After Blade Runner, how do you think Villeneuve's Dune will be?

I don't care what you plebs think, I liked the look of 2049, so at least I hope it's visually appealing.

A lot like this, I hope.

YES you got it user

I think it will be adequate at worst and kino at best.
Also I hope to GOD that they will cast Anya as Princess Irulan, she just has IT you know what I mean?

this

this

They actually have an excuse to go the diversity route and add a bunch of A-rabs and maybe negros.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will be a generic action movie
Sup Forums will claim it's amazing and then forget about it 5 minutes after release

The real question is will they have the balls to tackle the sequels?

It's a hard book to adapt, half the story is internal monologues as characters are constantly trying to battle eachother's wits and decipher their motives (especially the 2nd book). A one minute conversation out loud is 20 pages in the book as we see their internal mental gymnastics looking for the meaning beyond meanings in the other's words. Lynch tried to do it with voiceovers but it just came off weird. After watching BR2049 I'm optimistic though.

Ay Duncan, Imma worm now and shit

I feel like this would be really hard to adapt. Also, watch what happens when Hollywood makes a video depicting a man leading a bunch of sand people on "jihad". Americans will go apeshit. They can't handle it.

If Denis is directing it's guaranteed to be above average at worst, so I'm looking forward to it

>liked Pleb Runner 2049
>has the nerve to call others plebs

>w-w-who cares i-if the f-f-film is mediocre as long as it has pr-r-retty pictures

>Pretends to dislike a movie that he hasn't seen and calls others plebs for actually liking it

How confirmed is this? Is it like, in the process of being made or is this sort of like, we'll see?
>pic is mama jessica
agreed

>at least
Since when do we let illiterate brainlets on here?

Legendary thread

the sequels are trash especially from god emperor on, and the brian books are even worse

>Lynch tried to do it with voiceovers but it just came off weird
What's what that was? What a hack.

>ywn be Paul
jdimsa

>god emperor is bad.

This is the most powerful bait I have ever witnessed, truly this thread is populated by men of iron will for this to have no (you)'s

though chapter house and heretics was kind of off the wall I'll give you that

Here's hoping they fix the pacing of the second half of the book. It seemed to jump around more than Game of Thrones season 7.
The beginning when they first moved to Arrakis and you learn about the world, and the conflicts between houses was great.

But who has the capability of handling The Canterbury Tales in space

A "white" noble leading a bunch of cavemen on a jihad to conquer the entire known universe.
People will go fucking apeshit.

They point out that the fremen breed with people from the city that come from other planets to make sure their race doesn’t stagnant, so they shouldn’t all be brown Arabs. Good excuse to have a fully diverse cast at least.

Stay away from Stilgar's daughter.

How the fuck can you turn Dune into a generic action movie? The only big battles are the Harkonnen invasion and the Fremen Jihad at the end. Beyond that there's maybe two one on one duels. Please bait better next time.

Hollywood will find a way.

i hope it takes 1 year of filming and 1 year of post-production, i hope villeneuve dedicates every inch of his body and every atom of his being to this project, this could be his magnum opus, i hope he pushes his turbo autism button and goes berserk with perfectionism.
does anybody know his filmmaking habits, is such a thing even possible?

Isn't Dune a passion project for DV? If so, I doubt he lets it become that.

Yes, Denis has said he's been a fan of the Dune book ever since he was like, 12. Compare that to David Lynch, who didn't even read Dune. I'm not saying Lynch's Dune was bad or anything, just kind of a mess.

>How the fuck can you turn Dune into a generic action movie?

Simplify plot, remove symbolism, make the Empire into Nazis.

>Denis has said he's been a fan of the Dune book ever since he was like, 12

And Duncan Jones played WoW. Didn't help the movie any.

>I'm not saying Lynch's Dune was bad or anything
It was.

it's going to be pretty fucking hard to top lynch's visuals of caladan, giedi prime and arrakis. the mesmerizing oceans of caladan, industrial hell of the harkonnens and the divine desert of arrakis.

Vilnev is far better director than dunkan jones. And book has more potential than some generic fantasy videogame

Is it haram?

how did they turn star trek into a trilogy of generic action movies? you can do that to anything and sadly it appears to be the only way to get anything sf made these days because you need that sweet budget for effects and studio sure as hell won't approve it for some niche movie about ecology and messianic prophesies.

DV should just go for the jugular

I've only seen Sicario and Arrival. Sicario I liked, Arrival not so much. The odds are that potential will stay a potential.

Biggest problem with Dune would be knowing what to not include from the source material. If you're going for one movie that's even worse.

everytime I think /tv can't get worse , it does.
you ass wipes actually want sequels remakes, prequels, more fuckin garbage.
keep rewarding hollywood for pumping out diarrhea.

What's wrong with wanting a good film of Dune? There hasn't been a film in over 30 years, the film was shit, and the book is seen as one of the best sci-fi book around. There is also an entire series of books to draw inspiration from.
Dune has a lot of potential.

The potential of Dune hasn't been reached, not even close, so stop spouting vomited shit that doesn't make any sense. Lynch's Dune in 1984 was an adaption of a book. Denis is poised to work on another adaption of the same book, so at least you can call it a "re-adaption", faggot.

Some of them are described as brown, and I remember one of them being blond as well, so it basically is one of the few places where an excessively diverse cast isn't excessive. Also, in one of the books, Duncan is described as having eyelids with epicanthic fold, so they could make him Asian.
As long as they keep the Atreides, Corrinos, and Harkonnens white, I don't care.

>the Atreides
>white
Wew lad

Plenty of action in Dune
>Sandworm attack on harvesters
>Harkonnen invasion
>Paul and Jessica escape
>Paul kills a Fremen to prove his worth and takes his water
>Ride of the sandworm
>Years of fremen attacks on the Harkonnens
>Final battle