Can an atheist solve the mind-body problem or justify their morality?

No. They are incapable of this. Any claim otherwise is simply a disguised appeal to their a priori principles.

>Prove that neural states are causally related to subjective experiences of consciousness.
Pro-tip: You can't and never will. Science literally doesn't allow it. In attempting to prove me wrong, using the word "correlation" or implying it's meaning to contradict me makes you lose 1000 Internets.

>What is right and wrong?
Pro-tip: Any justification you use to explain morality necessarily rests on a metaphysical assumption and a value judgment, which lacks objectivity and means you are no longer exclusively empirical in your thinking.

Atheism is a pure joke. Can't solve these issues. Can't explain a simple comic made for children.

I can solve both of these easily because I believe in God. Watch:
>God preordained that our neural states and consciousness were causally related.
>God preordained that right and wrong are in accordance with his will.

This answer is better than any bullshit atheists will say once you peel away their layers of bullshit designed to make you forget they're pulling assumptions out of their ass while calling it "science", proving they know nothing about empiricism at all.

>>Prove that neural states are causally related to subjective experiences of consciousness.

>what is an MRI machine showing brain activity in discrete regions when thinking about different topics or performing different types of mental tasks

Retards are going to reply to this bait like moths to a light.

Haha you lost the game. That's correlation and not causation. You are such a faggot you can't even read like two sentences to not do the thing you're not supposed to do.

>I can solve both of these easily
Abstractions without any physical evidence can solve anything

Hahahahaha this fucking British cuck is so dull he doesn't know what causation actually is. Yet he calls himself a "le science man"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wanna try your English again there, or is your vodka soaked brain unable to form a coherent thought?

>Morality
>Belief

*everything

>your vodka soaked brain unable to form a coherent thought

this

God preordained that you are a faggot.

I don't need to rationalize my morality, it is mine and by consequence supreme.

Can you justify the supremacy of your specific interpretation and intuition of right and wrong simply based on religion? Clearly not, because within your own religion there isn't universal agreement let alone within the multiple extant religions.

My simple argument from emotion provides clarity, your argument is simply obfuscation.

You just made a strawman. This is obvious based on the fact that you don't even know what religion I am. I will not humor you with a response. Bye faggot.

It must be nice being able to solve every problem by selectively interpreting passages in your ancient, poorly translated Jew book and not having to worry about st00pid things like critical thought. Keep paying (((dat tithe))) like a good goy.

Did you want to actually substantiate anything you just said by addressing the substance of the OP? Because you come across as a nervous, cognitive dissonant dick sucker with your pathetic deflection and absent minded posting.

Thanks for showing your capacity for critical thinking LOL

You're denying written record, from multiple sources. Granted, I understand that goes for every religion and is a bit weak, but that's still more evidence than atheists have.

It's very possible for God to work, we just don't have all the 'how' lined out, yet.

NICE FUCKING APPEALING TO SPOOKS YOU NERD LMAO

You don't really want to be convinced by anything else but your beliefs. You're just another zombie.

You're projecting. I'm the only one in this thread who had made a real argument so far. The rest is just pic related.

But then again, you're another (((atheist))) who isn't responding to the actual challenge in the OP because you can't.

Why are you angrily trying to justify your beliefs to a bunch of strangers on the internet? Seems to me like you're trying to convince yourself.

Ah the ol' "armchair psychologist" deflection. Not even real psychology. Just discredited Freudian (((interpretations))). Really proved me wrong about atheists, friendo ;)

Atheists will accept the God as an objective reality if any scientific proof of Her existence will be found. With the same success we can believe in gnomes, unicorns, elves. "That right and wrong are in accordance" may be executed in any concept, dogma, set of rules and supernatural forces in there are not a prerequisite.

Did this madman just proved god or something?

gues i am a christfag missile now.

You don't know what you're talking about. God is a metaphysical necessity based on certain assumptions that map onto reality satisfactorily. Show me a metaphysical framework that necessitates the existence of unicorns.

Also you don't know what atheism is. What you described is agnosticism.

LOL

>assumptions
Despook yourself my man

What the fuck even is this? Is this image implying that it will eventually give me a larger bear one day if I believe? Or is it implying that I will care about said teddy bear when I'm older and more mature (in the perspective of the child)? Or quite possibly it's implying that I'm going to die young, considering that only a child cares about stuffed animals, in which case it wouldn't make much sense for a merciful god to take my life at such a ripe young age.

