That Batman movie isn't looking too good

>Ben Affleck announced himself to the movie world as a more-than-capable director back in 2007 when he helmed the adaptation of Denis Lehane’s novel Gone Baby Gone. Since that time, the Oscar winner has emerged as one of this generation’s premier filmmakers, calling the shots on acclaimed crime drama The Town and Best Picture recipient Argo. His prowess behind the camera (combined with some standout performances in other movies like Gone Girl), led Affleck to the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DC Extended Universe, where he will helm The Batman – the character’s first solo vehicle in the franchise.

>Before then, however, Affleck has another film coming out. We speak of Live By Night, Affleck’s second adaptation of a Lehane book. A story set in the Prohibition Era, many were excited to see the director take on a big-scale crime epic. The trailers promised a tale that was ambitious and grand in scale, and the hope was it would be another awards contender for Affleck. Now that the first wave of reviews have made their way online, it seems Affleck has his first misfire as a helmsman.

screenrant.com/live-by-night-early-reviews-ben-affleck/
rottentomatoes.com/m/live_by_night

Oh no, a director had a bad movie.

How does this relate to, well, anything?

>it's another Marvel Shill thread
*sigh*
Shouldn't you Mouseketeers be busy reading Mockingbird or Champions?
/thread

simply le epic post

well obviously this belongs on Sup Forums because he's also in a comic book movie

so if you'll excuse me I'm going to make a thread about John Wick 2 because hey Keanu Reeves was in that one comic book movie once

Things wasn't looking good for the Batman movie since Deathstroke was announced as the main villain.

I has no hope for this book anymore.

*This movie

Dude, your reply, was awesome! Seriously man, I think you just ended the marvel franchise and their fans credibility with that post! Haha

>Gone Baby Gone
Boring as fuck. I had to read the Wikipedia article to remember anything about it. al-Flecki's a hack, no doubt about it.

>Using deathstroke is bad
Confirmed for plebeian taste.

So what? Directors fuck up from time to time, and hey, I will refrain judgement until I watch the movie myself, critics have been doing shit like praise Ghostbusters (2016) so their opinions are not exactly always right.

>Ben Afflect

Decent Baman, overrated director.

His Batman will be 10 times better than anything Snyder could do.

>I has
These bots are a bit outdated, Ike.

You didn't like The Town? I thought that was his best film.

This. I lost hope after the announcement.

Will his Batman still kill people and be an idiot who doesn't do any research?

He needs to work with the DC best writers. We are talking about save DCU for Krypton sake.

WB really wants to push Johns for helping write these movies due to his success with the CW stuff

Warner Bros. gave the director's chair of the next Batman movie to Ben Affleck on the hopes that he would prove capable of making a good Batman film. The studio wanted to make everyone forget about the thus-far lackluster efforts to create a shared film universe for DC properties. That Affleck has now had a misstep in his directorial career might lessen the studio's confidence in his ability to deliver a successful Batman film.

The fuck are you on about you paranoid retard? Are you illiterate?

I thought Johns was already helping. no?

He is, he co-wrote Wonder Woman and is helping Affleck

They're definitely going to interfere with it now, and Ben has to keep his mouth shut because being at WB is what put him back on the map to begin with.

>Deathstroke was announced as the main villain
Why? Seriously why choose Deathstroke when you can choose anyone from Batman Rouge Gallery?

I'm sure it will, but 10 times better than Snyder doesn't mean it will be good.

>Affleck
>good at directing original works

Kek

Live By Night was an adaptation tho

You can't /thread your own post.

As if Warner were planning on keeping hands off before.

Actually letting their directors do their things is something they're demonstrably bad at.

Who the fuck are they making watch these movies?

They say this shit all the time and then producers turn the movie into a complete fucking pile of shit.

It's over.
Affleck as both director and actor, Johns as consultant, the already bloated cast with appereances from half the Batfamily, Deathstroke as a main villain.

The Batman movie will be a disaster.

what a stupid comment, you can direct or you can't, it matters fuck all if it's an adaption or an original

>the already bloated cast with appereances from half the Batfamily
Alfred is the only one who is confirmed so far.

It will basically be Hush but worse.

Am I allowed to say I've not been impressed by any of Affleck's movies so far now?

Critics range from newspaper, online and magazine journalists

I liked The Town and Argo

His next movie?

but he was the bomb in Phantoms

I hope Batman gets white eyes eventually

Yes. He's competent but so are a lot of other directors.

NEVER EVER
NEVER EVER
NEVER EVER
NEVER EVER

He did in dark knight when he was using cell phone vision

That looked like shit. Like he was from sentai tv show

Earth One Batman doesn't have the white eyes

Go back to your mosque, Affleck. Or better yet go learn something about being an actual director instead of moonlighting as one because Jen kicked you out the house!

