26 episodes will drop on Netflix Dec 23rd

26 episodes will drop on Netflix Dec 23rd.

I'm sad a little because we know it will be shit just by looking at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2oNgZlbSKI
youtube.com/watch?v=tBZZU4h1dCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And the trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=J2oNgZlbSKI

>average joe kid protagonist
>girl who wears either pink or purple clothing
>fat comic relief kid
How original

I'm the only faggot looking forward to it

Eeh, I'll give it a chance if mostly to support action cartoons on Netflix.

Also, it might be decent. Kulapari looked awful from previews, but the show ended up being decent. Not great and the animation was bad, but the story took some unexpected turns that kept me interested.

Blinky and AARGH look like shit and the storyline is likewise mangled.

>Del Toro
>Kelsey Grammar

well fine then

I'm beginning to think the 2010 renaissance of animation will be coming to a close in the next couple of years, then it's going to be the mid 00's all over again with nothing but trite on kids TV

>dreamworks
Good lord

I would agree, but seeing Guillermo talk about it makes me see the better aspects of it: youtube.com/watch?v=tBZZU4h1dCo

Isn't the main VA dead?

Yeah, he didn't get to record the last episode IIRC

look at this baby

So it's already dead?

I'm willing to give it a chance

I mean its got fucking Del Toro on it

Your kidding me

Early in the morning of June 19, 2016, Yelchin was found by friends pinned between his Jeep Grand Cherokee and a brick pillar outside his home in Studio City, California, in what was described as a "freak accident".[2] He was pronounced dead later that day at the age of 27.[3][4]

Jeeeez.

Eww, it's THAT kind of animation

Shit I didn't realize that the main kid was Chekov

I remember the news talking about what happened to him

Lesee what Wiki's Trollhunters entry says...

>Trollhunters is led by Anton Yelchin, Kelsey Grammer and Ron Perlman, and is the final project of Yelchin, who died shortly after recording most of his dialogue.[6] Producer Del Toro refused to replace his recordings.[7]

How nice of Del Toro to do that since it's Anton's last acting work.

>Main hero has a sword
>Girl has a long-range weapon

At least the comedy fat kid is given a weapon too, so he hopefully won't just be there to slow them down and spout catchphrases.

Also, it would make for shitty PR if they replaced all of his work. That didn't even fly for a living VA.

These are those same two Trolls, aren't they?

So the show is already dead?

Nah, he won't replace what's already been recorded, but there will be a point where the kid gets a new voice actor and probably a nice "in memoriam" for the credits of the last episode the first guy was in.

>Voltron
>Troll Hunters
>Young Justice
>Miraculous Ladybug since it was dropped by Nick

Why does Netflix have the best action shows?

They really want lots of serialized stories to draw people in to binge watching.
So serialized action just kind of fits into that well.

Yeah Netflix is a good place for these shows.
Had they been on Nick or CN they'd be in scheduling hell.

Holy fuck. Why they can't keep THIS?

I know. Why didn't Del Toro tell them to do 2D animation? Or at the very least they could've made the trolls more detailed like the alpha dragons in HTTYD 2.

They feel challenged enough to put the big bucks in that action needs, and problem-of-the-week doesn't suit streaming.

looks dumb
shame this was yelchin's last gig

Bump

They already fucked it up. The girl had a sword (a rapier, I think) as well, and Toby refused to be a Troll Hunter, instead basically babysitting AARGH...and later giver her barbed-wire braces to correct her snarl. Nice of him, since she ate like 7 of his cats. This shit was really not that kid-friendly in novel format.

Yes. AARGH on the left and Blinky on the right. They fit the book's description. The kid on the far right is Jim's uncle Jack, kidnapped by AARGH to quell the first evil troll uprising 40 years before Jim was born. He still looks like that because people don't age in the troll world. He's basically a feral ninja-like killing machine. Think a more crude and brutal younger version of Niko from Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros novels. Of course this kiddy-ass adaptation leaves him out.

I feel like they were aiming for a lot darker when the adaptation was supposed to be a movie co-directed by del Toro and current showrunner, Rodrigo Blaas. Especially since Blaas was only hired by Dreamworks after del Toro handpicked him from Pixar after the release of his short film Alma. Which was also on the slate for a dark adaptation at Dreamworks.

Somewhere between 2010 and 2016, Dreamworks took a very bad turn and just never quite recovered.

I don't get it.

So when does stuff get uploaded to netflix? I'm asking for Voltron purposes.

I think they wanted to sell toys and thus asked for a more toyetic art direction.

You are an idiot.

Not until the girl and main guy act shy around one another and get in denial about their feelings.