Anime???

Is this an anime? This show is alright but I am not sure if it is or not

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qbar3nsf0_U
youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is this an anime? This show is alright but I am not sure if it is or not

Produced by Americans, animated by Koreans.

At no point in the conceptualization or production phases did a single Japanese person have anything to do with it.

But yeah. Sure. It's "anime".

Anime = cartoons, but they want to feel special like ponyfags.

>but yeaahh
>sure
Stop writing like a fucking Tumblr you dumblr fiend cunt cuck

Anime sure brings out the autism in you people. :^)

>quality posts are important to us
Enjoy your ban retard.
Koreans make anime too. A lot of anime's out source to Korea now too.

Is this literally your first day on 4chin you obese tumblrwhale
go get fingered by your father dog

Good catch today senpai

cancer /r/anime defines it as "made by japs for japs"

Avatar is made by Yankees for Yankees. Even Japan doesn't give a shit of Avatar, otherwise, there'd' be plenty of hentai doujins of them on sad panda.

If being originally American stops it from being anime, then what about anime that are based on American literature? Like rascal the raccoon?

It's like Purto Rico's statehood. It is, but not really and nothing will get done by us talking about it.

Anime is just Japanese term for animation, which one show last season (the stop motion one) proved is pretty broad term. But I think the consensus is that anime is animation produced in Japan. Which Avatar was not.

Nobody fucking cares you autistic sperm whale

So you're just a complete retard huh?

Cute.

No famservice = not anime

Yes, just like the Simpsons. South Park, and Tom and Jerry

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic here; "anime" is just the word the Japanese use for all animation

Yes, I'm a complete retard now tell me the answer to my question since I'm too retarded to know.

Lewd.

This.

Lewd.

>/r/anime defines it as "made by japs for japs"
This is really autistic. Do these retards think that because their rooms are filled with anime posters and stuff and they act like anime characters, that somehow makes them Japanese?

Japs have legendary shit taste so it's not surprising.

>Is this an anime?
depends who you ask. In japan, anime is just short for animation, so it's as much an anime as DBZ and johnny test. Outside of japan, weebs twisted the language to mean japanese animation so that they can stroke their egos without using the term "cartoon". however in their defense, the term cartoon is linked to children so it was probably the smart thing to do.

I'm surprised weebs haven't came up with a term for japanese video games so that they can separate Japanese games from western games since there are some japanese video games that have yet to reach western soil. Same goes for movies and books.

There is jrpg and wrpg, but there are fairly significant mechanical, design philosophy and storytelling differences between the two.

I think it is valid to consider anime to be its own distinct branch of animation due to its size and the different design philosophy and cultural influences. Sort of like what is done with Soviet animation.

Anime is japanese cartoon.
This is not a japanese cartoon.

Who cares, it's better than most anime shows.

This too is legit anime

You are pretty much right.

Japan calls all cartoons anime, short for animation. English borrowed "anime" from Japan to differentiate between Eastern and Western cartoons.

So now Americans have 2 words to represent both styles. Cartoons in the west and Anime from the East (Japan)

But Japan has also done this, but reverse. In order to differentiate Western animation from theirs, they say, "Japanime" or "Japanimation" to describe their home cartoons. They still call Western cartoons "anime", and sometimes "cartoons" (カーツン) or (カート゜ン), which is uncommon.

>weebs twisted the language to mean japanese animation so that they can stroke their egos without using the term "cartoon"
It was business execs, actually. Tokyopop defined anime on the back of all their books as "Having deeper stories and richer characters than western cartoons" at one point.

>Japanese video games
That wouldn't happen because the industry was originally run almost exclusively by Japan. Animation existed in the west on its own, though.

I've only heard "overseas [foreign] anime". I think that's the best way to put it.

>Tokyopop defined anime on the back of all their books as "Having deeper stories and richer characters than western cartoons" at one point.
Ah, as with all meaningless distinctions we can thank a marketing team.

You're a fucking retard.

You should check out the talk page for "anime" on Wikipedia. It's pretty hilarious. For a long time, they specifically went without credible sources because all the "credible" ones used stupid definitions.

If you want to be super technical, it is because it was animated in asia.

That doesn't make it anime. A cartoon animated in Korea or China or Uzbekistan wouldn't be anime.

Are you 12?

Yes it is though? Korean anime is anime.

would people still confuse it for anime if they had gone with this style?

Alot of animation for anime is outsourced to other places, what's the difference between Japan doing it and America doing it? Is it because the original idea was from Japan? If so then what about anime based off of Western literature? Like the Lassie anime? I'm not trying to be a dick, I genuinely want to know the difference.

