IT'S HAPPENING: ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL OBAMA GIVES AWAY INTERNET, TED CRUZ WANT TO PROTECT IT

TED CRUZ WANTS TO PROTECT THE INTERNET !

WE MUST CHANNEL OUR MEME MAGIC FOR TED CRUZ !

cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/

cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2782

>The Obama administration is pushing through a radical proposal to take control of Internet domains and instead give it to an international organization, ICANN, that includes 162 foreign countries. If that proposal goes through, countries like Russia, China, and Iran could be able to censor speech on the Internet, including here in the U.S. by blocking access to sites they don't like.

>Right now, the Obama administration’s proposal to give away the Internet is an extraordinary threat to our freedom and it’s one that many Americans don’t know anything about. It is scheduled to go into effect September 30, 2016. Congress must act before it's too late!

youtube.com/watch?v=IrWHeVy003c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OmqVW5v0wSw
cnet.com/news/ted-cruz-threatens-government-spending-deadlock-to-protect-the-internet/
youtube.com/watch?v=6BtuqUX934U
wsj.com/articles/an-internet-giveaway-to-the-u-n-1472421165
securitygladiators.com/2016/08/29/us-dns-control-icann/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_name_server
dns.icann.org/
latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-online-publishers-20160909-snap-story.html
cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_root_zone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The domains, Obama. Give them to me.

cnet.com/news/ted-cruz-threatens-government-spending-deadlock-to-protect-the-internet/

>Ted Cruz threatens spending deadlock to protect the Internet

>checks flag

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST TED!
YOU'VE POSTED THIS THREAD 3 TIMES TODAY ALREADY
FUCK OFF
RICK PERRY IS GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS BOY
GET READY

>This happens
>Russia blocks HuffPost
What's the problem

not this shit again

THE ALEPPOS, GARY

youtube.com/watch?v=6BtuqUX934U

is this a paid campaign to change the way people see this soulless rat dicksucker or something?

does anyone actually LIKE ratto?

It's too far gone. We need to kill it and let a new internet rise from the ashes, this time keep all the faggots out. I'm sorry Canada, you are not welcome.

Basically, everything in OP is a bunch of massive exaggerations and fear mongering

The US is going to make ICANN a stateless organization, so that it is completely independent. This means nothing will change.
In the case that ICANN does come under control of a pro-censorship entity, they will only be able to recommend changes to the 13 official and independent root servers run by many different independent organizations (including NASA Ames Research Center (which isn't being given away), U.S. Army Research Lab (which also is a US entity)).

They can't censor
>boards.Sup Forums.org
but they can recommend removing the
>org
top level domain (which will cause massive outrage and people will drop ICANN DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee as the standard creator

So if they attempt to do shady shit, they don't really have much precise power (they can't censor specific domain names), and to actually try and take control over the internet, they would need the cooperation of 11 different independent organizations (and themselves)

>Verisign
>USC-ISI
>Cogent Communications
>University of Maryland
>NASA Ames Research Center
>Internet Systems Consortium
>Defense Information Systems Agency
>U.S. Army Research Lab
>Netnod
>RIPE NCC
>WIDE Project

NOTHING IS HAPPENING
>NOTHING IS HAPPENING

CAN SOMEBODY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME WHAT IS A LEPO?

THE INTERNET, OBAHMA

GIVE ME THE WEBSITES

you're kidding me.

>tfw you never asked for this

>a stateless organization, so that it is completely independent
>controlled by the UN
>completely independent
gas urself

>They can't censor
>>boards.Sup Forums.org
>but they can recommend removing the
>>org
Nope. The root DNS servers do allow you to censor everything within it. That's why Sweden was able to take down thepiratebay.se, they had jurisdiction over .se.

Nice try, kike.

GIVE ME YOUR ARYAN BLOOD DAHNALD.

The whole story was fabricated by lying Ted Cruz so he can pretend to save us from something that will doesn't exist, and therefore earn delegates.

We need to step up the punitive meme game because he still hasn't learned his lesson.

fuck off rato
wsj.com/articles/an-internet-giveaway-to-the-u-n-1472421165
>UN might take over ICANN
>[Obama administration] promised the United Nations would never take control

>The root DNS servers do allow you to censor everything within it
No, it can only delete top level domains (such as .org, .com etc.)

