When Hollywood start pumping out westerns who will be the next John Wayne/Clint Eeastwood?

When Hollywood start pumping out westerns who will be the next John Wayne/Clint Eeastwood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u2WcwzkvuJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unironically Idris Elba

Emilia Clarke

The entire Genre ended pretty much at his peak with Unforgiven, just let it end here, everything after Unforgiven is just a obituary.

It's very similar to the situation we have with comic book movies. Logan is pretty much the end point of the entire Genre, but unfortunately Logan was released before Marvels big Infinity War movies, so we have dozens of other comic book films after that.

stop

this looks neat
youtu.be/u2WcwzkvuJs

Ryan Gosling

Nice!

looks too goofy

Seth Rogen or the black guy from star wars

DWAYNE THE ROCK JOHNSON

I honestly, seriously hope Disney reboots the dollars trilogy, that would be dope af
Chris Pratt as the man with no name, fucccccckkkkkk, Amy Pohler as Lee Van Cleef, Tina Fey as tuco

Edward Norton as the man with no name, Brad Pitt as an older, wiser Lee Van Cleef and Meatloaf as Tuco

Vin Diesel
Jayden Smith
Rihanna

I wouldn't mind seeing Rihanna as a hostess/madam like Joanie in Deadwood or Maeve in Westworld.

Western dont work in a post ironic world.
Western need to take themselves serious no matter how goofy the premise but modern audiences are conditioned to expect self aware and self deprecating quips that defuse any "sillyness". Like when in a superhero movie a character makes a self deprecating comment about his costume before the audience laughs at it to defuse their ridicule so they dont feel silly for watching a movie about grown ups in romper suits.
Same applies to "cowboys".
So they either will make it a self-ironic quipfest, which will make it look lame and deflated or they play it too serious and grimdark, taking the fun out of it, which always was a huge part of western movies too.
Also no empowered women in the west, at least not in roles that modern audiences are primed to see.

That's the reason why we're never getting a proper good bad and ugly again.

The meta would just fuck too much with people's minds and leave them confused.

they should do a remake of "The Searchers"

he should get into acting. probably learned a lot from his father.

he has and he's kind of mediocre from all accounts

he should really do some action movies or spaghetti westerns though tbqh

Agreed

Though the occasional 310 to yuma or true grit is quite nice desu
Also, i wouldn't consider unforgiven the peak of the Western genre, it's more of an honorable closure

Scott is below six foot, no one takes him seriously and he can only do comedy roles.

Idris Elba already filled the role

yes, just need some acting lessons but I think that he would be perfect

Which one is the best Dirty Harry kino?

China wouldn't understand a good western

Unfortunately this
What would you consider the best then? if you unironically say anything by John Wayne, or any other Clint movie fucking neck yourself. Unforgiven is better than both of their entire filmography. The only western that comes close to Unforgiven is Shane

a brutha. Aint no white folk gonna be a cow boy now

Magnum Force

Oh, I misread your post Op . I meant to say a true nigger killing aryan

I agree with the other guy, it was more of an "honorable closure." I'd say the peak was Once Upon The Time In The West. Not to say that Unforgiven isn't good, but I wouldn't say it's the best.

Kurt Russell

>Magnum Force
10x my gud bru

If I we're DC I'd unironically have a go at a R rated Jonah Hex, true to his 70's comics, 40-50 million budget.

Dumbass honky think he can pretend to be me loll

Either once upon a time in the west or the good, the bad and the ugly. Eastwood is a Great actor, but not as superb as a director (not bad, just not top level). I would agree on John wayne though, his filmography just doesn't hold up. get's it

>no wide release date

There are no eastwoods and waynes and bronsons today. if there are, they're still toddlers. anyone aged 5 to 70 is a pampered soft man created by good times.

kill yourself

I'd audition the minute I discovered they were rebooting the Dollars Trilogy. Granted I'm only 20, so I doubt I'd stand a chance. Would love to try it anyways though.

I could agree that Once Upon A Time in The West at least comes close, I forgot about it. I still think Unforgiven is better though. As for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, no. As much as I love it, it doesn't come close to Unforgiven.

He's a closeted homo

The Coen Brothers have a western TV show coming and Kevin Costner might return too

I wonder what Sergio Leone would have said about Unforgiven. He himself did an amazing job of de-zapatizing Zapata westerns with "Duck you sucker".

Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid

Hear me out: autism is the secret to making these films work. A movie like Drive with a strong, silent male lead works in a post ironic world because of autism.

i don't think it can happen. we're too far away from when men lived like that.

Right that's why medieval movies never took off

Hollywood will never make decent Westerns like that again. They'll destroy a couple of them with reboots/remakes tho.

I like a lot of the more obscure one, like "There Was A Crooked Man...", or "My Name Is Nobody".

Logan Marshall-Green 100%

who cares? Hollywood is dying. Movies will start being made by amateur film enthusiasts.

lol
no he didn't