What are some phrases that immediately make you ignore someone's opinion on a movie?

What are some phrases that immediately make you ignore someone's opinion on a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/europe/201709251057665752-sweden-migrants-child-marriage/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kino

>I don't know who directed it

>comfy

Degenerate

faggot

>"turn your brain off!"
>"no character development!"
>any mentioning of the words "shill" or "reddit"

>pretentious
>bad writing
>bad directing
>it tried to be *insert bullshit*
>SJW propaganda

I generally dont talk to retards about films.

>>"no character development!"
nothing wrong with this argument, you just turned your brain off you stupid redditor shill

>Kino
>It's shit
>It's boring

>dont talk to retards about films
Then wtf are you doing here?

>Its okay for movies to have bad writing and directing and be pretentious

kek. You must be one hell of a kinoisseur

Character development is not a requirement for quality entertainment, and isn't present in a large portion of books and movies.

Starring Jennifer Lawrence

>x is what y should have been

>gee, i'm not sure who the main gaffer was

Not him but people describe movies like that without explaining how or why and it's meaningless.

>white savior
>misogynistic

"I liked it"

Yes, I get that but he's implying he ignores them before they even get a chance to explain their stance.

>the book was better

Some of the best films don't have or need an ounce of character development.

I doubt it, from what I've seen on eleven years of this board. Most people just stick to the words and don't care for explanation.

>I don't like the movie because the director gave an opinion on something entirely unrleated

>i didnt find the story fun

>no substance, just style

End the conversation.

>t. brainlet

some of the worst films have no character development either

checkmate, i win

"I haven't seen it but "
sometimes followed by "I heard that.. "

comparing marvel and DC movies as if any of them are good

If they say anything political, liberal or conservative.

STD criticism in one sentence.

>"It took itself too seriously"

Like, did you expect them to treat the movie like a big joke that didn't really matter?

Not him but character development for any piece of books or movies that require anything but skin deep motivations. Not saying its required but it definitely helps if you want things to happen with the characters and not to the characters.

>avant garde
>social commentary
>making of a classic
>redeemed the series

>It's pretentious
>Its Kino
>Its shit
>Just turn your brain off
>Its 'Reddit'

"t. brainlet"

>"popcorn movie"
its by far the most annoying phrase I've ever come across

this

t. brainlet

pretentious. boring. slow.

Fucking checked.

>Batman vs. Superman wasn't shit.

Lovecraftian
Kafkaesque

>boring

How is that a flawed criticism? There are legitimately boring movies out there, and only a pseudo-intellectual dweeb pretends to enjoy them.

>If you're looking for X movie you won't like it, but if you just want Y it's fun.

>Sometimes I just need to watch something that lets me turn off my brain.

>X scene was epic!

>I really like how they gave all our favorite characters closure.

Or anything that refers to characters as action figures or objects to have a make-believe adventure with in regard to the last point. People ignore story, writing, and acting just because they want to know what happened to Elizabeth and Will ten years after the last Pirates movie came out or where Han Solo's been or some horseshit.

>"the best movie of it's genre since X"
>"i was so mad that they didn't fall in love or kiss"
>"the movie had a sad/dark ending. it was a waste of time"

SJW or actor/director biased.
>I hate him/her coz she did this/tha t[not related to actuall movie] XY years ago... blabla.
I respect everyone's opinion and like to know it. Maybe someone noticed something I missed, and this could be intresting find to me. Maybe someone based his opinion on misunderstood concept, so can hint him a bit. Many times seen people changing a bit of their opinion after I pointed something, even small details about it. Many times someone's opinion shown me other point of view too.

kino just doesn't have any meaning, at least the way Sup Forums uses it
it might as well just mean video

'shit writing'

>"You should check it out. It's on netflix"

>Spielbergian
>Kubrickian
>Nolan-esque

>what is it’s rate on rotten tomatoes?

The word's been used so much on here that it's lost meaning with me.

"problematic"

"at the end of the day"

"racism"

>It's the Empire Strikes Back of the series!

If a film doesn't provoke an emotion (enjoyment) and fails to be thought provoking instead then it just blows. Period.

What's wrong with that nigga? Netflix has a lot of great movies.

unless you're talking about Netflix Originals

>it has an 89% on rotten tomatoes

Plenty of characters are written well enough that they don't need to change, and there are many stories where characters are not the main focus but instead the setting, a concept, the story, or even something simple like action and good vs evil are the focus of the story.

Who gives a fuck about the changes in a character in something like A Fistfull of Dollars, Hard to be a God, Bill & Ted, The Holy Grail, or MD Geist?

