Let's say the MCU's still profitable by 2028, as planned

Let's say the MCU's still profitable by 2028, as planned.

That's 2 more Phases. 2 more Strange, Panther, CapMarv & Spidey movies. Those franchises will be old news.

What the fuck's next? What's even left to BE next? Man-Thing ain't trilogy material, surely.

Hard mode: no Fantastic Four.

Elsa Bloodstone
Morbius
Blade
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider

There's plenty they could do, but by then most of the actors will start to have aged considerably.

They'll most likely try to do some legacy heroes next. Or replace old actors with new ones but still remaining the same guy. Like Stark will use some sort of tech to make himself young again and he'll be played by a new actor, that kinda thing.

There's also Venom, the maximum carnage series. Onslaught, Quite a few old events.

I oonly hope they've wrenched the x-men and f4 licenses from fox by then, and gotten the rest of them back

X-men are actively being hurt by the embargo, they haven't had a cartoon series on a decent network in years.

Soft Reboot have captain America be reserected tony from the past etc so they can recast and have a good excuse for Casuals

He legacy characters will never happen thy pretty much said they had plans to replace all the actors when they get to old but still need the characters

Most we are going to get is Bucky cap for 3 films while they get a new Steve and make up a story to deage him and have them hype it up

No one calls the new Batman issues "old news"

they just keep making them

You're dumb, op

Black Knight.
The Indiana Jones of comics movies.

James Bond is played by different actors and nobody bats an eyelash, after the initial recasting kerfuffle. The MCU and for that matter all cape movies can do the same.

Well that's sort of due to the fact that it's happened for so many years now. I doubt that an eyebrow wasn't raised when Sean Connery was replaced for the first time.

Still, there is the whole "nobody even remembers Rhodey or that one guy from the Warriors 3 got replaced" thing so maybe there's something to that

user this is a company that thought Age of Ultron, Dr Strange & Thor Ragnarok needed "lightening up" be serious for a moment.
Although yes I too would rather like Midnight Sons at some point.

Feige has said they want to shake the roster up every few years to lessen the risk of franchise fatigue. We're not getting an "Iron Man 4" anytime soon, I'd put money on it.
DC puts everything into Batman, Marvel has nothing as strong. They make up for it with plasticity.

>Blade

I don't think he'd fit. If a secret race of being had been existing alongside humans for centuries, I think Shield would've noticed and it would've been brought to the attention of the Avengers.

The DarkHold can create Vampires.

>mfw quipping and family friendly Frank Castle

Frank Castle's already in the MCU tho.
:^)

>The DarkHold

You think they'd bring that in just to create justification for Vampires?

>Frank Castle's already in the MCU tho.
Since when? Was it some easter-egg I missed?

>Since when? Was it some easter-egg I missed?

He means the Netflix shows which are still sort of in the MCU.

Mariner.

Captain Marvel mentoring Ms. Marvel seems obvious.

They'll finally announce that the TV/Netflix shows aren't canon, and then they'll make Daredevil/Ghost Rider/Frank films.

>Moon Knight
>Ghost Rider

I'd love both of these to be honest.

Could be something that gets retconned as being filed away before SHIELD was destroyed in TWS

>What is Hercules and Amadeus Cho

>What is Shulkie

>What is cloak and dagger

>what is runaways

>what is young avengers

>what is new warriors like nova, justice and firestar

> what is midnight sons

>what is moon knight

Yeah. Marvel totally doesn't have hundreds of other IP to focus. I mean its not like they took something like GotG, which had like one or two runs that ranged from ok to medicore and made it a critically acclaimed blockbuster.

Marvel is sooooo fucked despite their history of elevating B to C-list characters and making entertaining films out of them for casuals to enjoy.

Thanos movies

Thanos traveling the cosmos putting the beatdown on big bad cosmic forces

I know you wanted more superhero, but the answer is Thanos. What movie do they make? It's Thanos.

>Could be something that gets retconned as being filed away before SHIELD was destroyed in TWS

I don't think it's something they would've thrown in the backburner. The existence of Vampires would be a serious issue as their very nature is a threat to the security of the human race. That's something that would've been front and center for the Avengers to deal with. It'd be too big an issue to ignore and not mention.