I really liked Gone Baby Gone. Nice atmosphere, good mystery and characters, and the few action scenes were unexpectedly gripping.

Sentai is pretty close to superheroes, no?

Billy Wilder had a bunch of stinkers we've never heard of, but yeah, studios are a lot tighter now.

>fucks up once after a couple of solid films
>everything retroactively now sucks and everything after this will too!
the logic of your average mouseketeer

>*sigh*
>Mouseketeer
>/thread

Fuck you.

I can't believe it's over.

It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away from the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.

Oh, Disney is trying really hard this time.

is this like, genuine shilling?I mean most of the time people cry shill its obviously isnt, but this really feels like it is

Yeah, he's doing GCS too. Credited as writer.

>helping

>genuine shilling
From who?

all fun leisurely activities are childish as fuck

sports, gambling, cars, fantasy, movies

it's all shit kids love. that's why it's awesome.

the only "adult" past time i can think of is constantly fucking strangers and that's an expensive hobby.

>implying anyone in this thread knows who Billy Wilder is

You do friend. Welcome.

It's pasta

Honestly the only way I'm going to be interested in The Batman is if the Riddler is the antagonist.
We've had four movies of a dumb Batman. It's time to show people why he's called the world's greatest detective, and if they can do that and redeem the joke of Jim Carrey Riddler that'd go a long way in showing that the sky's the limit.

I agree with you, which is why it makes it so annoying when people go on about how mature and serious and realistic and respectful the DCEU is.

other than shitposters nobody fucking says that seriously.

Have you seen DC_Cinematic?

Says the guy posting on Sup Forums. Do us all a favor and go fuck yourself.

>Who's the villain f.a.m?
>Evil batman

DCU is fucking trash.

Isn't Owlman evil Batman

not so sure about the dceu but i love that mos and bvs try to be about something.

most marvel films are overrated mindless crap. of course, the crap is for kids and it's shiny crap so it sells.

>Warner Bros
>Implying they know anything about how to make movies

Good movies are orchestrated by good directors, not the studios they happen to be a part of. I'm 100% confident Batfleck will make a good movie (given his track record) if WB keep the intervention to the absolute minimum.

>getting this butthurt at a copypasta

Calm down Affleck, it's gonna be alright

>his first misfire

Ben Afleck isn't a good director. Argo was utter shit and only got nominated thanks to nepotism.

>Things wasn't looking good for the Batman movie since Deathstroke was announced as the main villain.
When was he announced to be the main villain? All we know is that he'll be in it.

Love that movie

Watch his Batman movies be vastly superior to Nolan's

I guarantee that wont happen

So.... it's gonna be on the same level as Gone Girl?

Fuck yeah, that movie was great.

Hmm.

What does this have to do with batman?

I can answer that.
>Affleck is a good director
>Affleck is directing Batman
>Affleck made a poopoo
It's a sign of trouble.

Affleck took on Batman in a quid-pro-quo with WB; he'd try and pull Snyder's DCEU out of the trainwreck that was Man of Steel, WB would start funding some of his more ambitious film projects.

Nobody does this shit because it's the direction they want their career to go in. Except Reynolds.

Oh and this guy.

SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR!

At least it wasn't the Joker again but yeah there were better choices

I didn't knkw Owlman was in this

Another "DC bad" thread huh? Just won't let up will you?

why the hate dude? wait at least for afucking trailer before runing you mouth dude

The problem is that Affleck's recent movie sucked, "dude".

Affleck was the only reason BvS was even any good. Even if the solo Batman movie somehow ends up being horrible, Affleck's acting and performance should be more than enough to keep it at least on Suie sy Skwad level. Tolerable and enjoyable but deeply flawed.

/THIS

It's pretty quid pro quo. WB had the HP directory signed for Fantastic Beast versus some like Del Torro in exchange for him doing workmanlike duties (paycheck directing) of Legends of Tarzan. Which was a mistake, since that's why the movie was shot in England, instead of Africa.

Likewise, Chris Nolan got to do The Prestige and Inception because of TDK and TDKR. Since Inception made a lot of cash, he got to do Interstellar. He probably is on a slightly tighter leash budget wise, but he still probably gets to do something like that without doing another thing in the DCEU, although he did have to agree to 'mentor' Men of Steel before they fully agreed to give him as much of a budget as he wanted for Interstellar so who knows?

Some of Malick's ratings are shit too. What's your point?

I love how you casuals idiots believe that is a good thing.

Johns in the batman movie is a terrible idea, same With the wondy movie. He is pure cancer. Fucking cyborg in the flash movie it's his legacy

Johns is quite possible one of the worst Batman writers of all time.

There's a John Wick comic now, so....Go ahead!

Deathstroke has been matched up with Batman so many times he's practically part of his rouges.

nice comics and cartoons thread

Thanks

>his first misfire
>t. plebs tat liked Gone Baby Gone or The Town
wew