Okay bitches, let's see if you can settle a mystery

Okay bitches, let's see if you can settle a mystery.

There's a scene in From Russia with Love where Bond is playing baccarat and this beautiful woman with an eye-catching décolletage - as one would expect - sits down opposite him. They share a little flirtatious banter. She lights a cigarette. Then she asks him his name, and he looks up and says "Bond. James Bond". Now, what I'm asking about concerns the editing of this. As originally released, as the woman lights her cigarette before asking him his name. there's a brief insert of a close-up of Bond's open mouth. We see his teeth. What we see of his expression in this shot is out of continuity with his expression in the previous and following shots, which may be why it isn't in the movie as recently shown on television.

I know the shot was still in there as recently as 2013, because I remember that Connery's teeth in 1080p showed plaque buildup, and his tongue, which had faded into the background on SD airings, was discernible enough to seem faintly lewd. It may be that the look of them in HD led Connery to ask for it to be excised, or maybe Eon Productions thought this would be best on reflection. In any case, the mystery is - when exactly did they take that shot out of the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xDj3NRYTU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're a bitch

I was just being jocular, like when you say "how's it hanging, gayboys?" to your mates.

>ask about from russia with love
>post an image from dr no

terrible thread

It was the first picture I could find of Connery in a similar situation. Can't post the original shot I'm talking about. I could draw it maybe.

please do

This is roughly it.

go watch the movie again

Which copy, though? It's not there now, I checked a torrent, so it's not just the TV people censoring it.

I don't get it.

>when you say "how's it hanging, gayboys?" to your mates
I will never understand British humour.

This isn't a matter of film editing so much as it is a matter of applied metaphysics.

You're a leftover from one of the alternate timelines that Kek folded into our own at the bidding of Sup Forums to create a world where the impossible victory of Donald Trump actually took place. You probably spell Berenstain Bears wrong too, don't you? Or are you from the Bowling Green Massacre timeline like Kellyanne Conway?

whoa

I don't know the answer OP

I've only noticed something like this in the Netflix stream of the Breakfast Club. When they go to Bender's locker and at the top of it he wrote "Touch this locker" and an arrow downward which the camera follows down. The Netflix stream cuts out the end of the shot where it says "And you die, fag!" at the bottom of the locker. There's no mystery surrounding why they did it, I guess, but it's lame.

This is like when they cut the scene in Jaws where Quint says "When they showed that little Vietnamese girl burning with Agent Orange on TV, I was overcome... I had to, eh, Em Bee". Iconic moment, now missing.

Russia With Love is good but the series literally peaked with the first scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=0xDj3NRYTU8

This sounds like something that might really have happened though.

um, it did.
wait, is the OP a troll? Am I retarded?

Do you think they cut to a jarring close-up of a shot that looks like this?

iunno, I never saw that one. welp, guess I'm retarded.

the locker thing is real, in any event.