BCB - Bittersweet Candy Bowl 12-19-16

I didn't see any thread in archive, so...

What did you guys thought of the new page? I kinda want to see what Lucy's planning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fsrw0bEVWls
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88537950/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I binged the entirety of this, from start to finish, last night after seeing this threads. I hate every character in this comic, but I'm not sure if I hate sandy, Lucy or fucking Mike more. Lucy suddenly coming back is super weird, considering I was glad she fucked off in the first place.

Sandy needs to get more screentime.

As for Mike, I hope he stops sulking so much and becomes more determined... like he was at the start of the comic.

Lucy... when she left the comic did take a lighter note. When she came back, I could see it all tumbling down... but with this update I rather wanna see if she will use her traits for good.

>but with this update I rather wanna see if she will use her traits for good
>Lucy
>The harbinger of Drama
>Using her powers to iflict drama for good
Shit was already going south the minute she showed up
Her being gone was a godsend

That wasn't necessary her fault through. If she puts Paulo a few notches down then it will be alright.

Sandy either needs to get more screentime or just leave forever. Reading this makes me think of sandy in the same way I though of Lunafreya in FFXV. Designated girl who is fine I guess, but get's no where near enough screen time to justify cucking main character out of OTP.

Her showing up basically ruined what was looking to be a good chapter
By how it started it was looking to be a Paulo and Daisy focused chapter
But now that she's showed up it's going to be nothing but a Lucy and Augustus chapter, guest starring the rest

Sandy however had an important purpose: to show that the main OTP had some serious problems that people were ignoring.

But by now, I agree she needs to appear more or phase out.

I'm sure we will soon return to Daisy. Taeshi is just changing the viewpoint to stall a little (since everyone, me included, wants to know what is happening at the table). It's a common tactic before the meltdown.

>Taeshi is just changing the viewpoint to stall a little
The jump from Abbey and Jazz to Lucy was kind of jarring
Should've really went back to the table or do a timeskip to the end of the day or something

Yes, I would rather that too.

But if I figure Taeshi, she will stall it until near Christmas (or perhaps New Year).

Like December meltdown.

>Like December meltdown.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fsrw0bEVWls

A controlling child prone to temper tantrums. Sound like anyone else we know, Lucy?

There was a thread yesterday, but it got deleted

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88537950/

I'll be honest, I was a lot more interested in seeing what was going on in Lucy's head at this point than watching DaisyxPauloxAbbey come unwound yet again.

Why was it deleted?

A mystery for the ages.

I think it just died due to no responses

Maybe mods don't like the general word?

Poppy and Endtown I never saw that happen.

I don't remember a BCB thread dying with less than 10 posts.

Nah, it's not listed in the onsite archive and desuarchive has it marked specifically as deleted ("at 19:22:06").

>Maybe mods don't like the general word?

Generals were banned at one point, but that was years and years ago. I have no idea what the policy is these days.

Then I dunno. Probably mods being stupid.

>I have no idea what the policy is these days.
Generals aren't allowed
But they are allowed
But they're not allowed

That's the policy

Im gonna guess Paulo will either kick his ass or become his friend

> Paulo
> acting reasonably

Maybe Augustus shares a lust for titties that equal Paulo's

Augustus doesn't seem the hot blooded type.

Maybe when he gets drunk or drugged up he gets a major stiffy

Doesn't getting drunk make you unable to get it up?

I think that, drunk, he would trend more to the emotional side.

Not with me

I binged it a few nights ago, and I also despise all the fucking characters.

>Mike is literally retarded, leads Daisy/Lucy on and then shuts them down in a super hardcore way so it pretty much garauntees drama.
>Lucy abuses Mike endlessly and then is surprised when he doesn't like her
>Daisy is a two-timing bitch who can't decide between Abbey and Mike
>Paulo has a thing for six different girls and ever since "Boy Toy" is also implied to have a thing for Mike and David, making it EIGHT PEOPLE in total
>Abbey is a literal psychopath
>Sandy spent pretty much all of the comic super supportive and then comes to town and acts like a bitch to Mike for no reason
>David is a LOLSORANDUMB faggot but he can occasionally be funny and he's not a completely despicable person so he's pretty much the best guy on the whole cast

This comic is honestly garbage but maybe Paulo and David will fuck eventually so I'll keep reading. Also pic related I actually laughed at BCB.

Abbey isn't a psycho, he just has a hyper-autistic Manichean view of the world that's not realistic at all, thanks to his experiences with his stereotypically evil dad. Sometimes I wish Taeshi made Abbey's father a less objectively awful person, I'd like it if he was more dynamic

What about Rachael

I mean, teenagers are prone to being garbage people, it's not that weird.

The only hangup I could imagine with her would be that she fucked paulo pretty much only to fuck with Tess all those issues ago. Nowadays she's a sweetheart though

It wouldn't be so bad if Taeshi showed other sides of the characters rather than just their relationships. We barely have any information on the characters other than who they like and how prone they are to choking out their "friends".

It is a relationship drama, so obviously that'll be the main focus. I agree that some more slice of life issues would be nice, but I believe there have a couple already. It would be a different comic if those were the focus

>Daisy sees Abbey with Jazz, gets with Paulo to make him jealous but realizes now she can't get over Abbey

Calling it now

What he fuck did she see in Abbey anyway?
She didnt even put out, fucking bitch

That'd be a uniquely Daisy conundrum, hope everything works out with that but obviously it won't.