I guess I don't see the point is all? But I will address the reasoning you gave.

>God preordained that our neural states and consciousness were causally related.

...pretty big coincidence don't ya think? While there is lot to be discovered about the brain, this evidence highly suggests that there is a causal relationship. Yes, technically it doesn't prove it, but jumping to your conclusion with even less evidence is ridiculous.

>God preordained that right and wrong are in accordance with his will.

Objective morality doesn't exist. Simple as that.

The picture is not the op ,learn to post first fag

Mind-body problem is only a problem to those who don't know how the brain works. You are ultimately deterministic, and your consciousness is a bunch of recurrent feedback loops, get used to it, faggot.

>don't be materialistic nigger
>go to hell because you were happy with what you have no matter how little

It's implying that Jesus wants to get you an ungodly large gift that you have no room for in exchange for something that has sentimental value.

Jesus is socially retarded and has no idea what he's doing, don't ever accept gifts from him.

Technically they DO have an answer to the mind-body problem, but it's retarded, and multiple refutations of that answer exist.

>Giving up the bear your parents got you when you were a baby for one that's bigger
Fuck off Jesus.

>there are questions that are hard to answer so I invented a magical being that fixes my metaphysics
lol christcucks

There is no way to prove causation no matter how advanced science gets. There aren't even hypotheses for a causal mechanism. Just the assumption that it happens. We could just as easilly be automatons with our brains wired exactly the same way and the same correlations existing.

Nope see above

In this case, I am an agnostic. Although, for example, the aliens. I'm not clearly deny their existence only because they are not found yet. But I do not see any reason to believe in people's ideas about aliens, it's just speculation. If God exists, his notions of good and evil may be different from what are written in the religions of people.

>learn to post
Yes it is faggot, he used it in an attempt to strengthen his own argument.

A "challenge", this verbal gloubiboulga?
Atheism means nothing, it's just the way people like you call those who don't buy your fairy tale. You are a cancer patient trying to find a meaning to his illness by branding those who are healthy. Wake up, step up your mind if it's not too late.

Religious are healthier than atheists. Also your atheism is killing your country

I'm not atheist nor Klingon, it doesn't exist, it's a believer concept.

>Religious are healthier
Oh yeah people who need a book to understand "Thou Shall Not Kill."... Brilliant.

>it's a religious retard attacks people who don't believe in his/her specific faith episode
*click*
*changes channel*

>le everythng is a stwasman xD look at my sivk mlg debating skills

*tips fedora*

You make the assumption that for a worldview to be correct it has to provide an answer to the questions you post that you find compelling.

This is not the case.

A correct worldview is correct independent of how convincing you find it. Atheism requires no belief.

>Prove that neural states are causally related to subjective experiences of consciousness
I think. Therefore I am. Rene covered this.

How many of these shitty threads do you need?

If basic life experiences don't teach you morals right away you're an idiot. The morals of religion are so fluid and are watered down so much over the years and people exert their own beliefs into it based on their personal interpretation then what is the point in having religion as a middle man?

>Atheism is a pure joke. Can't solve these issues. Can't explain a simple comic made for children.

believes that a god sent a part of him down tp earth as his son (but it's the same person) to impregnate a woman ( 2.??? 3. profit) with himself so he could die on a cross in order to make himself forgive humanity and shatter the gates of hell wich he could have done anyway cause he is god. is that not the stupidest and most contrived story you have ever heard?

you see that is why I hate you christians. you always act smug and smart and play with words you don't understand but you lack the common sense to see how convoluted your fairytale is

Even if we couldn't explain those things it wouldn't be proof for God

All it'd mean is that we can't explain it, nothing more

>btfo

>You can have all the answers if you just make them up :^)

>Any claim otherwise is simply a disguised appeal to their a priori principles.

uhhh yea. Obviously. The mind body problem only arises because of apriori principles.

Morality only arises BECAUSE of apriori principles.

The first jusitification only is relevant to materiists/ physicalists. I'm an idealist

The second is only relevant if you believe in objective moral facts which I don't

I have pure evidence God is fake right here in this image. Don't believe me? Go ahead a see for yourself.

