Why does this guy get away with such an inflated view of himself?

Why does this guy get away with such an inflated view of himself?

Listening to him is fine. I learn some things. I disagree with some things.

But he always starts to wax poetic at some point. Getting into smelling his own farts territory. It's almost got a religious fervor. He speaks like he's reading some epic poem. So affected and portentous. I just don't get it. Do you guys enjoy that?

His guests aren't much different:

youtube.com/watch?v=lgaBJagQA1s

He refers to himself and Molyneux as "the most intelligent people in media" at least twice and Molyneux just nods along. Maybe he's right, but where does this unchecked self-indulgence come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=muOTBsx0dIk
youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8
youtube.com/watch?v=nLRZyBeuJDA
youtube.com/watch?v=zWFoH1sG8DE
youtube.com/watch?v=C7XJIioZEgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's an artist manque. Look it up. Basically a failed actor/writer with a superiority complex who is channeling all of his creative energy into the one area where he's found success. Extremely bitter, feels like he never lived up to his potential, etc. Cult leaders, dictators, and con artists are often artist manques.

Ah I see. That makes sense of everything.

Cheers.

Out of curiosity, what does Sup Forums generally think of him?

there are increasingly favorable sentiments by the anons over the last few years because of alt-right pandering. as far as edutainment goes I think Stefan is pretty ace; he's a gifted speaker and educator. he's got a bumpy history that one can certainly take shots at (go to fdrliberated to find some of the most salty left libertarians you could ever imagine), but that doesn't necessarily negate all his content.

He wants to be seen as like the equivalent of an ancient philosopher and makes you feel more important lol

not an argument

Bill Burr on Stefan :

youtube.com/watch?v=muOTBsx0dIk

>Read this post
>Remember that women fart
>Remember that the hot clerk I just masturbated to had shit inside of her
>Think about how she's a collection of cells
>Start beating my dick angrily
>Punching it as hard as I can
>Cry
>Dream about reducing her to those farty gross cells that mock me and flushing them down the toilet
Anyone else know that feel, bruvs?

>cult leader (former?)
>has inflated ego
Never would've guessed

Who doesn't know that feel? We're still human bruh.

6 years ago he was talking to his phone in his car for fun. Today he makes Chelsea Clinton entry level career money off youtube.

it's a performance

>portentous

He's a prophet!

>pretentious mate

it is, though

They actually did a good job of erasing pictures of her off the internet. Nice to see some people have it. Any full nude?

Also. It doesnt matter if he is a faggot or not. His work is pretty fucking good.

Because he is preaching to the choir. He knows all the answers, and the answers can't be questioned.

Literally not an argument

Yeah it's pretty gay
But that's how he speaks and maybe sometimes he needs to take it down a notch
Mike's even gayer with his faggy voice though
That doesn't mean they can't have good arguments

Remember moly is part jewish

Pretty sure that, along with child abuse, is why he's so deeply unbalanced

Two people you disagree with having confidence in the quality of their analysis really triggered you, didn't it?

I don't see why you'd make a thread about it otherwise.

t. someone who doesnt follow either of them

Large hero-worshipping internet following, that's about it.

And this, something of a failed philosopher I guess. Although I don't think I've heard anyone referred to as a successful philosopher by their contemporaries, maybe history will revere this guy or atleast make some mention of him contributing to the field.

getting beaten by jews as a child would make even a jew susceptible to the redpill.

That would require a more rigorous analysis by Molyneux, he is more of a social commentator than a philosopher and his books reflect it. They lack critical analysis of other philosophers for weight.

That's not to say he doesn't present philosophical theories, but he lacks systematic methodology that modern and past philosophers use.

Why does it matter how they act? I hate to say it but it's not a fucking argument. He triggers you? He's confident and speaks in an artsy way so that annoys you? Who fucking cares?

Just ingest the content, what he does he does pretty well. I don't care that he has an ego or has his head up his own ass, it's what he says that matters not how he says it.