It's stuff like that why Mutants and Inhumans would never work in the MCU at this point. It's simply too late for them to exist in that world and not have been mentioned sooner.

3 of those are in production as TV shows, 2 are off-limits legally and what's left is either redundant or 2edgy4disney.
This isn't a "The MCU is gonna die guys!" thread, I love this shit and hope it goes on indefinitely. But I really like the specific structure they've established. The Tony/Cap/Thor trinity system is cool. What makes it work also applies to a Strange/Challa/Carol system, seamlessly. But after that... I dunno. None of the scraps left fit. Could you really envision an MCU centered around She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Justice as the "trinity"? So presumably they'd need a totally different system altogether.

Blade
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider
Those are more likely to be Netflicks

idk if you were around for the pre-MCU boom but nobody in their right mind thought Thor-Steve-Tony could be done or seen at all. Marvel made it happen. Nobody thought GotG or antman would do well but marvel made it work.

Don't underestimate these guys. I swear Marvel can make 6 Howard the Duck movies and they will still make billions, even if it triggers lots of autistic console fags.

>You think they'd bring that in just to create justification for Vampires?
It's already been brought in.

Give Ghost Rider another movie

I'm sure there will just be an overall reboot eventually.

Thor-Steve-Tony works thematically and historically. They make up a functioning Freudian Trio and each have hundreds of eponymous comics to draw material & inspiration from, individually.
It wasn't about prior exposure, it was about being basically workable. As are the new three, IMO. Past that, what full fresh IPs are left to slot in? Namor, Nova and Captain Britain? I mean, shit I'd watch it but it looks so goddamn random. Not to mention Namor's still tied up elsewhere and like FUCK would the execs look at the name Captain fucking Britain and think "yeah, China would eat up three of these".

Look I know about their historic value and all that bullshit but I keep trying to point you to antman and other marvel shit. Marvel has proven time and time again that they can make bizarre concepts and make them fun entertaining flicks.

If we get a Machine Man- Spider-Gwen- Thunderstrike dynamic 30 years from now Marvel will still make it work somehow. Thats the gift of good comics in general as well man.

See, that's what I'm afraid of (and honestly what I kind of expect, 2028's probably Marvel Studios' Secret Wars).
I seriously would love to see a Captain Britain trilogy. And a Man-Thing trilogy. And an Eternals trilogy. They're great IPs that would make amazing films. But there's so little material and such marketing barriers that I'd be lucky to get a single movie of just one of them.
Reboot, and those chances plummet even further, since the priority becomes remaking Iron Man, Thor, GotG, and all the shit that they know already works.

no such thing as redundant

just because you like a thing doesn't mean it's integral to the structure.

furthermore '2edgy4disney' is pretty meaningless since they've already shown repeatedly that they'll soften up the edges till das maus will let it slight wile still taking inspiration.

and redundany isn't really applicable either since your whole premise hinges on the idea that they will stop making movies regarding each franchise after a certain point. a trilogy of Starjammers movies wouldn't be redundant if they'd already stopped making Guardians of the Galaxy movies

MCU 2099

Ant-Man is the exception, yeah. Still holding my breath on if it gets a third movie too.
Thing is, I don't think Ant-Man would get picked for a movie now. It was an anachronism, stubbornly held-over from prior commitments. Between the delays, the changes, the budget, the marketing, I get the impression Marvel really didn't give a shit about it beyond the barest sense of obligation. It's the MCU's very own ginger step-child.
Sure, maybe the sequel means they've since changed their tune. Or maybe Feige just wanted to bump Inhumans off the schedule that badly, IDK. Point being I ain't holding my breath on Ka-Zar & Shanna being the next hot action couple when it's so less riskier to just hit reset and redo Iron Man.

When Runaways & New Warriors are both already in production, I don't see what Young Avengers can possibly bring.