>That's why Sweden was able to take down thepiratebay.se, they had jurisdiction over .se.
They could take it down because they own the .se top level domain
It was always in the power of the owner of top level domains to take down subdomains, but they can't take down sub subdomains, because they have no control over that

>eternal anglo
dropped

That poster is literally retarded. ICANN owns the root DNS servers so they can certainly censor a domain if they choose by simply removing the entry.

>[Obama administration] promised
>hoping king nigger keeps his promises
LOL

bump

wrong the U.N. was denied control of DNS.
securitygladiators.com/2016/08/29/us-dns-control-icann/

>ICANN owns the root DNS servers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_name_server
The 13 official root DNS servers are run by 12 different independent organizations, including the U.S. military

>they can certainly censor a domain if they choose by simply removing the entry
They can only censor top level domains, because that's what the root DNS servers are - lookup servers for top level domains

ICANN maintains the servers
dns.icann.org/

are you retarded

>The DNS Engineering Team is responsible for
>All the operations of L-ROOT, one of the thirteen root name servers,
>one of the thirteen root name servers
>one
>of the thirteen
>one
>one
>one

O N E
N
E

Kek I hated him cuz he was a turd in the debates but honestly this man seems pretty based. He's standing up for our freedoms.

Why is that flag so classy?

This is worth attention though.

>I don't understand DNS records or the power ICANN really has without American oversight

Because the CruzMissiles in this thread are a special type of retarded, here's a map of all the OFFICIAL root DNS servers (there are millions more of unofficial ones)

The servers marked with L are the L-ROOT servers, which are run by ICANN
All of the other hundreds of servers are run by different organizations all around the world, including the military

ICANN being taken over = 1/13th power over top level domains

This man fights for your freedom.

and you think they won't get that cooperation?

so glad we have this "Latvian" to Correct the Record™

>I read about DNS on howstuffworks.com once and now know everything there is to know

fuck off, I've programmed my own root DNS server

The internet has served it's purpose. They let it run free to corrupt the minds of people, now they will begin censoring it since the trap has accomplished it's goal.

>Correcting the Record™
>fighting against Cruz posters

Good without the internet we will never be able to find out why Raphel Cruz fled to Canada after shooting JFK.

if its (((nothing))) why is it all over the place?

THE INTERNET OBONGO!

HAND IT OVER TO ME!

>cooperation
>with NASA, a US organization
>with US military
>with a company interested in profits (meaning no controversies)

You must have done a terrible job then since you don't understand how you can force a root server to reply NXDOMAIN to anything within it you want blocked.

What is DNS propagation. They don't need to own all of them, just one.

ONE
N
E

cruz is pulling his applied memetics bullshit

Fuck OFF Rato no one likes you
I will not be voting for your rat ass come election day. Fuck right off back to Canada.

DAHNAAAAAAAAAAAALD

Like latvianon said, this is all just a bunch of huge fear-mongering.

There's nothing to fear. There are bigger issues right now that need to be looked at.

latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-online-publishers-20160909-snap-story.html

>cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/
>Internet is dying
>kratom is dying

how will I numb the pain now?

Yeah i guess perry the only viable option.

So you're telling me the root DNS servers can block boards.Sup Forums.org?
They can only block org or other TLD's

The org TLD (which isn't being given away or having any change in power) always had the power to block Sup Forums.org if they wanted to
Just get the people who run it (a US non-profit organization called Public Interest Registry) to ban Sup Forums.org

Stronger together!!!

>I've programmed my own root DNS server
wew lad

Fuck Ted Cruise and fuck you, OP.

Long time no see, Dahnald.
*chuckles*
I've been training nonstop...I've finally mastered the bankai.

*unsheaths katana*

Bankai! Rat morning star!

Based rat

ohh fuck off obama you sneaky cunt.

Go away obama, we know it's you

>mfw El Rato is our only hope to save the internet as the Trumporror is too busy battling the Undead Whored

Cruz is just mad because this means that net neutrality would become even harder to fuck with.