I think they had a mutual attraction and he asked her out before Paulo had the guts to. I imagine by cat standards Abbey is a handsome lad, too

He was cheaper Mike.

Abbey saved her from Augustuss advances. She was helping him get through his issues and she likes a man that's open about his weaknesses. But really for Daisy she was looking for a way to forget Mike, Abbey is Daisy's second choice, Abbey only liked Daisy and Daisy ignored that for like a year.

> not knowing best ending is everyone x Mike
> even the boys

nope, best ending is still Paulo x Lucy x Mike

> nope, best ending is still Paulo x Mike

Fixed.

Lucy died in the correct timeline.

It seems like Mike is higher maintenance than many women I've known. I'd honestly pity the one who has to deal with that cat in the end. Like, who gets so drunk they cry their eyes out and fall asleep in a girls bedroom at a party? That's just sad

> Like, who gets so drunk they cry their eyes out and fall asleep in a girls bedroom at a party? That's just sad

Er, user, you remember that Mike was having nightmares because he almost made a girl he knew loved him commit suicide, right?

Well yeah, but you certainly don't get publically drunk with mutual friends knowing you've done those things. My favorite part of that night was when Mike somehow had deluded himself into thinking his life was in any way difficult

Are there humans in this world or are there only sentient non-primate terrestial vertebrates? I would've thought smaller beings like Lily would've been all exterminated by the early cat and dog people eons ago

> Well yeah, but you certainly don't get publically drunk with mutual friends knowing you've done those things.

user, you should reread the chapter. Mike had never drank before. It was his first time and he was naive to try it. Once he started he tried to drown his sorrows in it.

> My favorite part of that night was when Mike somehow had deluded himself into thinking his life was in anyway difficult

Excluding the fact he was constantly harassed by his 'friends' and everyone would always take their side instead of him?

If it was real life it's shittier than mine and all my close friends.

Everyone are cats and dogs, because Taeshi couldn't draw humans.

I don't think that's unfair to Mike, he literally was in the wrong, and even still Daisy hugged and defended him.

Theres cats (white people)
And dogs (black people)

> I don't think that's unfair to Mike, he literally was in the wrong, and even still Daisy hugged and defended him.

user, did you read the comic since the beginning?

Mike was talking about his treatment overall. His fault was telling Lucy off too hard, but after all that bullshit it would be complicated to don't go this way.

>Lucy involved in any way
>good ending
The unobjective best ending is Mike x David x Paulo. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't

>implying being a tiny sentient creature like Lucy's pets wouldn't be worse than being a strong strapping dog

From what we've seen, dogs are often taller and stronger (male dogs especially) than cats. Don't know if they have claws like the cats, though, since we've only seen Paulo's fully extended, I believe

Oh yeah I suppose so, I was just thinking about that particular instance. Too bad Mike is weaker than Lucy, maybe none of this would've happened otherwise

> Oh yeah I suppose so, I was just thinking about that particular instance.

True.

> Too bad Mike is weaker than Lucy, maybe none of this would've happened otherwise.

Mike used to be stronger at the beginning (he still took Lucy punishment, but he would sometimes defend himself). Taeshi however has turned him into a full pushover.

Didn't he literally catch a punch from Paulo after Lucy's exile? Not that much of a pushover, apparently

That was more a reflex.

When compared with his previous Mike, also in confrontation, he became much much more weak.

Still, even if he was strong it would be hard to stop Lucy with the friends taking her side.

Mike's physical aptitude has fluctuated wildly. Isn't he technically a star athlete, too?

They both deserve terrible people
So both her and Paulo ending up together would make sense

That was a moment of weakness

It made my dick strong and heart weak

That really should have ended up happening. It would be more interesting than what happened afterwards, especially if it led to Mike fighting Paulo

fucking this

> That really should have ended up happening.

A girl being taken advantage off while emotionally vulnerable? That would be a terrible example.

Are you one of the mikexlucy shippers? How do you do it?

It would've been dramatic though. If I cared about morals I wouldn't be reading this

Paulo and Lucy actually

So who's fault will Mike and Sandy's break up be? Basing off his hissy fit that night I'm suspecting Mike will crack first

Almost certainly Mike. Together with Lucy they generate nearly all drama that occurs in this comic

Btw is mikes room like heavily insulated? If I screamed like this in the middle of the night my parents would be be up in a moment, not just a nextdoor sibling

Does anyone else wish someone in the comic had a drug problem? That'd be one of the more realistic teenage issues to deal with, I think

>does anyone wish there was even more drama in the comic

...no. No, I think there's probably enough to be going on with already

I mean Augustus may get Lucy into it

If you didn't have a bottomless thirst for drama why do you even read it?

...good point, well made.

How do you guys think Paulo is going to ruin his relationship with Rachel? I have a bad feeling about it in the long run, one off comic aside

I could see that, or at least into tobacco. Maybe while they're trying to take down Toby

Paulo gets an addiction to David's knot early, causing a paradox

I'm sure David's love will go unrequited, I'm afraid. Really is too bad, no girl will ever be half as stable and caring as Dave

Damn shame

Well we'll only be free of Sandy when she breaks up with Mike or vice versa. Maybe soon maybe not