Who is the biggest hack between these two?

Who is the biggest hack between these two?

they might as well be the same person as they pander to the same entry level /r/movies goon
villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet like the other talentless hack

Definitely Villenueve. Nolan's films are actually good, regardless of what Sup Forums retroactively insists. Nolan didn't become shit on here until Sup Forums was disappointed with the TDKR. Until then he had a perfect record.

>t. a 19 year old

>Until then he had a perfect record.
Nope.

>Who is the biggest hack between these two?
>dennis
>hack

Why are you being a contrarian faggot, OP?

TDKR is his best work though

Post your top 20 films of all time pleb otherwise stick to your game of thrones general

How about YOU post your top 10

Fincher.

Villenueve: worst film (Arrival) is good. Not even bad

Nolan: worst film so bad it became a Sup Forums meme that will never die

Villenueve.

Nolan is shit but it feels like he is kind of trying. Villenueve either just has shit taste or half-asses it and panders to plebs.

He asked to you first, cuck.

Villenueve. Several years ago I watched Prisoners with high expectations and not only found them not met, but found myself utterly bored. It was not a good experience. I found the acting to be over the top, the writing, again, weak, and the moral quandaries uncompelling and unoriginal. The movie had nothing to say so instead it bloated itself with needless symbolism and attempts at emotion. I'm sure you'll disagree, many have before, but to say Villeneuve is one of the best working today is preposterous. He makes competent, hollow movies, that impress people because they either haven't seen better or have been numbed by the barrage of awful movies that have been coming out

>entry level /r/movies goon
huh?

Don't fucking sit there and act like you don't browse reddit. We all do. It's perfectly fine as long as you recognize that they have entry level taste.

He is not my favorite director and his movies aren't in any lists of mine but he still makes good movies. There is a spectrum between Pleb and patrician, Best movie and worst movie.

not me

>We all do

Villneuevve.

At least Nolan films are enjoyable

correct

>He is not my favorite director and his movies aren't in any lists of mine but he still makes good movies. There is a spectrum between Pleb and patrician, Best movie and worst movie.
>that absolute cop out
Confirmed pleb taste. You were better of just letting the other guy pretend to be you

he's up there for sure
although zodiac was very good

Is the fact that that I don't see everything in black and white a cop out? What? Do you really want me to list 20 movies? They wont be the right movies anyway.

Learn to appreciate movies for what they are. cape-shit is fine when you're taking your nephew to see them and Villenueve and Nolan are fine when watching movies with your friends. As I said, there is a spectrum

It amazes me how similar these guys are both to Kubrik and Orson Welles and yet this is how you silly dumb children shit on them just because they are modern.
Either admit all 4 are hacks and go back to fisting your assholes to French wave and clusterfuck Russian films or get over yourselves because none of you actually know how to films actually work.

Villeneuve looks like a massive mouthbreather

I would not trust that sort of person to direct my movies, Nolan at least has a certain classic british look to him

>Who is the biggest hack between these two?
anyone who likes them

>Nolan didn't become shit on here until Sup Forums was disappointed with the TDKR
fucking WRONG, in fact it became a turning point for the board when people stopped getting laughed at for liking Nolan's flicks.

I have eyes like the guy on the left but even worse. I want to have surgery on my eyelids but i have constant eczema around my eyes so i can't have surgery. What do Sup Forums?

TDK was loved by everyone on this board you fucking pleb

No, it wasn't.

Yes, it was.

You're wrong you fucking newfag. Sup Forums shat on Nolan all the time, then you fucking Sup Forums Sup Forums reddit crossposters came here and started acting like he was GOAT, and now people are beginning to see him for the hack he is again.

Nolan.
Denis has never made a below average movie

Sup Forums wasnt even around when TDK came out newfag

That's a very very VERY flattering photo of Nolan. When he's not dolled up to the Nth degree he looks like shit.
Like Brandon Gleeson's uglier brother.

>Nolan didn't become shit on here until Sup Forums was disappointed with the TDKR

Bull fucking shit. People were shitting on Nolan for TDK calling it pabulum and all that shit. Sup Forums was spammed daily with anti-Nolan threads.

> now people are beginning to see him for the hack he is
except Dunkirk is one of best revied movies in his carrer

ITT ELITIST LETTERBOXD KINOPSEUDS THREATENED BY THE DYNAMIC DUO OF ELEVATED QUALITY MASS MARKET BLOCKBUSTERS

GO BACK TO YOUR BELA TARR KIAROSTAMI FLIQUES THAT ALL OF 20 PEOPLE HAVE SEEN

YOURE ""REAL""""" DIRECTORS HAVE NO IMPACT ON THE CULTURAL ZEITGEIST LIKE THESE TWO WIDELY VIEWED AUTEURS

>pleb apes koz gimmick whilst being an entry level surface pleb that knows nothing about cinema

Villenueve. Several years ago I watched Prisoners with high expectations and not only found them not met, but found myself utterly bored. It was not a good experience. I found the acting to be over the top, the writing, again, weak, and the moral quandaries uncompelling and unoriginal. The movie had nothing to say so instead it bloated itself with needless symbolism and attempts at emotion. I'm sure you'll disagree, many have before, but to say Villeneuve is one of the best working today is preposterous. He makes competent, hollow movies, that impress people because they either haven't seen better or have been numbed by the barrage of awful movies that have been coming out

>still no lists

>being surprised at all
Villenueve fans(much like nolands and finchers) are the biggest plebs on this board

Lynch fans are the plebiest though.

I don't see much of them here anymore
Not like before the new season of twin peaks

maybe it's time for you to go back you niggerfaggot
>browsing reddit
>lmao everyone does it doe amirite guise? xxD xD they're so pleb doe amirite!?
remove yourself from my chinese cartoon forum and kys

exactly

his movies are the equivalent of a friend trying to describe a movie they really were into to you, no matter how well they can describe it you're not watching the fucking thing

villeneuve may resemble spielberg stylewise, but he's a twentieth of what spielberg could do at the height of his powers. nolan is more like the george lucas we were promised prior to lucas getting stuck doing star wars his whole life.

Villenueve. Nolan makes entertaining movies, despite his lack of culture.

I take offense to people calling Nolan a hack, because Nolan is not a hack.
His best movies are his pre-2010 movies: Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight.
I admit Inception was weak, but TDKR made up for it. What does anyone actually have against it? The "bad" writing? Are you going to go on and on about how "he didn't fly so good" is a bad line? Wow, like no other movie ever had some cringey lines of dialogue.
There are almost no plot holes either. Try it. Name any plot hole in TDKR you want, and i will prove you wrong by explaining why it isn't a plot hole. The plane crash scene should be excluded though, because that has been talked about to death already

Oh, shut up, guys. Fincher is not a refined genius, but a good director.

>DENIS
Shitty Jonathan Glazer
>Nolan
Every babby favourite director

>Shitty Jonathan Glazer
very accurate actually
wew

nolans movies stand out as being good because everything else in hollywood is such utter shit