The mind body problem dissapears when you realize there is only body. Right and Wrong are determined from a humanitarian perslective, but youre right, theres no objective basis for discerning "right and wrong". Right and wrong have no value outside the value we assign it

Catholicism/Christianity are just as bad as Islam

Please, tell me how circumcision is a morally sound decision like the church says? How does mutilating a poor infant's dick condoned by an all loving God? There's so many things like this all throughout religion that it's disgusting

Do you also have evidence that pixies, fairies and unicorns are fake as well?

ortodox don't cut their kids weenies, you got jewed

Why is objective morality required? Mind body I grant you, unless you just say that free will isn't a thing and everything is a result of an earlier state. Also while that is an argument for a God, it isn't an argument for any one religion. Claiming to have any interpretation of the will of the divine is not demonstrable.

Click the image and find out.

christians on this board redefine euphoria

how the fuck did you do that

im no jew and dont have my dick cut, but i think it prevent sexual hunger, if you think getting fucked in the ass is ok but cutting your dick isnt it's weird

Oh and isn't the preordained argument the same as the lack of free will argument? God made it so that your thoughts and actions coincide, there relation between the two - which in turn does away with morality as all things are preordained so there is no mechanism to make a decision? If you don't have the possibility of doing anything other than what you were ordained to do how can there be a moral judgement on that?

Btw, this is all pointless. When studying philosophy it quickly becomes apparant that Absurdism is where it all at. Absurdism and Perspectivism are the only philosophies that acknowledge the limits of human perception and that "true knowledge" doesnt exist. Philosophy/ Theology is nothing more than novelty, and any philisophical stance, when examined enough, ends in paradox

>literally god of the gaps
the brain is far too complicated, we just dont understand it well enough yet. 100 billion neurons is a lot
>what is empathy
It is not objective because the very idea of right and wrong is subjective by nature. If it wasn't we wouldn't argue about it all the time. Sorry that your weak christian brain cannot handle the harsh reality

This desu.
>trusting your senses
hurr brain in a vat, durr demon deceiving you, blargh shadows on a wall
>trusting pure reason
hurr reason is based on pre existing notions like the existance of objects, cannot found itself, circular argument

>subscribing to a religion that has its roots in Judaism

How cucked cold you possibly be

It's not God of the gaps at all. You're not understanding the mind body problem if you think that. The mind is not subject to empirical analysis.

Read a book you dumb French retard

Religious: "Hurrdurr, you can't explain that, God did it."

Reasonable person: "If you look, the image size is 10,000 by 10,000. The image is so big it crashes the page.

Religion 0, Science and progress: 938256792432

>The mind is not subject to empirical analysis.
WEW LAD I GUESS I CANT POSSIBLY SHOW IT EMPIRICALLY IF IT ISNT SUBJECT TO EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS BY DEFINITION kys retard what you call a "mind" is just the software of an incredibly more complicated computer made out of neurons

>implying (((read a book))) is a real argument

ddaaaaaaaaamn

OK well explain to me the causal mechanism between the brain and the mind then. Quote me a theory that postulates one.

You can't do it because it doesn't exist, and you aren't well versed in this area. Your ARE YOU KIDDING ME style of incredulity is embarrassing because you're confusing some perceived simplicity with your own lack of intelligence.

Point me to one aspect of neurology that explains why people have a "mind" instead of being computers with the exact same neural make up, but without consciousness.

Do it or shut the fuck up

we made this shit up, including the concept of god .

there is this one unidentified Pepe that is sitting in our safe for over a year now. We initally assumed that it might be a Peekasso, because it was found in an abandonned city house in Paris, but upon further research it became clear that we had gotten our hands on something even more incredible....

mmmrkt.wordpress.com

Do you know what empathy is?

>dualists...

There should be a /religion/ board for this nonsense. Nothing to do with politics.

Religion and politics go hand in hand. Changes to one's impacts the other, and vise versa.

Dualism presupposes the existence of a soul tho...

Shut the fuck up you autistic degenerate loner half breed

Why do you presuppose the existance of objective morality?
If the preordained argument is true, that cannot square with morality as morality by all accepted definitions requires that there is agency on the part of the actor. If all is determined in advance there can be no agency, which precludes the possibility of morality.
What is the difference between god preoradining everything and a deterministic universe where initial conditions gave rise to everything that followed suit?

I never did. I think it's important to have a common metaphysics for a society to function though.

...dude. I agree that it is important, but that is a baseless subjective opinion, not a substantiated objective fact. If the basis for all your claims at objectivity based on god is a subjective desire for insert cause here then all you've done is project your subjective claims onto a concept that lets you claim objectivity. I thought we were having a discussion about the metaphysical necessity for a deity, not the relative pragmatism of claiming an objective moral system for what in your view is a societal need.