Adventure Time

Adventure Time returns on January 23.

Synopses for the first six episodes of season eight, as well as the eight-part Islands mini series: broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Cartoon-Network-Rings-in-2017-with-Brand-New-Episodes-of-Fan-Favorite-Shows-20161221

A preview for what I assume is the season premiere: youtube.com/watch?v=PzT-A6E4vZc

The Islands intro for those who haven't seen it yet: youtube.com/watch?v=ytKt2LT61aA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D8E_jtl-v1s
youtube.com/watch?v=t-mM9f_FkE8
ew.com/article/2016/09/29/adventure-time-ending-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Two Swords.

Do No Harm.

Wheels.

High Strangeness.

Jelly Beans Have Power.

>for what I assume

I'm an idiot. The article itself says it's from the premier.

>that preview
Oh neat, didn't see that.

James Baxter is probably the last character I expected to see again.

I can't wait for grass Finn having romantic tensions with PB and Marceline while the actual Finn is gone

I hope he goes on his own journey, visiting the farthest reaches of Ooo and beyond.

I hate when it's obvious the character is trying to say he's chill while everyone keeps fucking him up.

Also fuck exposition, you have 8 seasons.

Judging from how Grass Finn reacted upon seeing Susan, I'm guessing Finn Sword is the dominant personality instead of Grass Sword.

A couple more storyboard panels. This one's from an episode called Abstract.

I don't think the name of this episode was given.

I think the cookbook mentions Minerva and the Founders Island.

I'm cool with all of this except James Baxter. Not only was he a boring gimmick character who could barely carry his first episode, they shouldn't still be wasting time with boring one shot characters like this. They have like 40 total episodes left, use them for more important shit then helping fucking James Baxter with whatever stupid as problems he has.

Besides that looks cool.

The cast sheet for The Light Cloud has a few censored names. I'm guessing one of them is Finn's mom.

>They have like 40 total episodes left
2 more seasons

Yeah but I thought both those episode are back to the old format of 26 episode seasons, so only 52 remaining in total. Basically just season 5's length.
We're not getting two double stuffed seasons, just one cut in half.

Didn't you like how the Martin and FP/depression arc he had was resolved? If you thought those were bland to awful and were expecting something more of quality then fuck you.

t. writers

>two straight weeks of new episodes
Hell yeah.

It ends with 284 cartoons minus the three episode slots for shorts. Which means they have 43 episodes to wrap this shit up.

They finally went for the robot arm huh?

I guess people were pretty disappointed that it just grew back the first time around.

That's a storyboard panel from Reboot

>grew back
The first time around the grass sword became his arm

Since the first two episodes of the season premiere are back to back, I think it's a two parter. So, we would have a four episode arc, with Preboot/Reboot, and the next two episodes.

>High Strangeness is a Tree Trunks episode
We're never getting away from here

[citation needed]

I hope you're being ironic. You guys know that isn't going to happen. Literally nothing suggests Grass Finn will serve any actual importance, yet Sup Forums is anticipating for something to happen. The chance that nothing does happen with him I have to see Sup Forums bitch about it for the next two years. Just stop fuck

>no one cares
damn i want to talk about it

Whatchu want to talk about?

Dude, even we thought Grass Finn was gonna be evil at first.

It doesn't help that this news was posted on the day that lots of new comics were released, not to mention the RS series finale news and early releases.

>L-L-R-X
This feels like an oddly deliberate camera angle.

... XJ77

Well, duh. I know that. But before it's activated, they keep showing it from that angle. Almost feels like it's on purpose somehow.

>series finale
god damn i almost forgot that was a thing, i hate i didnt have enough time to come to terms with it ending since they put the whole season in a few months

at least with adventure time i got 2 seasons and at least 1 miniseries to air before it ends

It's strange how RS is ending before AT

isnt that robot girl from that one show called XJ9? is this a reference to that maybe?

HYPE.

>Finn has a robotic right arm
>Tiffany has a robotic left arm
Pottery.

Will Marceline and PB finally start dating or will the writers just continue to heavily imply it.

Probably implied dating and blatant flirting. You just can't pull that much shipping fuel in one season and ignore it the next. You just can't. I don't expect an episode of Marcy and PB on a date, that'd be nice but it seems unlikely.

Fuck Tiffany

>bubbline
>nice

I never really have cared about the romantic relationships of characters ever, especially in cartoons on "kids" networks. However, Marceline and PB's relationship makes me really happy I really want to see them get together, idk why but I just really empathize with it for some reason, it's the only relationship in the show that isn't forced and is truly romantic. Varmints and stakes were so good I really hope the writers can just establish that they are in some sort of romantic relationship.

>isn't forced and is truly romantic. Varmints and stakes were so good I really hope the writers can just establish that they are in some sort of romantic relationship.
>not forced

I mean in comparison to literally every other relationship in the show, they took it considerably slower than having Finn sperg out over some random chick every season.

>>not forced
There has been subtext since season 3 holy shit why can't you fags accept this

youtu.be/D8E_jtl-v1s
Say it with me Sup Forums
LESBIAN TIME

according to the tags on the koo posts the boarders (or at least one of them) are
>Two Swords
Herpich and Wolfhard
>Do No Harm
Laura Knetzger (New boarder) and Muto
>Wheels
Graham Falk (creator of untalkative bunny, guy who did stuff like shhh, root beer guy, Sad Face, ghost fly, orgalorg, cherry cream soda, summer showers, and lady raincorn and the crystal dimension) and Charmaine Verhagen (promoted Storyboard Revisionist)
>High Strangeness
Pen himself
>Jelly Beans Have Power
Aleks Sennwald (co-boarded five short tables and preboot)
>Abstract
Graham Falk

>Ship has PB figurine at the bow
>Call the ship the SS Bubblegum
endgame confirmed.

tbqh the ss sugar spit sounds lewd in of itself tho

>I don't know why, I usually don't care, but I REALLY WANT THIS LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP, IT JUST MAKES ME SO HAPPY

So it's looking like I'm not going to be enjoying, Falk episodes are too comfy for me. I need to be in complete silence, relaxed, nothing on my mind to enjoy episodes Falk boards.

I find Falk's episodes hit and miss.

Can't wait for this miniseries to be nothing of consequence again.

Continue to look at the mini-series in a negative light and that's just how it will appear to you when it finally airs. You just hate to see anything good happen to Adventure Time, that the chance something great will happen you try your best to convince yourself it will be utter shit. Ever thought about watching it just to see how it will end up?

The synopses sure do make it look like they're connected.

Agreed

I think it's just a coincidence.

>Min and Marty
Everyone suspected it back when "The Visitor" aired, but it's still rather interesting given that this is Martin we're talking about.

I lost interest in RS after the sixth season, but I was still shocked by how quickly CN wanted to get this last season out. Are any of the new shows even airing soon, or will they just use the extra time to air more TTG until then?

When (or if) he comes back, I wonder if he'll have any more robotic parts.

They'll probably tease it but never actually do it.

Two Finns
youtube.com/watch?v=t-mM9f_FkE8

ew.com/article/2016/09/29/adventure-time-ending-2018/

>142 half hours
>142 * 2 = 284 eleven minute cartoons
>284 - 3 (short spots) = 281
>Adventure Time will end with technically 284 episodes

It's not hard to do the math. I'm assuming this last season was split into two.

>Pen himself

Well, now I'm somewhat interested.