HELP ME DAHNALD

DAHNAAAAALD

>rat-o-matic

BAAAAAASSSEEEDDDDD
CRRRRRRUUUUUZZZZZZZ

I need delegates, son

>Implying King Nigger keeps his promises

How do I get a job at Applied Memetics?
I also want to shitpost for El Rato and earn money

What's with all the cruz shills in here?

This is kind of unsettling.

PRIESTHOOD RISING

KEK THE GREAT, KEKE THE MYSTERIOUS, KEK THE MIGHTY. I BESEECH THEE TO LEND TED CRUZ YOUR POWER AND PROTECT THE INTERNET

>KEK THE GREAT, KEK THE MYSTERIOUS, KEK THE MIGHTY. I BESEECH THEE TO LEND TED CRUZ YOUR POWER AND PROTECT THE INTERNET

made a typo

COME ON BASED CRUZ PROTECT US

>hillary clinton keels over and then the DNC chooses El Rato instead of Bernout as the Democratic Nom.

The future no one wanted

THE INTERNET, OBONGO

GIVE IT TO ME

Ohbamah, the domains hand them over.

Ted cruz wants the U.S. goverment to have complete control of the Root Zone DNS, this is not a good thing.

Shill

There's still no reason to give it away you CTR cunt

The US government already does have complete control over the Root Zone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_root_zone

>There's still no reason to give it away you CTR cunt
But there's no reason not to
This is a political move by Obama, and I don't give a shit about whether or not it should happen
I'm just saying that the idea that complete control over internet domains is being handed over is Cruz fear mongering and trying to revive his shitty political career by creating a problem where there is none (at least in the sense that he is representing it as)

Try university of Texas Barahg.

Alright Australia, you can start by laying down the trans-Pacific cables.

Reminder: Ted Cruz is a Canadian. The future of the internetz lies in the hands of a Canadian.

We have the delegates. Now we need the internet. Hand it over jews.

HAND OVER THE DOMAINS, BARACK.

WE WANT US CONTROL OF THE INTERNET RETARD

THAT GUARANTEES THE FIRST AMENDMENDMENT

A STATELESS ORGANIZATION THAT ANSWERS TO GLOBALISTS IS NOT WHO WE WANT CONTROLLING THE INTERNET

WE WANT THE FUCKING STRONGEST MILITARY WITH THE MOST GUARANTEED FREE SPEECH TO CONTROL THAT

USA = MILITARY + FIRST AMENDMENT

DO NOT LISTEN TO SHILL LIES

GIVING THE INTERNET TO A STATELESS ORGANIZATION WITH NO BILL OF RIGHTS IS TERRIBLE AND DANGEROUS

Lmao

Try looking up how DNS works

Nobody has central power over the internet, except for the ISP's
To completely censor anything, you need all ISP's in the world working together
Look at China and other oppressive countries - they are trying to censor the internet so hard, yet people still find a way around

classic example of ignorance

What did he mean by this?

>YFW Democrats give the nomination to Ted Cruz after Hillary steps down

All is forgiven ted

PARTIALLY SUCCESSFUL CENSORSHIP IS STILL CENSORSHIP YOU JEW SHILL

Literally Lucifer in the flesh wants to save the internet

BUT YOU CAN'T EVEN PARTIALLY CENSOR THE INTERNET WITHOUT EVERYONE GOING NUTS
THE INTERNET IS EXTREMELY DECENTRALIZED AND ATTEMPTING TO CENSOR ONE OUT OF 13 ROOT DNS SERVERS WILL CAUSE MASSIVE WORLD WIDE OUTRAGE, WHILE MOST PEOPLE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS EVERYTHING LIKE BEFORE

MY CAPS LOCKS PROVES I'M RIGHT FAGGOT

Nobody is going to censor shit this way. In such event Icann would loose credibility, you could set up your own DNS server in basement and tell friends / community to use it without icann. As last resort you can use IP address directly to access servers. Get real.

Also, there are multiple ways to censor shit right now, but noone is retarded enough to do that except for 3rd world shitholes.

THE MONEY ALEXIS

Oh fun fact if this goes through Sup Forums will get shut down