>having confidence in the quality of their analysis
thats not what they said. they said they were the smartest people talking about politics right now. its a wild claim to make, and reeks of pretentiousness and arrogance. no person who's truly smart would think they are the smartest

Not an argument

Can you demonstrate that Cernovich was wrong? You're simply not making an argument.

>it's what he says that matters
have you seen his call-in videos? theres one called 'how to become a scumbag' where basically a guy with a rough childhood called-in and asked for advice, and because he wasnt displaying enough emotions for stefan's taste, he lost his fucking shit and started insulting his caller, evn naming the video after him. so yeah, what he says matters, and sometimes its completely retarded. not to say he doesnt have good insights, but you should take what he says with a grain of salt. i dont trust people who think too highly of themselves.

Can someone explain who the fuck that guy is who reads out the caller letters

His voice makes me want to slit my wrists

>artist manque
The thing that annoyed me about this video is when cernovich said "me and paul jospeh watson noticed shomething seemed off with Hillary."

Fucking bullship mate paul joseph cuckson and this other cunt steal the entiretey of their material from Sup Forums and the donald, not sure reading the most upvoted thread on reddit counts as "noticing". Why do all of these mouthpeices try and pass off stolen work as their own? it pisses me off beyond belief.

Molyneux is doing something more people ought to be doing.

Why is humility such a great virtue? Why should somebody who has attracted thousands of followers and millions of viewers on a regular basis act like they ARENT confident and happy with what they're doing?

Are you the sort of idiot sycophant who says that only "certified experts" can speak with authority and charisma? Everyone else should act meek and unsure of themselves?

If you want to lead the world in a different direction, the last thing you should do is act meek... Unless you want to start a new Christianity.

We need leaders who are willing to step up and BECOME grand. We need leaders who ARE larger than life, this is how movements get moving. Leaders are essential.

Think about it this way. Your average normie would have an awful time coming to this website for "redpills" the kind of people that come here really have the free time the wade through all the garbage, and those who have been here the longest know what's important and what is bait.

What they essentially do is digest that into consumer friendly content.

>Why does this guy get away with such an inflated view of himself?
Why does Sup Forums have such a hate boner for him? There is no point in attacking this guy, he's on our side. The only thing we should be doing right now is attacking leftists and cuckservatives/Neocons. There is nothing to gain in attacking Molyneux (or Milo or Gavin) before Trump gets elected.

He just has that "my farts smell so great" attitude that atheists always have. I agree with him on a few things, not everything, I just wish his videos were shorter because I can't stomach him for too long at a time.

I think he's entertaining enough that I can listen to his videos for hours while I'm at work. His ones about Robin Williams and Bing Cosby are great, as well as the phone-in he does on FDR. I agree that his interruptions and dramatic, flowery rants can be tiresome though.

This video is for anybody who doesn't know what user's like this are talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8

What a fucking prick.

With Stefan you only bother watching the "Truth about" videos and post them on normiebook.

Otherwise you are torturing yourself/wasting your time. Do you people not know how to handle Stefan by now?

wtf i hate stefan molyneux now

no, seriously, what a fucking prick

That's now, he used to be worse, fart smelling happening at the start and sustained.

Hello everyone, Stefan Molyneux from Freedomain Radio here. Hope you're doing well.

What a prick. $1 is probably all a student can afford.

He does raise some good points though, I did enjoy his video on parallels of the fall of rome vs today, but yeah he's a dickhead.

I agree that Mike Cernovich can seem full of himself, but only if you take what he says at face value. Things like bragging about his twitter impressions and calling his stories 'Pulitzer worthy', etcetera. Thing is, he's said himself that he does that to fuck with establishment journalists whose reach has turned into a fraction of what Cernovich has built over (in particular) the last year. Probably take it with a grain of salt.

