (like me!) so he must never be proven wrong or talked down to ever... especially by a woman!

It's really telling how desperate you are to protect this character in a tv show, OP hit the nail on the head

This from something? It's actually a pretty decent write-up

If anyone watches Rick and Morty, making them able to be triggered by it in the first place, they're reddit.

lets post lewd sarandon instead

all her pics are lewds

The family dynamic in R&M was always inconsistent and nonsensical. Attempting to analyze, deconstruct, or in any way draw scrutiny to it is an exercise in futility and only worsens the show.

The problem I have with Dr. Wong's speech in particular is that she blatantly paints Rick's behavior and disregard for his family as "sickness." It's especially jarring considering episodes like The Rickshank Redemption and Rest and Ricklaxation which suggest that emotional attachment can be equally maladaptive depending on the context. She spends way too much time doing what basically amounts to gloating when her whole speech can be boiled down to "You need to either commit to your family or your work, but trying to do both will destroy you." The stupidest part is that Rick already knows this and the show provides tons of hints to it if you're not a moron. But what possible resolution can be achieved? Rick decides to fuck off on his own and leave his family behind? Or he settles down and stops adventuring? The whole premise of the show is "unhealthy" if you choose to look at it with that lens.

yep

Who'd known all this time I just wanted to be a successful normie that fitted in what society wants me to be, huh? Well, guess I failed the system.

no
we just don't give a shit about your blog

she didnt trigger shit. only the vocal minority post on this shit site.

the closest the rant has to a decent core concept is basically saying everything interesting is fundamentally unhealthy. Life being fatal, etc.

why does literally every woman imagine themselves as a therapist and force advice onto everyone they know

but this show is sooooooo smart! they should do a psycho analytical rant of rick and his fans so some faggot on reddit can do a fucking paste bin on how "well thought out" it was and "i hadn't thought of it that way!"

>be comedy show
>characters goes on several minute rant
>it isn't funny
>it isn't supposed to be funny
>it isn't used in a joke later

That's why this part if the episode sucks so hard for me. It's just a colossal waste of time for everyone involved.

The only reason I can think of it's existence is a female writer says "woah wouldn't it be funny if there was a smart womyn that owned Rick ha ha"

It's made even worse because it's hilariously comprehensible rant for anyone with above 'tard tier IQ. The viewer already knows the information and the characters already know the information do regurgitating it again is agonizing.

t. virgin

>fans of the show claim to be smart
>can't even read OP's post
Fucking absolutely BTFO

Wow in all those words you managed to say almost nothing OP. Maybe you should learn to clarify your autistic thoughts more concisely.

It's just a cartoon guys who gives a shit

How did you pull that from such an assessment? Non-sequitor as fuck.

Wait a second, is the only way you can comprehend enjoying something is by projecting yourselves onto the characters?

Reading a huge bait post on Sup Forums is brainlet-tier.

OP is full of shit. We all know that what really triggered most of the pathetic millennial NEETs who watch this show was the line:

>"Some people can go to work, and some people would rather die."

This hit them too close to home.

I'm not nihilistic or a genius. But watching a genius who's always one step ahead is fun.

Writing in that he gets put in his place by a social "scientist" ruins not only my suspension of disbelief but the canonical intellect of the character, making him seem gay and wimpy. I don't need to self-insert to enjoy watching something, that's what kids do.

Rock should have been feeding her lies and tricked her making her look like a fool. Neo rick is a cuck from fem writers

You can't spell therapist without the rapist.

>churchies
You know how I can tell that this is a reddit image?

Nice normalfag interpretation of neets.

if anything the rant validated neetdom. as work is resigning yourself to long periods of disinterested boredom.

This. s1/s2 rick would've fed the shrink so much bullshit that whatever conclusion she eventually landed upon would've been nothing but a reflection of her personal issues and hangups, then rick would've laid into those and left nothing but a quivering shit-eating mess. Then in the car s1/s2 beth would've called him on that, and we'd get a little rant about how the only reason people go into soft-sciences like psychology is to find some easy validation for their own inadequacies which they will then project onto everyone else while ultimately contributing nothing to the world but a lessening of health and honesty that also serves as nothing but another ingredient in the shrink's easy-bake validation recipe.

where did reddit touch you?