Spider-Girl
Blade
Super Skrull
Silver Surfer

if they do a reboot it probably won't be a hard reboot but stuff like 2099, Exiles, and other 'spin-off' settings until the star actors of the first few phases aren't so fresh in the viewers minds and won't shun the movies when they go back to earth prime and pick up where they left off but with new actors

>just because you like a thing doesn't mean it's integral to the structure [...] your whole premise hinges on the idea that they will stop making movies regarding each franchise after a certain point
That's what I'm saying. I don't see the current premise working into 2030 so am wondering aloud what they can do to change it up.
And 2edgy4disney was my faggoty way of saying "pls no I want those on Netflix instead".

>Exiles
>every new movie's a self-contained Elseworld
>Fox probably own the rights and I am mad as fuck about it

Ant-Man was just too far along to cancel, and it ended up working out in the end. I'm sure the sequel will do okay; I can't imagine the budget will be huge.

At that point they might have resolved the whole Namor rights issue.

It's not too hard to remake the concept just mutant-less. It's not like it was that unique to begin with.

Damn I hope so.
I've been worked into Celebration threads two times already. And watched 2 seasons of Agent fucking Carter just in case he'd show.
By this point though the FF are probably getting back first so he might as well be the new Hulk, hovering around the sidelines.

We've already had Iron Man 4, 5 and 6. Also known as Avengers 1, 2 and Captain America 3

Fox owned Viper, Ego and Kang. Fucking KANG. AVENGERS ARCHENEMY. Rights contracts are plum retarded, anything remotely resembling Exiles might be grounds for a lawsuit.
Let's see how far along that New Warriors feat. Squirrel Girl project gets tho...

kek

I guess I like him better that way anyway, as sort of a wildcard that can go either way depending the needs.

Kang's first appearance was as Rama Tut in FF. Blame retcons.
They're not going to call it Exiles and "alternate versions team up" is mundane enough that it wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit, just forget about all the actual plot which wasn't that interesting. I mean even Spidey TAS did it, or Brave and the Bold more recently.

I find his surrounding lore fascinating. You can do 3 wildly different moves about just Namor stuff.
He's got source material deep enough to rival Doctor Strange or Black Panther easily, it took a while to come to terms with the fact that they wouldn't by Phase 4 bros. At least Carol's a hothead too.

Ghost rider vs lillith trying to create a deamon army on earth. Strange tries to help but johnny thinking he is one of the demons trying to mess with him puts the beat down on him (always loved that scene) then the rest of the movie is him basically trying to hunt down lillith and make actual peace with the spirit inside of him to unleash his full power to stop her and become the man who protects the boudaries of life and death.

And Wanda & Pietro debuted in X-Men they're still Avengery enough to get some slack.
It's bullshit senpai

>X-men are actively being hurt by the embargo, they haven't had a cartoon series on a decent network in years.

FOX doesn't make anything from the cartoons because it doesn't hold those rights. The only way they could possibly profit is if those cartoons were creating new characters/storylines for the movies to use.

The reason the X-Men aren't getting a cartoon is that networks only want the most popular properties. It's why Green Lantern got cancelled, why Young Justice ended up on Netflix' pay-download model, and so on. Nothing to do with FOX unless you want to argue that they're running the franchise into the ground with the general, non-comic-reading populace by making shitty movies.

>What's even left to BE next?

Iron Man and Hulk were the starters because Spider-Man and the X-Men - the big, popular properties all through the 90s and some of the early years of this century - were not available, nor were the "first family", who might otherwise have seemed a natural starting point. But Hulk failed pretty hard and Iron Man was wildly successful in a way you honestly couldn't have predicted. Hell, when they announced Doctor Strange I was thinking back to the unwatchable tv movie and expecting a low gross, but it's a pretty solid success.

Who knows? Man-Thing's a possibility. Anything's a possibility. Just pray they don't go full WB and have a 90s extreem phase.

Kang would have been specifically named in the FF contract in order to have been included, or else the FF stories in which he appeared were specified.

I think they said they had, earlier this year.

>The reason the X-Men aren't getting a cartoon is that networks only want the most popular properties.
>Nothing to do with FOX
I'm thinking of an entirely different "unless" btw. Apocalypse was based af.

Because the contract must also have specified that any putative Avengers movie/tv show to be made in future could include them.

Why it didn't also say that about Beast I guess we'll never know, but then he didn't really come to the Avengers until he was established as an X-Man.