He's been hammering Hillary's health for months now, launching new hashtags every day, and it's paying off. He was one of the only independent journalists in the middle of the protests at both conventions, covering it live and uncut on twitter and periscope. I'm sure the guy's proud of what he's been doing over the years, and rightly so in my opinion. We need more like him.

>tfw Molymeme has done more for our side than everybody in this thread combined.

My fucking god, FOCUS ON THE ENEMY.

You're like the cringey fedora-lords who whine about Muh Christian oppression!

Stefan has earned a few sniffs.

He reminds me of one of those cheap self help phonies. Good on him though. Certainly worse online personalities. I almost bought one of his books until I read a little bit more about him.

I guess the way I see it with guys like Stefan and Cernovich.... is that I take their articles/videos on an individual level. I really enjoy Stefans "truth about" powerpoints, because he leaves his personality out of it for the most part and sources his shit fairly well.

I don't give a fuck about him I do give a fuck about the fact he is helping push against the leftists.

That is all that matters.

>Taking Bill "muh white privilege" Burr's commentary seriously

youtube.com/watch?v=nLRZyBeuJDA

And i understand and agree with presenting this stuff in a more agreeable way.

The way they presented it in this video though was "we're the smartest guys talking about politics and we're the ones that noticed this"

Bullshit, the smartest guy talking about politics right now is Moldbug, but i doubt many on Sup Forums know that name or even where all of this started. They also most certainly were not the ones that noticed her health issues.

I'm OK with them taking information and dressing it up so the braindead fucks that try to get information from youtube can understand it, but don't take the credit for it.

When they take the credit it shits all over the serious ideological work that we've been doing for the past decade. Even worse it shits all over the hard work that different anons put in pouring over videos and searching through her emails and looking for her fucking seizure glasses. They can present the information without claiming that it was their totally original discovery.

No I fucking hate it and can't stand it which is why I can never watch his 1 hour long diatribes longer than 20 minutes

>poorfags

He was a theaterfag when he was younger. You can tell he tries to lay it on thick for dramatic effect pretty often. Extra long pauses, inflections in his voice, all that shit.

I actually make a pretty good deal of money and I wouldn't even donate a $1 to him. He isn't bad and I enjoy some of his videos but if his channel went away tomorrow I wouldn't care.

>but don't take the credit for it.

What do you expect them to say then "So I was browsing Sup Forums and there was a thread..." no that would be fucking stupid.

I honestly don't care if they take the points raised here and use them on their own. Anytime any of us posts something it's in the public domain and we've absolved our claim to being it's source the minute we post something.

The benefits outweigh the cons, and the cons are something that we accept by using this board for discussion anyway.

If you want to get credit, you could just do the same thing and that goes for anybody else that posts here.

I've not watched this guy in a while.
I don't like when he gets really into things and starts shouting.

Bill just seems really triggered, and confused.

STOP giving a shit about other people's identity and just listen to what they actually have to say. That is what has created the monster that is feminism but it goes for both fucking sides

I watched that and he comes off immature, but I think he was more mad he was telling a story and taking over the time with no discussion. The caller was just as self absorbed. Both self absorbed.

>he's mad
>he's immature
>he's self absorbed

Which of these is an argument?

I haven't watched too much of his stuff

Can anyone link me to a video + time where he says 'not an argument'.
I'd like to see that

demonstrate that he was wrong for saying that hes the smartest person talking about politics right now? yeah i can

>person yells in anger
>he must be mad
>not an argument
you must be stupid

>leaders
hes a social commentator, holy shit. his followers are as delusional as he is. nothing wrong with being confident. but saying youre the smartest person isnt confidence, its arrogance

The reason he shouts and gets so into things is because of weak people like you who wince at the first sign of any conflict and can't handle a little discomfort

do you know where you are?

Want to know how I can tell you're fresh off the boat from Reddit?

my favorite is when he starts to belittle and berate the caller, then starts shit-talking them about their childhood and parents, breaks them down like a pro cult leader

So you have an issue with what Cernovich said there, and that triggered you to bash Memeneux?

