So, my father is visiting me and I wanted to take him to the movies...

So, my father is visiting me and I wanted to take him to the movies. Last time we went to see a movie it was Django Unchained and it was absolute shit, he hated it. He was so disappointed. He's a big fan of Blade Runner. Is the movie good? Should I take him to see the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Exrt6l3CMys?t=23m25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PS: Yack Esbarro?

>django unchained and it was absolute dog shit
what did he mean by this

it's a really bad movie

>He's a big fan of Blade Runner
mine too, and escape from new york

How do you turn into someone who gets angry because a movie was just entertainment and not kino?

He means it had black people in it

he missed a big rugby match, which he also enjoys

also, you should know that watching shit movies is not enjoyable

he also doesn't like black people (duh)

Just back from the cinema, went there with my dad, who watched the first Bladerunner 35 years ago when he just finished school. Its a good movie, in my top 3 this year.

He wasn't mad at you I hope

Anyways, Dunkirk could be a good pick. My dad liked it

Watched it today, loved it as someone who watches the original a couple times every year and listens to the soundtrack, I usually hate sequels and rehashes and judge them super harshly

There was nothing in the movie that I found frustrating as a fan of th original

It was like 2 and a half hours long though, it dragged on a little bit but only because I’m on holidays overseas and not in the relaxed ‘let’s go see a movie on my day off’ attitude

Also it was really fucking loud, constant reverberating synth music like the first

So basically, if your dad is getting off a long haul fligh with jet lag or worn out from other kind of travel ’d leave it a day or two

It's good if you're an easily impressed plebeian which doesn't seem like your dad is based on him not liking duhjango unchained

thanks this is really helpful. Did he say he was proud of you when you got out of the movie theatre?

Yes that's also a great pick, he'd love it, but I saw it last week. I might watch it again with him to be safe. I wouldn't mind watching it again

no he's coming by car, 3 hours ride, but still, thanks for sharing

Just got back from the theatre with my dad who loved the first one.
He liked it.

Yes. He will cry.

just liked huh

"You haven't done a lot in your life, son, to make me proud. And there are times when I've been ashamed to call myself your father. But damn it all, that was a fine movie you just took me too. Sure, I had to pay, but that's all right."

>loved the first one
>liked the second one

y-you too

it's not about that. I care about my father, I want to take care of him and make him as happy as I can. Besides, you don't want your father to be proud? Fucking nigger

not all of us have admirable fathers, you narrow minded tard

Yea, I remember going to see the original Blade Runner with my dad. He left during the previews to get popcorn and never came back. Last I ever saw him.

Imho it's a compelling character study, it drags but it really works. Some elements were pretty surface level but i believe it was intentional, or at least it worked out at the end. Ford was a chore to look at, him and leto were weak parts in otherwises great ensemble.

I dont think he'd like this movie if he didnt see original

>Ford was a chore to look at
why

obviously see blade runner 2?

>He's a big fan of Blade Runner

does leto ruin the movie? I can't stand him

he's hardly in it, but yes

there are some titties in the film, if that makes you uncomfortable...
Other than that it's great

We have a pretty good relation, so nobody has to prove anything. If you go get the cards he probably will say it was a good idea to watch it.

Because it feels like he has arthritis all over the place, even in his face. He doesn't seem to have any expression range, in all honesty I feel that he is going senile.

Absolutely not. He has two scenes and while he talks a lot in them they are almost completely disconnected from the rest of the movie

youtu.be/Exrt6l3CMys?t=23m25s

very good titties that make you want milky or normal titties that nobody cares about?

It had black people as the focus and he couldn't handle that

well it was more about watching the new tarantino movie, we didn't know/care about niggers. Turns out it was just a really bad movie AND with a lot of nigger action. That was a bummer