Anime for me is East Asian or Southeast Asian animation in general rather than just Japanese, still includes Japanese animation, though.

Hell, some anime websites consider Korean and Chinese animation as anime.

And Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't even that popular in Japan thanks to the similarities of WW2-era Japan and the Fire Nation.

The Nutshack is a more legit anime than Avatar: The Last Airbender.

What does popularity have to do with anything? I may be misunderstanding you, but are you saying it isn't an anime because it isn't very popular in Japan? Also apparently some of the animation for avatar was done in Korea (I'm not sure how much) so by your own definition doesn't that at least make it a kinda an anime?

Yes, because it came out in the early 2000s.

No, what I'm saying is it's kinda ironic that the Japanese hate it.

But for me, anime is made in:
Japan
Korea (both North and South)
China (also Hong Kong and Taiwan)
Malaysia
Singapore
Thailand
Philippines
Indonesia

And cartoons come from everywhere else other than those countries.

Alright, but what about anime based on Western literature? Would that still count as anime since the original idea didn't come from Asia? I actually want to know the answer to this, I've been asking but nobody has responded.

Also, I'm not trying to use this as a way to prove or disprove anything, I just want to know if anime adaptations of Western literature actually count an anime.

Anime Ja Nai!

I'm still disappointed that Sup Forums hasn't mentioned what "Western" shows to shove up Sup Forums's ass with being made more by Japanese people than others. They could have had more fun with G1 MLP before Rule 15.

Yeah, how does the whole
>Has to be made in Japan
thing not look like a speshil rule made up by moot and a poor excuse by weebs?

It can't be considered anime. Because its puts the majority of anime to shame.

>be me
>take up an art class workshop
>draw in my usual anime-esque style
>show it to lecturer
>lecturer sees it
>lecturer calls me out in front of the entire workshop saying that i'm a hack artist by using that style and that i'll never make it.
>i replied saying that Avatar:TLoA, Avatar:TLoK, SU and several others use this kind of aesthetic as well.
>Lecturer shuts me up right there.

How the heck is this fair?

It's an anime art style and it's got a shonen-ass storyline and it takes place in notAsia, so yes. But it's got honky music and is done by honkies for honkies, so no.

You can totally post it here tho. The online people who actually think it's not Sup Forums and care enough to bitch are drooling troglodytes anyway

thats some bullshit, you should try to make the people in your daydreams be nicer to you

Because having a story based around American culture doesn't mean anything, an Anime by definition is an Animated work product produced in Japan by Japanese staff, animators, writers, composers etc.

The Big O is clearly inspired by 1940's American Noir but it's also still an Anime due to it's country or origin you Dumb ass.

It's a cartoon because it was produced in the west for a western audience. Asian studios worked on it but they were directed by western heads.

my sore cheek tells me otherwise

>Yes it is though?
No, it isn't.

Are you sure about that

Yesh I'm shure

giggl

best insult of the month

>what's the difference between Japan doing it and America doing it?
The location of the creative coordination and majority of the production.

Why do people think Avatar has good animation? It really doesn't.

>Soviet animation
what the fuck the Slavs have animation technology?

Not all animation for anime is even done in Japan, I don't know how much but studios do outsource to other places. Also was Big O originally written in America, by an American? I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I'm talking about adaptations of Western literature not originally written in Asia, doesn't that disqualify those adaptations from being anime?

Yes.

I don't know why this link wasn't pasted.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

anime is the term Japanese use for all cartoons. So yes. It is. only weebs who don't really know much about actual Japanese culture get angry when people call western things anime.

By western definition anime is a style of Japanese animation that's typically, but not necessarily, made in Japan. By Japan's definition anime is any type of animation. So yes, it's an anime.

Are anime shows allowed to be posted here? I don't see a reason not to since they're cartoons.

Just say "FUCK IT" and say its 50/50.

What makes a cartoon an anime? What about an "animated series"?
Is it like Sup Forums when they separate film, movie, flick, kino, cinema etc?
Is anime just a meme?
Am I a meme?

ATLA is not an anime but Korra sure is an anime.

Explain

Since everything that's "not anime" is apparently "western animation", why don't we just call them "eastern animation" and "western animation". I mean we have this discussion like once a month and it seems we never come to a consensus

Really, it's all the same format anyway.

We should. "Anime" and "manga" are such terrible terms in English. They cause people to think there are inherent different or that inherent traits in one and never the other. At worst, some people think they are LITERALLY different. And of course there are people who think that it's okay to watch it because "It's not for kids because it's not a cartoon", which is ridiculous (even though there are far more that are enjoyed by adults and that are aimed at adults).