Apparently Viper wasn't. She got grabbed since she was "related" to Wolverine (re: married for an issue), and thus the X-Men rights.

I'm explaining you why it's like that, not saying it isn't dumb.
And Wanda/Pietro required some negotiating.

Also if they're self-contained they're just "What if?"s, nothing to do with exiles.

They've already covered Apocalypse in cartoon form like twice. Networks can just buy rerun rights rather than pay for all-new.

THAT WAS THE SECOND TIME I GOT WORKED

I presumed user was suggesting the Exiles be used as a sort of staging mechanism to bullshit how they're still connected.

I've heard like 5 times at various points that they had resolved the Namor rights thing. I'll believe it when his appearance in a movie is officially announced.

>Avengers vs Evil Enemy They Punch movie
>Citizen V Thunderbolts movie
>Leading into Norman Osbourne Thunderbolts
>Miles Morales Spider-Man
>Leading into Spiderverse with Spider-Gwen
>Kamala Khan Ms Marvel
>Leading into Young Avengers movie
>She Hulk/Squirrel Girl comedy movie

>Miles Morales Spider-Man
>Kamala Khan Ms Marvel

He'll always be destined to be cucked it seems

What's especially funny is that Nova's one of the few fresh brandnames left.

Kamala will have the Captain Marvel movie to contextualise the idea of the new ms marvel, Miles has whatever they do with spiderman.

As for Sam, the Nova Corp CURRENTLY consist of renta cops with flak jackets and x wings. I would LOVE to see a good Nova movie. They even have the groundwork- the old lady Nova Prime was left in control of the Infinity Stone at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, and she can use that to create a comics style nova corp, who can then selfdestruct when Thanos turns up and a human can get one of the few helmets left that work.

>be serious

>Let's say the MCU's still profitable by 2028

Sounds like YOU'RE the delusional one, user.

>Man-Thing ain't trilogy material, surely.

Yeah he is

I say it as a bigass Man-Thing fan user. He's got like 40 issues of comic outright.

>Let's say the MCU's still profitable by 2028, as planned.

It wont be.

Reboot it is then.

>Miles

>t-the bubble will burst any day now you guys

I think it'll endure too but 12 years =/= any day, be fair.

It'll burst after Infinity War, the general audience is already showing that they're starting to get tired of them and the ones that are sticking around are just waiting for the ride to end. After the Infinity War movies the MCU will completely crash and burn.

>Kamala will have the Captain Marvel movie to contextualise the idea of the new ms marvel, Miles has whatever they do with spiderman.
And Nova has Guardians.
Or whatever follows on from Guardians, if they only make 3.

Yes. Because the global entertainment industry is that cut and dry.
Sup Forums already blew it's meme magic on les Bains Kek don't owe y'all shit.

Although none of them were part of a cinematic universe, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Spider-Man have all experienced recasts.

Yeah, but unless you're talking 50s serials only Batman's experienced recasts mid-narrative. Everyone else needed a universal reboot.
If they want an Iron Man in the current MCU it'll be Pepper or Riri or IRON LAD or some shit.

>They'll most likely try to do some legacy heroes next.

>After a bunch of Spider-Man movies, Peter settles down with MJ
>They have a daughter
>Years later Spider-Girl is introduced to the MCU

Pls Marvel

user, you're the one who wants the movie to succeed, you're the Sup Forums one here. And yes, have you even watched these movies, they're all virtually the same, which is what most people complain about. The blandness and lack of variety.

She-Hulk won't get her own movie if Universal owns part of her film rights like they do with Hulk, but she could be a great co-star
And since the Nova Corp was introduced in GotG they might not want to touch it, sadly.

Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger and Runaways feel like they'd make better Netflix shows

I think the MCU will taper off instead of just ending. There'll be fewer theatrical films and more DTV

>you're the one who wants the movie to succeed, you're the Sup Forums one here

>still sort of
There's literally nothing that contradicts it, retard.

Luke Cage had Hammer tech in it. Daredevil's entire plot in season one hinges on the fact that New York is wrecked after the Avenger's debut. Every single show so far makes reference to Iron Man or Hulk.

House of M film to merge the two franchises. Everyone that needs to be due to aging gets recast afterward.