With 2016 coming to a close, let's share some of our favorite panels/pages from this years comics

With 2016 coming to a close, let's share some of our favorite panels/pages from this years comics.

Honestly, this entire 13 page sequence is probably my favorite thing in comics this year.

But choosing one page would be this, mainly because it just goes farther than anyone expected

Hell yeah.

I could post entire issues of The Coming of the Superman here.

>I could post entire issues of The Coming of the Superman here.
RIGHT??

Still, Image Related get's *my* vote (the colors kick it up a notch, imho).

Fuck Wade

First post is always the best
Awesome
Checked em
And yes, this was very enjoyable

The fact that they haven't given Rossmo an ongoing since The Hellblazer is a goddamned *CRIME*

Source?

One of the upcoming ivx books, I guess the big K gets loose and wrecks shop all over the team of X-men he encounters. Looking forward to it.

>soccer's about to start
I'm just generally disappointed that aussies say Soccer

>Dat NYX reference
A - I thought we all agreed to forget that that shit ever happened
B - Zebra Daddy, the pimp, was a nigger. If you're going to ref the squicky underage prostitute storyline then you better goddamned well ref the tone-deaf racial stereotyping as well.

That's a nice layout. It makes me miss early New 52 Flash.

Aside from the shirt Godspeed arc, I've really been enjoying Flash Rebirthed

>when you find out who wrote the "Red Hot Teenage Romance Love Triangle" fanfic
>when you find out who the administrator for the fanfic website is

>Aside from the shirt Godspeed arc
Did it get better? I liked the artwork but image related is pretty much the opposite of what OP's asking for (literally the point where I just threw my hands up and dropped the book from my pull).

>when you find out who the administrator for the fanfic website is
Indeed.

Came here to post this.

Kite Man!

The art switched up after GS, it's not as flashy, but it has a sort of cartoon feel that I enjoy, though it may not be for everyone. The art in the GS arc was god tier at times though

At least half of this issue belongs here, especially all the very Steve Ditko-esque scenes

King's Batman has just been a delight.

Friendly reminder.

>Friendly reminder.
I like the way you think, user.

RYV is breddy fucking gud.

>Nobody has posted the page of the year yet

Thank you based Johns

1/2

2/2 everyone talks about how scarey Spidey gets when he stops joking around, but what about Deadpool? When he stops laughing and gets edgy it's kind of scarey.

It frankly boggles my mind how much I enjoy these backups compared with how much I loath the main issues.

Some of that's just really not caring for the art; some of that's the fact you can smell the synergy before you get into the room; but mostly I get the impression that the backups are what we'd get if there wasn't an Editorial Mandate. That's just speculation on my part, though.

Reminds me of the Shazam backups at the start of the Nu52.

Man this book has been too good.

Is that real?

Oh shit, I can smell the JoJoFags taking notice.

Yes.

>Man this book has been too good.
This, Green Arrow, and Green Lanterns are on my list of: "I can't believe how much better these are than they have any right to be!"

Okay, that shouldn't be funny.

Why did I laugh?

>Why did I laugh?
My clever filename pushed you over the top?

King's books just tore up this year.
At least we know Orlando and Rossmo got Batman: Stag planned for next year. I love their work together.
Great filename

>this book has been too good.
After RHatO vol 1 and the Red Hood + Arsenal book I honestly couldn't imagine what sorta blackmail the dude had on Editorial to allow him to keep going ... and then somehow he starts turning in one of the books I most look forward to. (Sorta like Humphries on Green Lanterns).

Rebirth's mostly been awesome for me so I give credit to Johns and TPTB being serious about a course correction. Now if only we could get a Marvel Reborn.

That's not Zebra Daddy, that's one of the johns.

The fact he's not snorting cocaine should have made it obvious. There's like, one panel in all of NYX where he isn't up to his elbows in dope.

>death by Foom-poop
What's this from, senpai?

Anybody have that final page of coming of Supermen?

I actually adore Lightning Strikes Twice.
The art (particularly how speed/lightning is depicted) was killer and the execution of Godspeed's identity/motivation was much better than it should have been with new Speedforce user history.
I love it when villains/powers are literalizations of issues that the protagonist faces, with Barry's issue of wishing he could be do more than he can alone being matched by August being able to split himself into two speedsters, and resolved with Barry taking young Wally as a sidekick.

Cool that Avery is gonna make an appearance in New Super-man as well.

This is objectively the correct answer.
Encapsulated DC Rebirth as a whole.
I believe Johns meets with each title's creative team on a biweekly basis to discuss what's coming up.

>two dudes hugging while dressed like clowns
>page of the year

Woah, capeshit really is terrible

the only correct answer.

Shit, forgot to put it in the filename.

Anyway, Foolkiller #2

FUCK YOU WALLY.
>those pandas
Every time.

There are just too many good choices from Flintstones. It's hard to distill it down to a single page.

Interesting, good to know he's keeping tabs on each creative team. Too bad it's not working for Justice League

Most of this issue could be posted here, but the ending was great.

This annual was actually really fun

This page was just simply beautiful.

>Anyway, Foolkiller #2
Thanks (off to the win-o archive!)

While Supes return has been great so far, i've been enjoying the shit out of Green Arrow.
>dat art

>Too bad it's not working for Justice League
I honestly don't understand that one: Hitch's JLA was absolute shit (and had sales to match) and then they put him on the Flagship?

Unpopular Opinion: I'm not at all a fan of KingBats either.

And SS vs JL looks like a hard pass as well.

I enjoyed it until the island. I don't know what happened to the writer but it has severely gone downhill

I don't think that's a particularly unpopular opinion desu

Teen Titans launched around the same time as the island arc. Coincidence?

Hadn't realized it was the same writer.

Too bad the guy apparently can't handle two books at once. Well, three since GA is bi-weekly for whatever reason.

It's really a good page.

My favorite is this one.