As for Molymeme:
>Getting into smelling his own farts territory.
He does sometimes.
>It's almost got a religious fervor.
I don't see it aside from issues directly connected to his rage about his mother.
>He speaks like he's reading some epic poem.
By all means post examples because I like epic poetry and this guy never struck me that way.
>So affected and portentous.
Dunno. I don't think he's all that affected and... portentous. What irritates me is when he titles his videos as "The Truth About..." when he's talking about something that just happened a day or two ago. He's also not a very good actor so it's a good thing he didn't pursue that career even though that was his aim at one point.

Another flaw of his is that despite his passion for philosophy, he's mostly resting on his laurels and rarely says anything that would indicate he's been doing reading. Because if he did, he could drop some jewels of thought he had recently encountered, but whenever he pulls up a quote or an idea it's usually not something fresh but closer to meme-tier.

I have no strong feelings about Memen Molyneux.

I think he's an alright actor. He's in the right place where he isn't so bad it makes you want to turn off your monitor and curl up into a ball nor so good that you are going to miss the point he's trying to make because you're too busy being impressed by the acting.

>make an observation
>not an argument youre from reddit
yeah, i want to know how you reached that conclusion.

>and just listen to what they actually have to say
yeah i did. he said he was the smartest guy talking about politics right now. so now i dont think its worth listening to what he has to say. hes just regurgitating what i read on Sup Forums anyway.

That is the number 1 thing to watch out for in ideologues they are often very resentful

no, the reason he shouts and gets into things is because hes trying to bring emotions into what hes saying, but hes not a good at it, and its cringy

cmn up with your own ideas then if you dont feel like hearing other people's

DO YOU SUPPORT HIM BEING SHOT?

yeah thats exactly what i do.

i know what you mean. i've listened to a tiny bit of him and while it's kind of amusing at first it quickly grows sickly when you realize that it simply doesn't stop.

>Armchair psychologist who got his wife fired for brainwashing her into the defoo cult
>thinks he's the only one who ever had true love
>ultimate irony when his daughter defoos him and spills the beans on how shitty a parent he was

>the defoo cult
CITATION NEEDED

seriously, I tried to find any evidence at all of cult-like behavior here... and nothing turned up. You got anything?

He speaks with a passion, bitter, but with a passion.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWFoH1sG8DE

>leave your parents, they were all abusive anyway
>join me in my internet community of enlightened intellectuals like yourself, we'll never abuse you

online user chihuahua yips at rottweiler.
{/\/} dully noted

Weird guy

He gets away with it, because he has greasy, neckbearded fans who also think that highly of him. Don't even have a problem with him, I can listen to most of his stuff, just saying when a guy like him has "fans" that think of him as gods gift to philosophy and what not it's natural that he also has an inflated ego.

you sound like my wife

ONE

FUCKING

DOLLAR

youtube.com/watch?v=C7XJIioZEgQ

Most of these 'learned' youtubers are shills user.

They cherry pick the opposition to appeal to their audience's biases. Sure, alot of information may be true, but rarely do any of these people give you all of the truth. There is great untruth in omission of information.

The only people who aren't like this are the ones who have low subscriber numbers.

bad joke, SJW's are sour losers.

kek i used to listen to a podcast and he is literally a copy of bill but in portuguese and i just noticed that now lol

Cernovich annoys me to listen to him, but he sure annoys Hilary's team a whole lot more than pol ever could, which is terrific news.

capatcha, an der war, Hilaire
spooky

this
the compilation of facts are good, I just wish he wasn't such a whiny melodramatic fag

stefan's opinions are retarded mostly
his guest interviews are pure circlejerk
his call in shows are pure armchair psychologist stupidity

ITT: assmad faggots
At least he's not a sophist and charges money for his shit.

Not an argument