>it won't win any oscars but

>I liked it because it was raw/had balls/didn't pull punches

>It's cheesy fun

Everyone was saying how brutal Dredd was after seeing it.

I was one of them

>raunchy

Didn't even surpass the old version.

Then there is that. I am talking about more of a story of characters themselves. I did not say there isn't any stories not forced on them.

I'm saying, If you have a movie where things are happening to the characters its better to have them develop and change during a movie.

You're implying that I said all stories are about characters which isn't what I said. I said the ones including them as a driving force benefit from having character development.

The old one is shit.

>It's not for everyone

>it's so bad it's good

How autistic are you
I did too with my personal friends. It was a badass movie.
Gtfo Stallone you're dogshit.

>"it's just a movie!"

There are people who think humanity evolved to tell stories just to entertain, and not to educate.

>nobody I could relate to
t. a friend's criticism of both Eraserhead and Trainspotting

>a character x can empathise towards/to represent x

>my personal friends
>not going with someone else's friends
FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEEEE

>bad because I can't morally agree with the character's actions
Heard it before but mainly by women

Boy I am autistic.

If every movie tried to teach me something and not just entertain. I wouldn't watch movies.

There is a time to teach and time for just a fun time. Great movies can do both but I'd rather if not all movies did both.

But I listed five movies that were better to not have the characters change in any way and I can keep going. Django('66), Yojimbo, Shin Gojira, Basterds, Princess Bride, hell.

How can you be such a rube?

The new one takes place entirely in a shabby looking contemporary hotel and the old one takes place in a cyberpunk metropolis. New one's also boring as fuck. It's only redeeming quality is it has a better ending.

>it was dated
It's really just pleb code for "I'm a millennial who needs 80/70/60/50 year old films to play to my fragile modern sensibilities."

It's not a question of whether character development is good or not. It's that saying something is bad because it lacks it is asinine.

"I"

>If every movie tried to teach me something and not just entertain. I wouldn't watch movies.
Well they do, so i guess you shouldn't watch movies.

>There is a time to teach and time for just a fun time. Great movies can do both but I'd rather if not all movies did both.
Stories teach people how to behave no matter how they are presented. So if people don't care about what morals or values the movies are teaching people, they are only going to get worse as time goes on.

Harry Potter was nothing more than a fun story for fun time right? Yet, when those people need an example of good or evil they refer back to those movies/books, and they're awful, especially morally.

Stories are the only way you can teach morality to the vast majority of humans. Few people are capable of finding their own moral compass.

It's not good to teach people to stay the same their entire lives.

Stories with characters who change over time are beneficial to society.

>You're Welcome

>art must be anything
opinion discarded

>pretentious
>characters aren't likeable
>relatable
I can't stand anything that judges the narrative over more important aspects like themes.

>too much blood.

>fun for all the family!

There is no teach if something tells me.

>Hurrr being bad is bad, being good is good.

Thats common sense and isn't a lesson outside of the first time you hear it. Once you learn a thing there is no teaching it again, only retelling.

I also disagree majorly that stories are the only reason we have morality. It doesn't explain why colonies of apes and primates in general can have morality without needing to be taught or told to have it, They don't need stories for that. I hear that line of defense when people bring up god and the bible.

I think you imply that basic human things, Like morality, aren't inherent. Which I think they are, people who lack them are in the vast minority and have actual mental issues. I know i'll get shit on though.

>Watch Nightcrawler with some friends
>Buddies girlfriend said she didn't like the movie because Jake's character wasn't likeable

You should consider suicide as a viable life choice.

fpbp

Any version of "turn your brain off".
A movie can be fun without being stupid you lazy normies.

other way around my dudz

If art is everything then nothing is art. Thanks, post-modernism.

>Thats common sense
No it isn't. Is it bad to steal?

>I also disagree majorly that stories are the only reason we have morality
How has the world fared since the world turned its back on religion? Oh right.
sputniknews.com/europe/201709251057665752-sweden-migrants-child-marriage/

>Like morality, aren't inherent.
Have you ever watched Chinese CCTV? Have you ever seen how africans dole out justice to each other in africa?

>I know i'll get shit on though
Respectfully, i think you haven't been paying attention.

>it portrais an interracial couple, this is clearly a sign of the white genocide agenda!

>sputniknews.com
why is it that the same kind of people that considers CNN fake news proceeds to gobble up all kind of sourceless fantasy shit from the internet and believe it?

a raunchy litty kino