Mighty Max appreciation thread

Mighty Max appreciation thread

This show cartoon was way better then it had any business being.

>Rob Paulsen trying to sound like a kid

I like Rob, but holy shit that is THE MOST annoying voice in his repertoire. I couldn't make it past the first episode; way too obnoxious.

"I eat (insert monster of the week here) for breakfast."

Surprisingly grim and violent. The monster of the week would kill people all the time.

Sucks Mattel refuses to acknowledge MM or any 90s IPs like Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs but instead jerks off to that 80s He-Man shit.

Fuck 80sfags and (Most of) their shitty cartoons.

That's because MM was just Polly Pocket for goth kids and other such types you'd find in a Hot Topic.

Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs were shitty shows though.

Also, they base shit on what sells....if there was actually enough interest in either of those properties to generate a worthwhile sum over the years I'm sure they would do something with them, but they're just going to get outsold by TMNT so why bother?

It's also like...pretty much JUST now the turning point for where people who were little kids in the 90s and grew up with this shit are becoming old middle aged guys with disposable income, so who knows if they'll try to make money on that demo in the near future.....Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie being made, Hasbro makes Beast Wars Masterpiece figures, if they had any reason to bank on nostalgia that era is only just about starting right now

>That's because MM was just Polly Pocket for goth kids and other such types you'd find in a Hot Topic.

Or...you know, just Polly Pocket for boys

>Sucks Mattel refuses to acknowledge MM

They don't really have a choice. Toy safety standards have changed since the 90s and anything that includes small pieces that kids could swallow and choke on are outlawed.

Mighty Max was nothing BUT small pieces that stupid kids could eat and the liability risks are too high.

I forget that everybody was still cisgender in the '90s.

*looks at some utterly awful gastropod monsters*

"I eat... ... ...Nevermind."

Micro Machines still makes shit on that scale. Picked up a few of those TFA sets on the cheap for the holidays.

They still make Polly Pocket sets, they just changed them from being literally pocket sized things to being normal playsets with small figures

They could do this in theory with Mighty Max.....but come on, it's been a while since I've been to a toy store since I buy everything online so I don't know exactly every line that young boys are into, but I never see any boy's toys advertised on childrens tv other than TMNT, Transformers, Marvel shit, Power Rangers, and Lego shit so I just assume that nothing else really sells that good anymore

Or we could "appreciate" his mom

What is your major malfunction

this so hard
That's how I felt as a kid but holy shit if he hasn't grown on me over the decades

I think people who were kids in the 90s had a lot more money 10 years ago than they do now

Max is a fucking qt

Most notable thing about Street Sharks was that guy who convinced a bunch of people that his headcanon was real by making up a bunch of plot synopses in wikis.

not surprising
it's weird to me looking back at street sharks and realizing that at some point I just stopped watching. I don't remember ceasing to watch, I just remember it disappearing, but there's like a whole season at the end that doesn't sound the slightest bit familiar to me, villains I don't remember, and most significantly apparently the extreme dinosaurs had a backdoor pilot episode.. which I knew nothing of, even as I watched extreme dinosaurs (this time to make fun of it) from the beginning. its first episode seemed to cover their origin entirely without the need to have watched the street sharks episode, so..

It is amazing how something that stupid (and I had no love for the toys, though I can kind of appreciate some of their attitude now) got polished into such a great show. The idea of portals meant you could justify a normal person experiencing a variety of playsets..er.. settings.. but they went even further with it, domestic threats, threats from space,.. it was about as diverse in theming as doctor who
plus there was legit emotion in some of that shit. I FELT shit about those poor islandguys getting turned into mindless komodo dragon slaves

>"I eat page 10 for breakfast."

The aesthetics in this show were so unique. I wanna know what else the art design guys worked on... Norman and Skullmaster's swords were totally unique, unlike any other fantasy barbarian weapon designs I've seen. Virgil's eyebrow and moustache feathers were just perfect. The various robot enemies looked straight out of some awesome action figure line.
and that's not even getting to the shading

DVD release when

fuck i would pay money for that

Uh... why's he teaming up with the Duke of Owls from Rock a Doodle?

>monster of the week is a mad scientist with a forced evolution machine
>keeps using it on himself to become progressively more powerful as the episode goes on
>eventually he's evolved into a floating orb with incredible psychic abilities
>still isn't enough to take the good guys down
>evolves himself further and reaches a point where he realizes that what he's doing is petty and wrong so he just floats away
I always liked that ending.

Technically an inaccurate summary, and leaving out the really neat bit
it was a devolution machine he was using to make dinosaurs out of random shit and get himself an army of prehistoric slaves.. then max hit on the idea of goading him into switching it into reverse and hitting himself with it, which worked because he was unable to USE his new brain, it was too advanced and he hadnt grown up with it. Pretty smart for something so nonsensical
then in the SEQUEL he's gotten used to it, comes back, and then max hits him with an extra dose of the shit until he becomes a glowing ball babbling about music
Virgil muses that he's now beyond the simple concepts of good and evil