>reddit and memey
kys

Rick and Morty backlash is largely made up of:

>trolls
>contrarians
>people who (half-correctedly) get butthurt when there's a big deal about a show hiring a bunch of female writers
>more trolls
>people who react to the reaction to the backlash with more trolling
>teenage edgelord faggots

It's not very difficult to comprehend.

Yes, because those fucks all want to imagine themselves as miserable old men who nearly get their family killed every week.

Seriously, when are you sheep going to realize this show is Christian propaganda, that shows the inevitable end result of scientific knowledge is an infinite and eternal misery full of violent betrayal, while the only source of happiness and fulfillment is ignorance coupled with the love of God?

Giv milk mummy

>people who react to the reaction to the backlash with more trolling
This is the biggest one. It's ghoulish overkill that never reaches an upper bound and just keeps escalating.

REDDIT, Sup Forums AND COLLEGE DROPOUTS BTFO!

the upper bound will always be credulity.

>P-please argue with me. I have no life and no friends. My family doesn't give a fuck about me. I'm dying slowly while I sit in front of a computer all day, every day. Please acknowledge my existence. Please!!!

Which, as we're finding out, is apparently endless.

there are non-comedic moments in literally every Rick and Morty episode, there's a reason the one featuring a woman giving Rick advice had Sup Forums losing their shit for days

No one is going to bring up how it felt like Ayn Rand bitching about people for 50 pages? I think it's called an author tract?

I just don't like her stupid face.

If the Internet is proving ANYTHING, it's that there is always some group of idiots out there who will believe the even more retarded verison of something. This isn't new, people have been buying crystals and going to psychics forever, it's just in front of our faces a little bit more now.

>people with opinions are bad
>wahhhhh I hate men so much
wtf who cares

What are you talking about? Sup Forums hates her because its a writer insert specifically written so she can shit on the main character. Very Mary Sue.

>its a writer insert

by which writer?

Yeah well, how about you lick my balls

youtube.com/watch?v=Tuwg-7u5f-0

tl;dr

I don't get it are there people who get triggered by that scene ?
And do people really identify with a cartoon character or any character on screen ?
I never left the cinema thinking "man I'm just like vin diesel in the 15th Fast and Furious adaption"

It was a brilliant speech and Rick-loving brainlets were forever BTFO by the glory of Gao.

Lmao what's the point of this thread besides bait, it's not like anyone is actually gonna change their opinion on the speech

>ctrl-f
>racist name
>0 results

i liked your post OP. Some of it is a bit thin but it is definitely true that a big chunk of fans identify with Rick

>And do people really identify with a cartoon character or any character on screen ?
main criteria for normies. all the public outrage about anything on the screen is the lack of mary sues to identify as.

pic related literally me

Dubs confirm truth. Especially the pure butt hurt in this thread. A lot of shows do the self centered, emotionally stunted protagonist who is smarter than everyone, but few shows call the characters out without vindication later on.

For the people bitching, it's a mistake to focus on Rick as the main character alone. Morty is too. And the family has been further developed starting in the last season. Taking a serious beat to examine them enriches the show. If you think Rick is the only one that matters here then OP's post is probably about you.

Its not though. Rick didn't miss the session because of his work. He turned himself into a pickle literally to avoid the session. "Work" was an excuse to avoid fixing the emotional problems of the family. Especially fucked up given that the kids were acting out because of everything going on. He could work and still be decent. At least honest, but he doesn't.

It wouldn't be a notable moment in the show if it didn't cast this reflection of its fan base. But it did and now all this discussion

has rick directly killed any woman in this show?

Probably but it's not as if he'd differentiate

>Sup Forums gets mad at a dumb show overanalyzing itself
>OP's response is overanlyzing a dumb show

Rule 34 on the therapist?

and he's autistic!

>50% of this is outright false
>attempts to prop up rick as anything but a psychopath gary stu who does not develop in any way and constantly ruins the world around him
>xavier now somehow qualifies as a sociopath
>"edgy"

Rick is a developing character it's just subtle